• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Revival - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
When I was killed, I was surprised, not because I was killed, but when I read Toxics reasoning I was really confused. Clearly I acted scummy and he spotted that but Toxic, I didn't understand your reasoning. You said I was very aggressive to people who were against me, but the people I was most aggressive towards were Soul and Deku, one of which was mostly aggressive towards Storm (which is why I went after him), and the other was my scumbud. I didn't find I was ever overly aggressive with you, Toxic, no moreso than I would be as a townie (I have a very aggressive playstyle). In fact, I thought I was gonna get in trouble with people because I was acting unusually calm in this game.

Nonetheless, you got me, and actually, it's hugely my fault. Deku suggested to block Toxic on the last night, but I suggested to block Raj because he was speaking as if he knew things about the role set up, so I figured he was a PR. I was actually scared I had thrown the game for my squad.

Luckily, however, it looks like my attempts to distance myself from DekuNut actually played out in our favour. Yay! I'm not very good at scum, much, much better at town, so I'm glad we won haha

I was actually extremely surprised by Raj's initial vote for Alit, because in a Mylo situation I figured they didn't really need to lynch anyone at all, not to mention the fact that Raj was mostly suspicious of Mido and Deku the previous day, and we all thought Deku was doomed because he didn't realize we were all on the Soul lynch so he jumped on at the end.

I was mostly surprised by Toxics final vote though. With 2 scum, I did not expect anyone to get to 2 votes that quickly, we were all actually extremely excited haha.

Anyway, great game everyone! Hopefully this prepared me well for my upcoming championship :)

Mido

Version 1
Well, I'm glad to see that the Mafia had won the day! :D It's been a pleasure serving with you, @DekuNut and @Jamie!

If there's anything I found awesome about this game, and many of you mentioned this already, but I was impressed with the new crop of players. Good stuff coming from the lot of you! Also, I'd like to throw in a quick Mido tip of the day: Don't be a Mido, and stay active! (But it seems like that won't be problem! XD). On that note, I wish I would have been more active, since it's been a play flaw of mine in the past, but I digress. Some good performances came about in this game!

Well, my moment of realization came right at the end when I died. Mido was high on my suspicions list at the end, but I truly did not think DekuNut was scum until he hammered. That was a really clever mafia performance. Sorry for doubting you were town, Toxic. I wasted a lot of time on that for a pretty low payoff. Oh well, GG to everyone. Thanks for modding, Johnny.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Rebel til the end. Of course Dekuvwould kill me. I thought he would have been more sincere in my death. Its alright Deku-Sama. I forgive you, and i await Mann v Machine

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I didn't even suspect Mido or Deku. You guys played me like a fiddle. Darn. Well, GG guys. I tried my best, but to no avail. I guess I acted a bit rash with that last vote, huh? In any case, that was fun. I'll definitely sign up for the next game. Thanks for supporting me all the way through, guys, especially since I was a noob.

And @Jamie, I just felt like you were being aggressive towards certain people, which you pointed out were your scumbud, and Soul, who was saying Storm was scum. Looking back now, I realize that it wasn't as much as them opposing you, but rather you disliking things they said. Either way, I just felt like you were being aggressive overall, so I was just trying to find reasoning to justify trying to kill you at night, to go along with your kind of scummy actions. But, you know, it didn't really help all that much by the end of the game, when I screwed it up anyway XD

So I have to ask for future reference, what can I do if I find myself in a similar situation to appear less scummy? In retrospect, lynching Toxic over Dan would have been disastrous, but I didn't want to lynch Dan because I felt he barely had any time to respond due to his earlier ban. It was really smart of the mafia to kill SMS the following night knowing that Viral would go after me. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure how to get out of what looked like a no-win situation.

Also @Viral Maze I was suspicious of you because you told SMS to investigate me at the end of the game day, which gave me no time to respond. When SMS died, it really did make it seem that I was mafia. I didn't trust you because I thought you set up a situation that I could only claim out of, but since I was a vanilla townie, a claim wouldn't have helped me as we saw with Soul's lynch.

In retrospect, lynching Toxic over Dan would have been disastrous, but I didn't want to lynch Dan because I felt he barely had any time to respond due to his earlier ban.

I felt the same way. Dan was unfortunate collateral, and you don't know how relieved I am that Toxic didn't flip scum at the end. I would have felt like a giant ass if that had been the case. :P

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So I have to ask for future reference, what can I do if I find myself in a similar situation to appear less scummy? In retrospect, lynching Toxic over Dan would have been disastrous, but I didn't want to lynch Dan because I felt he barely had any time to respond due to his earlier ban. It was really smart of the mafia to kill SMS the following night knowing that Viral would go after me. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure how to get out of what looked like a no-win situation.

As the mod, I think there was nothing you could do. I technically didn't say no-lynch wasn't allowed, but most people know those accomplish nothing. The Dan lynch ended up unavoidable at that point.

I also don't have any ideas about how you could have averted your fate. We didn't have any solid leads the day before, and you would have hanged that day had it not been for me. Mafia sometimes just is like that, unfortunately. Nothing you can do about it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom