• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Revival - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Yes, yes, good. One mafia down, two to go. Since Jamie was Mafia, and Storm was Doctor (Proving my initial suspicions of him wrong), I'd say the most suspicious would be Viral and ALiT. Viral because he seemed to back up Jamie in most situations, and was very heavy on the Soul lynch near the end there, and ALiT because he already had suspicion on him before for obvious reasons. Your thoughts, everyone?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Viral because he seemed to back up Jamie in most situations, and was very heavy on the Soul lynch near the end there, and ALiT because he already had suspicion on him before for obvious reasons. Your thoughts, everyone?

I am inclined slightly to agree with the Alit thing but what do you mean by the bold portion. I was heavy on the soul lynch?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
tumblr_inline_n6gvv4cv9d1sxv2yt.gif

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I am inclined slightly to agree with the Alit thing but what do you mean by the bold portion. I was heavy on the soul lynch?
Just went back and looked at your posts and realized you didn't vote. I could've swore you did...

Anyway, sorry, I seemed to have messed up with my suspicions. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I still have slight suspicion of you, but a lot less now that you corrected me. Again, sorry, I'll make sure to take precautions and check next time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Alright, so it seems like we have a vig after all. Nice work vig! I'll check to see if I can maybe get an idea of who it is.

A part of me wishes I had been killed in Storm's place since now we don't have our doctor, but I suppose the mafia would've just kept roleblocking him anyway.

btw guys, I'm on a temporary hiatus from this site atm so I probably won't be as active as I have been. I'll be checking in daily or every 2 days at the least though and I will still be keeping up with and posting in this game. Just a heads up! :)

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I'm heavily inclined to believe DekuNut is town now that we know Jamie was a mafia goon. Jamie continually went after DekuNut during the last game day. Here Jamie accused DekuNut of wanting to stay in the background. Jamie also went after Deku's logic quite a bit. I also had some qualms with Deku's reasoning about why he didn't want to vote for me, and his "guilty under proven innocent" stance, but I believe this is another strike in favor of Deku in light of Jamie's role.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I've noticed this game always slows down a lot when the day phase starts. Anyway, just a placeholder for tonight after work and gym for me to post a post. I feel like we should all have a scumlist by now btw.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
Here is my ranking of the remaining players (excluding myself since I'll leave it for others to decide how scummy I am) from scummiest to least scummy:

1. Viral Maze
2. Mido
3. Toxic_Snowman and DekuNut (tied)
4. Tristan (confirmed town so duh)

I have an assignment that I need to submit by midnight tonight, and I need to put the finishing touches on it when I get home, but I'll post my reasoning after midnight central time if I'm still awake.

Mido

Version 1
Now that I've caught up, in light of recent developments, I think I can wager the following:

1.) The Jamie developments
-I think out of this debacle, Toxic_Snowman appears much more town than ever. His back and forth battle with Jamie potentially supports this notion.

2.) The big stuff
-Based on our latest events, two people now cross my sights: DekuNut and ALIT. Both players, I have not said too much about, well, a little more on the latter then the former. DekuNut has largely slipped under my radar, aside from a small thing he said on Day 1 about keeping himself alive. In the meantime, I'll have to reexplore where the exact quote is to acquire better context. Ultimately, the circumstances of Soul's lynch were what truly got me intrigued. His vote seemed rather abrupt and out of nowhere, just as to seal the deal. As for ALIT, don't get me wrong, I don't think he's done anything wholly scummy, as I've stated before, but I think @Viral Maze outlined an interesting possibility regarding ALIT, revolving around the idea of Jamie steering the lynch to Soul as to protect ALIT. In light of this possibility, I'm still finding myself considering the facets of this scenario, as I much more uncertain about ALIT than DekuNut.

I know it's been an unfortunate staple of mine to be inactive in this game, but it may be difficult for me to pop in here for the time being, at least until the weekend, since I have some schoolwork to catch up on after being sick the previous weekend. I'll do what I can to check back in here whenever possible!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Just because I want to get some discussion going...

Vote: Mido

I'll post my thoughts on each player later tonight, I have a lot of stuff to do today. I have a hunch as to who the vig is so that heavily narrows down the scum list.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll have a better thoughts list later, when I'm at my PC and done with my Linguistics homework, but Imma reply to Midoro really fast:
Yes, it was to seal the deal. The lynch was between him and ALIT, and, when it came down to it, I felt that Soul was scummier. So I sealed the deal in hopes of making sure the lunch went the way I felt was better for the town. Am I aware of my mistake? Yes. But I'm not going to deny your allegation.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Just because I want to get some discussion going...

Vote: Mido

I'll post my thoughts on each player later tonight, I have a lot of stuff to do today. I have a hunch as to who the vig is so that heavily narrows down the scum list.
I honestly feel like Mido is Town, just from his actions alone. He seems to be trying to contribute positively, whenever he posts. He isn't as active as others, and so was Jamie, which could make Mido a bit more suspicious if you take into consideration that fact. But, I felt like Jamie was Mafia, personally, because of his aggressive nature towards anyone who he felt threatened him. And that theory turned out to be true. We see the exact opposite behavior in Mido, making me feel a lot more reassured he is Town. But, I mean, anybody could be Mafia at this point, so I'm not saying anything for certain.

Oh, and if you don't mind, who do you think is Vigilante? It could help us to know, because every bit of information and opinions count, even though you don't have to if you don't want to.

Here is my ranking of the remaining players (excluding myself since I'll leave it for others to decide how scummy I am) from scummiest to least scummy:

1. Viral Maze
2. Mido
3. Toxic_Snowman and DekuNut (tied)
4. Tristan (confirmed town so duh)

I have an assignment that I need to submit by midnight tonight, and I need to put the finishing touches on it when I get home, but I'll post my reasoning after midnight central time if I'm still awake.
I think it would be a good idea if everyone did this, listing who they suspect most to least, to see who the Town generally believes in Mafia. I think we can get some good conversation going from there, if anyone seems suspicious to the majority. Here is mine, from most to least scummiest, in my opinion:

1. A Link In Time: He has acted quite scummy in the past, like when he adamantly questioned me. That in and of itself isn't very suspicious, but he was near lynch last Day period, and somehow the vote went 180 and the Vanilla Townie Soul was lynched. Pretty suspicious and coincidental, I think.

2. Viral Maze: I don't have much against him, except for his was acting pretty buddy-buddy with now confirmed Mafia Goon Jamie. They seemed to back each other up and support one another often, which could be explained as just friendship between the two, or something of that manner, but is worth mentioning to say the least.

3. DekuNut: He seems pretty Pro-Town, and has taken the lead more than once, which is pretty Pro-Town as well. He's slip up here and there, though. Nothing too worrisome.

4. Mido: (Refer to my thoughts above.)

5. Tristan: I put him last because he is the Innocent Child, but I still don't trust him entirely, though ;)

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
Why me at number 1 brah?

My thoughts pretty much mirror Toxic_Snowman's on the matter. You and Jamie seemed to swing off each other and agree a lot during the previous game day. I think you've been playing safer than Jamie did, but I also have an added suspicion from my own point of view because you suggested SMS investigate me right before Day 2 ended, which allowed a convenient lynch attempt to start on me for which I lacked any real rebuttal, since SMS died during the night, making me appear suspicious.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Why would two players as experienced as me and Jamie play buddy buddy if we were both scum? >.<

To address @Toxic_Snowman point as well, I don't recall backing up or supporting Jamie at all, except agreeing with his post about why we did not have a counterclaim doctor here:

I'm with Jamie on the topic that if we have another Doctor, they should/should have already claimed. Waiting and keeping it to themselves helps no one but scum. Waiting until LyLo or MyLo helps no one. I swear to God, if we get to a Mislynch or Lose situation and someone counter claims Doctor, I will vote to lynch that player. Its bad/scum play to confuse the town and counter at the end of the game. So if there is a counter, do it now.

Is this a post derived from scumminess, or from a logical stand point? Logic != scumminess.

I feel like we can agree though on Mido. I'll come back later with a line of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom