• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Lineages Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
MLSpalsh.jpg

Welcome to Mafia Lineages!

General Rules
- Do not reveal your roles outside of the thread. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game.
- You may only post in the Day period.
- Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote; Please post these in BOLD
- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Mafia member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is Mafia because that information may end up in the hands of the Townies.
- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT DELETE YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be ModKilled. Same goes for deleting posts.
- You may not post any information (quotes or screencaps or allusions) that relates to anything outside of the thread itself. So no evidence using the "Who's Online" or Shoutbox.
- You may roleclaim at any point in the game, but you may not copy paste or screen cap the role PM sent to you. You may only paraphrase it in your own words. Be warned though, role and name claiming is especially dangerous.
- One roleclaim per day (fake or not). Any number of counter claims allowed. Any number of name claims allowed.
- Soft claiming is allowed.
- Do not talk about this game outside of the designated area(s), aka the game thread and/or Quicktopics that I have provided.
- If you refer to me, please bold my name. Makes it easier to see.
- You may not copy/past, or post any PMs I send you (including the role PM) word for word. They MUST be paraphrased/stated in your own words.
- If the day ends with no majority, the player with the most votes will be lynched as long as it is higher than or equal to half majority (rounded up). Ex: Player count is 13, majority is 7, at deadline the player with most votes at 4 or above is lynched.
- If there is a tie for votes at deadline, or the votes are under half majority, there will be a No Lynch.
- You may ask for an Extension. Just bold my name and ask (no need to vote: Extension).
- 3 posts minimum required per day after Day 1, or player will replaced. Exceptions can be made.

Game Specific Rules
- You all have two role abilities designated as [A1] and [A2] in your role PM. These role abilities will only be active one at a time for the specific Day and Night period they are active for. This is random. You will be PMd before the start of each day to inform you of which ability is active for the next Day and Night phase. (If [A1] is active, it is active for Day 1 and Night 2. Before Day 2, you will receive another PM stating which ability is active for Day 2 and Night 2).
- If you do not have an ability in the pattern of [A1] or [A2], but rather just [A], that ability is active every day and night period.
- Before each day you will also be PMd which modifiers are attached to your role and ability for that specific day/night period. The list of modifiers is stated below.

Trait Modifiers
Negative Traits
Dimwitted – 50% chance of action failure.
Weak – Lose ability for the night.
Sickly – Die at L-1.
Clumsy – 50% chance of failing action. If failed, 25% chance of revealing yourself to target.
Slow – Each Night action finishes being performed the next day when a player is hammered (or at deadline).
Loud – Reveals yourself to your target, but not what action was done. Action succeeds, however.

Positive Traits
Smart – Gain both your abilities this night. Your active ability has a 100% of succeeding, and your secondary ability has a 50% chance.
Strong – 1 shot Bulletproof.
Hearty – Lynch at L+1.
Dexterous – 20% chance of seeing who also targeted your target.
Quick – Gain a 2 shot action in the same night. Both submitted at the same time. Forgo your next night action.
Silent – Cannot be Roleblocked.

Mechanics
- Each traits starts off equal chance to be selected (1/12 or 10/120 as it will be referred to below to avoid decimals).
- Each Day phase, 2 random traits are assigned. When a trait is assigned, it gains a +5/120 chance of being reassigned. Each other trait unselected that round loses a 1/120 chance. Increase only goes up to +10/120 max giving each trait the base 10/120 plus additional 10/120 to get 20/120, or 1/6 chance.
- During each Day phase, there is a 1/15 chance a mutation will occur where trait will mutate into another one (selected randomly, and at an equal percentage chance, regardless of its current % chance). This occurs for both traits. The mutation will then recieve all benefits and increases to it's % chance as normal.
- In the event of receiving two conflicting traits, such as sickly and hearty, the dominant trait (the one which overrides the other) will be chosen by whichever the highest % chance attached to it. If a tie, it will be chosen at random (weighted equally).
- Each Day Phase each player has a 50% chance to alternate to their next role ability. Each role ability, [A1] and [A2] are weighted equally (50-50) every day, no matter what was chosen before.

Night Action Resolution Rules
- Priority given to roleblockers. Roleblocking is the first action to resolve. In the case of a roleblocker targeting another roleblocker, the RB-RB action has priority one. RB-other action is priority two.
- Protection actions are second.
- Night kills are performed third. Night kills cannot be stopped by other night kills. All kills happen simultaneously.
- All other night actions occur simultaneously last.
- Each layer of defence from a protection role or modifier only blocks one night kill.

Sample PM
Welcome to Mafia Lineages, Viral Maze. You are a member of the House of the Doggy Dog. Your lineage, like your animal sigil represents the common house dog. The dog is known to be incredibly chill, and outgoing.

[V] Vote: You may vote during the day in thread.

[A1] Man's Best Friend: You cannot be lynched.

[A2] Dogg, dawg or just plan dog?: During the day phase, you smoke a spliff with Snoop Dog and are too high to post or vote. Doing so will result in a modkill.

You win when all opposing Houses are eliminated.

Please confirm in thread that you got and understand this PM. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

All those with GREEN TEXT are town, ORANGE TEXT are 3rd party and those with RED TEXT are mafia.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Peace was a distant memory for the denizens of The Land. For aeons, a war waged in the shadows pitting House against House, brother against brother and friends against friends. Moved by the plight of the innocent, the Lord of the Land sent a messenger to The People.
This messenger was a fabled Moderator by the name of Viral Maze. Awestruck, and intrigued, the people of The Land turned to Viral Maze in their darkest hour.
"Help us!", "Save us!", they asked.
Viral Maze told them about a secret ritual practised ages ago. The ritual of The Game. Viral Maze explained the rules, and asked for each of the greatest Houses of the lands to send their champion. Each phase would last a generation in the lives of men, between which Viral Maze would leave the group unsupervised. The complications of mortals and their problems would take a toll on Viral Maze, he explained, and the Houses of the land would be left their devices during this time as he rested for a few dozen years.
The great lineages of The Land selected their House Champions and were given codenames to hide their true identities.
The Game was afoot. Evil lurked in the shadows for aeons, and Viral Maze promised to help should The People of The Land be cunning enough to discover which lineages and Houses work to support Creation, and which seek to corrupt it.

Players

1. Pendio
2. Dekunut
3. Storm
4. A Link in Time
5. Malon
6. Toxic Snowman
7. Jamie Sadia
8. Kokirion
9. LittleGumball
10. Johnny Sooshi
11. Ver-go-a-go-go Soul Kirino
12. Mido Frozen Chosen
13. PokaLink

Replacements:
Tristan
Soul

Day 1 Begins!

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day 1 will end Sunday, May 1st, 11:59pm EST.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Modnote: You should all receive new sets of PMs before the start of each Day phase about your abilities and modifiers. If you haven't received one for today, or don't receive one later down the line for Day 2/3 etc, PM me!

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Howdy, my friendly pally buddy chum amigos! Isn't this a most wonderful day in the land of The Land? Boy, I sure do hope we can rebuild The Land, and stop those evil Houses from taking over!

fiRSt

vote: lg
Man, you beat me to it...

Guess I'll never live out my dreams of being first... :kawaii:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom