• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia E: GAHH! WEREWOLVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel

be vigitant
With the blue aura, maybe it means that the mafia can see/know what the night actions were? And the Inventor role, according to Mafia Wiki, gives out gadgets or one-use powers. Link.

---
I'm pretty suspicious of Pendio, mainly because of his list (post 303, here). He didn't really respond to Raindrop's posts or comment on the possibility that she is townie, especially a townie power role. Calling her 'scummy' is kind of vague and doesn't really indicate what you think about her in particular, at least in my opinion. Pendio was pretty vague with most of his list. Several people said that Raindrop was 'scummy' and that was her meta, and considering Pendio voted for her, and because he made a list of possible scum, I think he should have expanded more. Pendio also said that Rainy's scummy behavior is not really important, so why vote for her?

It seems to me that Pendio made that list to make himself look like a townie. Maybe he's Mafia and he didn't want to comment on the possibility that Raindrop has a townie power role. He could also be trying to make his scumbuddies look like townies and for non mafia to look like mafia. If Pendio is mafia, it's possible that Xinnamin and/or Hero of Time are Mafia, too. He might have thrown in another scum into the mafia list as well.

Erebea, Josh and A Link In Time are definitely on the top of my scum list right now. I'm pretty sure at least one of them is scum... All of them seemed to cast their votes on Dracomajora pretty carelessly too.

I think voting for somebody because they have "scummy behavior in general, though that's not necessarily important" is pretty weak, especially since people should have been especially careful when they voted because each vote counted for double. The mafia would want to capitalize on that for a lynch on a potential power role, so they'd be eager to jump on a bandwagon.

Vote: Pendio

Pen

The game is on!
Hey guys, I've got some big news for you today (and Rachel, you might want to remove your vote from me after you've read this)!

So, I'm going to role claim now (and I know role claims are not necessarily to be trusted, but you've got to believe me on this one). I am the Village Role Cop (the role I took over after Austin). My ability is roughly this: One night I can target a player and learn a huge amount of information about this particular player's role. However, as I said, I can only use my ability one time throughout the entire game. Apparently Austin hadn't used the ability before I replaced him so I used it tonight, on Thareous.

I learned that Thareous is the Alpha Werewolf (I'm guessing that's the Godfather role in this game). And it turns out the Mafia were given these three fake claims: the Hated Villager, the Village Coroner and the Village Virgin.

I know I'm exposing myself to the Mafia now, but I'm doing this for the town's sake. If you should choose to follow me today I can assure you we'll get one step closer to victory. If you should choose not, you'll regret it (unless you're Mafia yourself of course).

Vote: Thareous

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'm slightly hesitant here, mostly cus Godfather is often investigation immune. There's also the nighttime blue aura. The fact that the mafia's target was apparently changed makes me believe it was a global nightrole redirect. However, the wording makes me think there is a possibility that going about their tasks "confidently" might be a night protection bypass. If it's the former, I call bs on this roleclaim. If it's the latter, then we may be onto something. Point being, it's a very very alluring roleclaim, almost too alluring, and there's a lot of holes to account for.

So, question, Pendio, why did you target Thareous, and why tonight?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Well, this is inexpressibly befuddling. :/

I learned that Thareous is the Alpha Werewolf (I'm guessing that's the Godfather role in this game). And it turns out the Mafia were given these three fake claims: the Hated Villager, the Village Coroner and the Village Virgin.

In every single Mafia game I've been in, the Godfather has always been investigation-immune. Always. There isn't a game, whether I participated or not, where I know of the Godfather being open to investigation. So if this has happened before, someone feel free to correct me. Nevertheless, I do find it interesting that Pendio opted to use his power on the same Night as this global NK redirect thingy. I don't know if this also affected investigation abilities―given Viral's nontraditional gameplay setup―but I find it extremely likely that when he targeted me, I somehow got Alpha Werewolf. Assuming that Pendio is right, that is. You know, just to shake things up.

Lol, Village Virgin. If I was Mafia, I would've totally used that one myself.

Yes, I'd like to know this as well. >_>

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
lol

Rachel steps in to shoot down Pendio and slam him for reverse psychology-muddying the waters for actual town members while he's actually mafia and then Pendio steps in claiming he's town. And not just any townie but the town cop.

With only one mafia member lynched in a game that likely has four, three of the remaining ten players are scum and one is the Dreaming God. It's best to stay cautious. A slip could cost the town the game.

While I have yet to see a game where the Godfather is able to be investigated, it's possible Viral made the Alpha Werewolf bulletproof. A snippet from the Mafia Wiki:

In games with multiple killers, instead of appearing innocent on Cop reports, the Godfather may be Bulletproof instead; they will appear guilty on Cop reports as normal, but cannot be killed at Night. (This has also been called Mafia Tough Guy.)

I'd like to believe Pendio. Last time someone stepped forth to roleclaim in Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood Mafia, we were right to trust them. Perhaps we should arrange a mass roleclaim once more to weed out the mafia? If Viral allows obviously.

I'm not suspicious of Rachel because she posted before Pendio's major post but Xinnamin seems quick to defend Thareous.

FoS: Thareous, Xinnamin

Pen

The game is on!
I understand your concerns. But please, trust me. I know Thareous is a werewolf. Oh, and ALIT, I'm not the Cop, I'm the Role Cop (maybe there's someone else with the regular Cop role...).

Well, as I said yesterday I thought Thareous was likely to be scum (I had him on my scum list). However, it was mostly just a hunch (though I knew Thareous had tried to protect Zenox on day one, and I guess that raised my suspicion a little). I chose to investigate tonight simply because I had suspicions, and because I wanted to use my ability before I died.

Besides, I don't actually think the blue aura effected my investigation. You see, after I had targeted Thareous, the message I received told me clearly that Thareous[/B] is the Alpha Werewolf. Not that my target (or anything like that) is the Alpha Werewolf.

Also, the Alpha Werewolf isn't necessarily the Godfather. That was just a guess of mine, so you shouldn't consider it official.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
Sorry about the confusion, Pendio. If you're the role cop, then there probably is a regular cop as well.

For reference, here is Thareous's first post in the game thread.

Even after we have reasonable suspicions about Zenox, Thareous questioned Wyatt's motives.

Vote: Thareous

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I'm not suspicious of Rachel because she posted before Pendio's major post but Xinnamin seems quick to defend Thareous.

FoS: Thareous, Xinnamin

Looks to me like you're pretty quick to collaborate with Pendio yourself.

Sorry about the confusion, Pendio. If you're the role cop, then there probably is a regular cop as well.

For reference, here is Thareous's first post in the game thread.

Even after we have reasonable suspicions about Zenox, Thareous questioned Wyatt's motives.

It was late when I got in that night―you can tell by the timestamps―so perhaps I wasn't as focused as I should have been. It's very rare that I actually vote on Day 1 in any game, though, because as I said two posts down from the linked reply, I don't want a mislynch. Yeah, it turned out that Zenox was wolfscum, but Wyatt's logic simply didn't make sense to me at the time. And on that note, I wasn't questioning Kybyrian's motives; just didn't understand his grounds.

Aside from all that, I'm getting a hunch that Alit and Pendio are working together to frame me. As if out of nowhere, Pendio arrives and starts claiming that he has an investigative ability, and that he used it on me. Alit follows that up by saying that he trusts Pendio, citing from another game (rather ambiguously, I might add), and then accuses Xinn of defending me, which she wasn't. Later on he posts a link from Day 1 and begins building a story around that. All this adds up as evidence pointing toward a cooperative effort [not to mention a carefully designed scheme] to push a swift lynch on me. I must have been their target last night, but the redirect struck Lord Death in my place.

Vote: A Link In Time

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
While I have yet to see a game where the Godfather is able to be investigated, it's possible Viral made the Alpha Werewolf bulletproof. A snippet from the Mafia Wiki:
You do realize, in the very snippet you quoted, it states in a game with multiple killers. I see no evidence of a nightkill role in this game besides the mafia, unless roleblockers were just super lucky two nights in a row. Most games, even with multiple killers, Godfather is investigation immune, which is one reason the role cop claim looked fishy to me.

You're going to have to explain to me how pointing out holes in Pendio's role claim, such as typical Godfather immunity and evidence of Dreaming God redirect, is a defending Thareous. You said yourself, one mistake could be very costly. I just want to make sure we have all the bases covered before we go through with something big.

Well, as I said yesterday I thought Thareous was likely to be scum (I had him on my scum list). However, it was mostly just a hunch (though I knew Thareous had tried to protect Zenox on day one, and I guess that raised my suspicion a little). I chose to investigate tonight simply because I had suspicions, and because I wanted to use my ability before I died.
There were other people on your list that you had more reasons to suspect than Thareous, who as you said was just a hunch. So why Thareous and not say, Josh or ALIT.

Besides, I don't actually think the blue aura effected my investigation. You see, after I had targeted Thareous, the message I received told me clearly that Thareous[/B] is the Alpha Werewolf. Not that my target (or anything like that) is the Alpha Werewolf.

Also, the Alpha Werewolf isn't necessarily the Godfather. That was just a guess of mine, so you shouldn't consider it official.
The alpha in a wolf pack is the head of his pack by definition. If it's not godfather idk what it would be.
Still not sold on this. I mean, the blue aura granted "confidence" in regards to nightroles. It would make perfect sense if that meant night-protection penetration that allowed investigation to turn back positive on even the Godfather, and the mafia redirect was just because of a townie redirector. However, the mafia's target switch was still written in blue, making it seem like the blue aura caused the redirect. It also feels like the chances of both the role cop getting the godfather and the redirector getting the mafia (presumably the godfather as well) on the same night is small.

And once again Dreaming God makes everything all screwy. My head hurts :<

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Perhaps we should arrange a mass roleclaim once more to weed out the mafia? If Viral allows obviously.

Feel free to mass claim. Just remember, no quoting or posting PMs word for word.

-----

Vote Tally:

Pendio: 1 (Rachel)
Thareous: 2 (Pendio, ALiT)
A Link in Time: 1 (Thareous)

No Votes Cast: 6 (Erebea, Xinnamin, DracoMajora, Josh, Hero of Time, Keeseman)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
In a nutshell, I understand why you doubt Pendio’s logic. He’s been playing low this entire game and suddenly appears with a major point. This was his strategy in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Mafia, however. In Mafia D, on the other hand, where he actually was mafia, Pendio never raised suspicions towards himself avoiding bandwagons and any other activity which may have raised an eyebrow.

Also, why would I vote for a direct town lynch so early if I was mafia? That’s a beginner’s blunder. Successful scum remain as inconspicuous as possible sometimes refraining from voting.

Xinn, I understand your hesitancy. With 10 remaining in this game, three are likely mafia and one the dreaming god. It’s not safe to trust anyone so late in the game. Speaking of the dreaming god, I’m befuddled by last night’s blue aura. It made the townies more “reckless” which leads to me believe the dreaming god didn’t prevent all night roleblocks. At least that’s not my interpretation of recklessness.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
In a nutshell, I understand why you doubt Pendio’s logic. He’s been playing low this entire game and suddenly appears with a major point. This was his strategy in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Mafia, however. In Mafia D, on the other hand, where he actually was mafia, Pendio never raised suspicions towards himself avoiding bandwagons and any other activity which may have raised an eyebrow.

Why are you speaking for Pendio? Again I can't help but think that you two are teaming up on me. There's a difference between absolutely agreeing with someone and collaborating with them, and you two seem to be trying to cover each other's backs. He's not even in any grave danger right now; so why the need to respond in Pendio's place?

Also, why would I vote for a direct town lynch so early if I was mafia? That’s a beginner’s blunder. Successful scum remain as inconspicuous as possible sometimes refraining from voting.

You should wonder why you're voting for Town at all...

...Unless of course this was your plan from the beginning, and all the posts between you and Pendio are evidenced by that. Whether or not this is actually true, I've never seen you have a Godfather role yet, so you could have easily tried to lynch me without me knowing what you were. As a matter of fact, it's funny that you should mention Mafia D, because thinking on it you're not much different now than then. Especially today...

I'm not sure whether or not to trust Pendio's claim. At first glance it seems legit, but:

1. He could easily be lying (though I'm not sure why he would create such an elaborate lie to lynch a townie)
2. Since the night scene said people went about their activities "almost recklessly," Pendio's investigation could've been redirected to someone else but Thareous got framed (much more likely)

I'd like to see both Pendio and Thareous defend themselves a bit more before I take a stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom