• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Lineages Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Role PMs and Mod Notes:
1. Pendio

Welcome to Mafia Lineages Pendio. You are a member of the House of the Owl. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Owl. The Owl is known to be the watcher and keeper of secrets at night.

[V] Vote: You may vote during the day in thread.

[A1] Watcher: Each night period you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn who else targeted that player in the same night. If more than one player targeted your target, you will only learn of one player, chosen at random. You will however not learn what action was done.

[A2] Cop: Each night period you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that player’s alignment.

You win when all opposing Houses are eliminated.

Please confirm in thread that you got and understand this PM. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
I thought the coupling of Watcher/Cop would be interesting. Both would be weakened as they would switch between them but on one hand you have strong TOWN/NOT TOWN reads as Cop, and subjective Watcher reads on the other hand.

2. Dekunut
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Deku nut. You are a member of the House of the Horse. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Horse. The horse is known to be a quick, and agile as well as beautiful.

[A1] Commuter: Once per night, you may PM that you wish to use this action. For this night, you will leave town. All actions against you will fail.

[A2] Virgin: If you are lynched during the day, or killed during the night, all night kills for the next night will be blocked.

Please confirm in thread that you got and understand this PM. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Commuter/Virgin. I thought this was interesting too. On one hand you have a passive role that activates on death, on the other you have the ability to save yourself at night. Too bad for Deku, his Virgin power was active on Night 1, rather than Commuter.

3. Storm
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Storm. You are a member of the House of the Shark. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Shark. The shark is a force to be reckon with, and is able to convey its authority. Led by the House of the Wolverine, you will reform this land in your own image. Your allied houses are the House of Wolverine (Kokirion) and the House of the Vulture (Toxic_Snowman). Your quicktopic is located here: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/uyxm9b2Dj9F

[A1] Strongman: You may use this power for a factional nightkill. You disable one layer of protection over the target kill.

[A2] Roleblocker: This night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s actions during the night will be blocked.

4. A Link in Time
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, A Link in Time. You are a member of the House of the Bull. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Bull. The Bull is known to be violent and one of the most determined and confident animals in nature.

[A1] Violent: When lynched, you may kill any other player with you. PM me during twilight of that day (or within 24 hours of your lynch) the name of the player or post it in thread.

[A2] Gladiator: You can choose to challenge another player to a fight to the death. During the day PM me or post in thread, in BOLD, that you issue a challenge to a targeted player. All votes are reset and only you and that player challenged are now votable.

I felt like Alit could have been a very weak Vig with these two roles. Using the second would have outed his role however, so I understand the caution. I felt his [A1], since it was too passive (needs to be lynched to activate), could have been paired with a strong [A2] as his [A2] was too situational as well, but I think for balance-sake it was fine. Too many killing roles would have been too much.

5. Malon
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Malon. You are a member of the House of the Falcon. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Falcon. The falcon is known to be a great predator, and a messenger for the Gods.

[A1] Tracker: Each night you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn who that player targeted, if anyone during the course of that night. You will not learn what was done, however.

[A2] Courier: Each night you may PM me the name of a player and a short 10 word or less message. I will then send that player that message. If the message is over 10 words, only the first 10 words will be sent. That player will not know you sent them that message, they will only receive the message. Your message may contain any information except your role.

6. Toxic Snowman
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Toxic_Snowman. You are a member of the House of the Vulture. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Vulture. The vulture is associated with vision, and resourcefulness as well as known to be a death eater. Led by the House of the Wolverine, you will reform this land in your own image. Your allied houses are the House of Wolverine (Kokirion) and the House of the Shark (Storm). Your quicktopic is located here: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/uyxm9b2Dj9F

[A1] Theme cop: You may PM me the name of a player. You will learn something about that player’s role as it pertains to the theme of the game.

[A2] Janitor: You may use this power for a factional nightkill. When you are sent for a nightkill, the target’s allegiance and role will not be shown in the day scene.

7. Jamie Sadia
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Sadia. You are a member of the House of the Wolf. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Wolf. The wolf is known to be incredibly loyal to its pack, and an excellent communicator.

[A1] Protector: You may target one player each night. That player will be protected from any night action against them, including a kill. If you are targeted for a night kill during this action, both you and your target will die. PM me the name of the player you wish to protect.

[A2] Neighbourizer: You may target one player each night. That player will become your ‘Neighbour’ during the next night period. You may chat with each other for the duration of the game, so long as each neighbor survives. You may have more than one neighbor, and each neighbor will be able to chat with the others.

8. Kokirion
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Kokirion. You are a member of the House of the Wolverine. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Wolverine. The wolverine is known to unpredictable, ferocious and uncompromising. You, along with the few houses loyal to you, will reform this land in your own image. Your allied houses are the House of Shark (Storm) and the House of the Vulture (Toxic_Snowman). Your quicktopic is located here: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/uyxm9b2Dj9F

[F] Factional Nightkill: Each night you must choose one target to kill. You must also choose a member of your group to perform that kill. That night, that member cannot use their own abilities. You may send yourself but your investigation immunity will be forfeit for said night.

[A] Investigation Immune: You are immune to all cop investigations

[A] Nightkill Immune: You are immune to nightkills.

Unlike other roles, Kokirion as GF always was Investigate and Nightkill Immune. He would never loose these two, even with a WEAK modifier.

9. LittleGumball
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, LittleGumball. You are a member of the House of the Scorpion. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Scorpion. The scorpion is known for its venomous stinger and defensive attitude.

[A1] Vigilante: During the night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be killed.

[A2] Paranoid Veteran: When you are targeted during the night, you will automatically kill the player who targeted you. If you are targeted by more than one player, you will kill the first player to target you following normal action resolution rules. If there is still a tie, the dead player will be chosen at random.

Probably one of the strongest roles in the game I realized now, and piloted by our own LG. Such a scary thought that one night LG can kill whoever she wants, and on another night, she'll kill anyone who targets her...
Must tone this down in the future, lol.

10. Johnny Sooshi
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Johnny Sooshi. You are a member of the House of the Lion. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Lion. The Lion is known to possess tremendous self-confidence, and is a leader among animals.

[A1] Doublevoter: During this day phase, you will have two votes. One vote will be your public vote, and will be used as your normal vote in thread. Your second vote will be PMed to me in the same fashion as your regular vote. You may use your secret vote for the same person you voted for in public, or someone else entirely. You unvote your secret vote by PM as well.

[A2] Leader, not a follower: You may not vote for a player if their lynch wagon contains more than 3 votes. This ability turns off if the game contains 6 or less players.

Tried to offset the ability to doublevote with the inability to vote on an already developed wagon.

11. Ver-go-a-go-go Soul Kirino
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Frozen Chosen. You are a member of the House of the Raven. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Raven. The raven is a master of secrets, but also very misunderstood.

[A1] Spy: You may PM me the name of one player. You will then receive a message, in keeping with the theme of the game, about something that player may be saying during their night action (if they have one) as it relates to their role.

[A2] Hated: You will be lynched with one less vote than majority (L-1). This includes Lylo and Mylo situations.

12. Mido Frozen Chosen
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Frozen Chosen. You are a member of the House of the Monkey. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Monkey. The monkey is known to be smart and versatile, as well as a troublemaker.

[A1] Universal Backup: You will take the active role of the first town player who is killed (whether it be lynch or nightkill). In the case of two players dying at the same time, it will be chosen for you at random.

[A2] Roleblocker: This night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s actions during the night will be blocked.

13. PokaLink
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, PokaLink. You are a member of the House of the Bear. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the Bear. The bear is known to be a symbol of health, and explosiveness in its authority over its sovereignty.

[A1] Doctor: Each night you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be protected from one night kill action.

[A2] Executioner: You may PM me, during the day period, the name of someone who has HALF of the required votes to be lynched (rounded up), and that person will be killed and the day will end.

Night Actions
Night 1

Mido RBs Storm (Slow)
LG vigs no one
Jamie protects no one (Weak)
Pendio Investigates Kokirion (TOWN) (Clumsy, succeeded)
PokaLink protects no one
Vergo spys on Alit (Slow, succeeded at end of Day 2)

Toxic kills Dekunut (Janitor) (Dexterous, learning nothing)
Storm Roleblocks Dekunut

Night 2
Jamie Nieghbourizes LittleGumball (Dimwitted, succeeded)
LG vigs Alit (Slow, succeeds at the end of Day 3)
Pendio investigated Jamie (TOWN) (clumsy, succeeded)
Frozen Chosen RBs Pendio and Jaime (Quick) (Roleblocked by Storm)
Vergo spies on no one (Quick)

Storm RBs Frozen Chosen/Mido (RBd by Mido from Night 1)
Storm kills Johnny (Virgin blocked)
Toxic role cops Alit (Clumsy, Failed, revealed to target)
Such a ridiculous night. Since Deku was the Town Virgin, the Mafia kill was blocked this night. LG's kill, since it was modified by 'Slow' was not blocked, and instead finished at the end of Day 3.
Mido's Night 1 'SLOW' roleblock of Storm came into effect on Night 2. This night, Storm RBs Mido as well. Also, Mido uses 'Quick' to block Pendio and Jamie but its blocked by Storm's RB. As per resolution rules, the RB-RB action occurs first and both are completely blocked, lucky for the town as LG is now neighbourized by Jamie/Sadia, and Pendio gets a TOWN read on Jamie/Sadia.

Night 3
Frozen Chosen Tracks Pendio (Smart, Failed)
LG vigs Toxic
Sadia protects LG (DIMWITTED, Failed)
Pendio Investigates LG (TOWN) (slow, succeeded at end of Day 4)

Kokirion kills Frozen Chosen
Toxic role cops Pendio
Another setback for Mafia here. LG vigs Toxic the same night he investigates for Pendio's role. With his death, the information that Pendio is actually is actually a Cop and Watcher dies with Toxic.

Night 4
LittleGumball Vigs Kokirion (Smart, succeeded)
Pendio watches no one (WEAK)
Kirino spies on Kokirion (Loud) (Dimwitted, succeeded)
Sadia neighbourizes no one (WEAK)

Kokirion kills Sadia (Failed, bulletproof/Strong modifier on Sadia)
Every townie with a role converged on Kokirion this night.

ModNotes:
I'm glad you guys all enjoyed the game. I wanted to do something interesting and strange and limit the 'bastard'ness. I felt like the RNG was great for abilities as you could not rely on being the Town Cop, or Town Vig for too long and had to actually investigate and play for more hints. To further decrease the power of the paired roles, I added the modifiers, which I believe were the bastard-est component of the game. I tried to keep them balanced, but some players got shafted by getting a lot of negative modifiers and other got more positive ones. Next time, I'd probably rework the modifiers, or leave them out entirely.
The ability switching and modifiers were only planned until Lylo/Mylo. At this point, no one would have any modifiers attached to their roles, and have no ability switching, effectively making everyone Vanilla. I wanted to do this to prevent a swingy ending. Imagine 3 players remain (1 mafia) and one player has WEAK (dies at L-1). Thankfully it never got there.
I chose the names as animal names as I felt it was indictive of the abilities but also very neutral. No one would automatically assume a wolverine is mafia godfather, or owl is a cop. I wanted to give player the ability to role claim, but have that claim do almost nothing. I think next time I'll also give scum fake claims. Should make things funner.
Thanks for playing, below are the QTs.

Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/uyxm9b2Dj9F
Neighbour QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/JNrzsLHKZUU

Viral Maze's 3 Stars:
- LittleGumball
- Kokirion
- Pendio/Sadia

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
This was such a fun game! GG everyone! And thanks for modding, Viral! ^^

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through those two QTs. :) Kirion's plot to use Storm to frame me was indeed clever. You nearly had me too! Not quite though. :P Being in that WIFOM situation was pretty annoying lol, but I'm glad I was able to get out of it.

Also, it's pretty funny, even though I was both a Cop and a Watcher, I only ever got to use my Cop ability, so I felt like just a regular Cop (which was nice since Cop is actually the only standard role that I'd never had in a ZD Mafia game before this one). :D

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Raj what are the slow/quick modifiers? I'm confused why an RB would work on a quicker RB (since wouldn't the action already be finished?) And a slow RB can't be RB'D (since wouldn't there be even more time to RB it?)

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Here's the link to the excel file: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8C208A096EDB0C29!1680&authkey=!AJOnyHQdwpZ7FP0&ithint=file,xlsx
It includes each player's active abilities and modifiers each day, as well as the fraction chance of each modifier. Ignore the numbers on LGs table for Day 4. Each value became a decimal so I just left the integer values as is.

Raj what are the slow/quick modifiers? I'm confused why an RB would work on a quicker RB (since wouldn't the action already be finished?) And a slow RB can't be RB'D (since wouldn't there be even more time to RB it?)

Don't confuse slow and quick for their IRL definitions. Slow for the game just means the action is resolved at a later time (a day late, or during the next night). Quick just means the person gets a 2 shot.

Even though a slow RB is resolved at a later phase (day or night), it still follows the same resolution rules laid out in the OP. Slow pretty much, in the case of the game, means that on Night X, you choose your target for Night X+1 (and still retain your regular action for Night X+1, as normal). The action still follows the normal resolution rules for that Night X+1. Hope that made sense.

Good game. I tried helping out but I almost messed it all up :B Having three roleblockes in one night was too tempting.

Mido had a good call on Storm from the beginning so kudos to him for role blocking.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Yesterday I had a plan to draw the nightkill. I thought about fakeclaiming Oracle to draw the kill so I could shoot back but it turns out it wasn't necessary I guess. I was almost hoping for another shot at it lol. tbh I'm actually really disappointed I didn't get to use my PGO ability.

I also tried to play a bit scummy from the beginning so that scum would LEAVE ME ALONE in the early nights. :)

I guess I redeemed myself from my LOTR shame. Turns out I can't be half bad as vig :sonic:

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
#bestfakeclaim2k16

This was a fun game to watch for sure, wish I could've gotten a chance to play. Oh well. Everybody played well, and Koko, that SK claim made me laugh XD
well, lol, it was a really impulsive claim. I thought I was already done for. Kirino's evidence, Gumballs evidence, AND if I would claim Pendio would say I'm lying because he probably already investigated me. Xd My SK claim was really like Oh wow, you know... I still have oneeeeee ace left : >

Pen

The game is on!
What made me be so much on your side this game, @kokirion, was because I investigated you night 1 and got a "Town" result. If it hadn't been for that I would have probably been on your case much more than I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom