• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia E: GAHH! WEREWOLVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Vote: Jerry Seinfeld
Just look at that face of his, that happy go lucky "hey man I gots nothing to hide" face, I don't buy it for a second!

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Changed my mind. I'm back at Zenox again...

Vote: Zenox

Zenox said:
RVS stage is pretty :cucco: over. If you're going to continue to make a mockery of this game, then I don't think you're doing the town any good by being here.

VOTE: Hero of Time

After so much talk about how the "I'm voting for player X because they're inactive/detrimental to the town" strategy is pointless in the end, I find it odd that you would vote for HoT here. You had 4 out of an 8 majority vote against you and yet you voted for HoT. Why? To divert attention?

Zenox said:
Hero of Time said:
With only 15 people in the game, a Day 1 lynch isn't a good idea, in my opinion.

At this point in the day, I completely agree.

Also my vote was just to make sure you knew we were having real discussions. ;) I don't really think you're scum.

Well of course you're against a lynch on Day 1... You're the one closest to being lynched lol! And I'm not too sure about that last part. Was that just a fake vote? It seemed pretty serious to me. But once HoT backed off of you, you backed off of him, because you can't lead a lynch against a person with no suspicions against them or who isn't bandwagoning. You made an odd move and then resorted to basically saying, "It was only a test. I wasn't serious."

That's pretty shady to me, and shouldn't be overlooked. Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but combined with everything else, I feel that right now you are the most likely to be scum.

Going further, I don't see the point in not lynching today... Let's say night comes, and (hypothetically) Zenox and co. are debating on who to NK. They would just kill a good player who wasn't openly suspicious of any of the mafia members! Killing anyone else would give us a lead where we would just look to see who the killed player was suspicious of and put pressure on that person. But in reality, come Day 2, we would have no leads and be down a good asset...

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Vote Tally:

Zenox: 3 (Kybyrian, PK Flash, Lord Death)
PK Flash: 1 (Josh)
Viral Maze: 1 (Rachel)

No Vote Cast: 10 (Austin, ALiT, Xinnamin, DracoMajora, Thareous, Erebea, Keeseman, Raindrop14, Hero of Time, Zenox)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

Viral Maze, are we allowed to vote for a No Lynch in this game?

Yezzir, indeed you are!

I should add that to the rules...

Also, added a rule that I should have mentioned earlier. In the case of the day ending without a majority vote on someone, the day will end with a no-lynch. So even if someone has 5/6 votes needed to be lynched, at deadline it will be a no-lynch.

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
Going further, I don't see the point in not lynching today... Let's say night comes, and (hypothetically) Zenox and co. are debating on who to NK. They would just kill a good player who wasn't openly suspicious of any of the mafia members! Killing anyone else would give us a lead where we would just look to see who the killed player was suspicious of and put pressure on that person. But in reality, come Day 2, we would have no leads and be down a good asset...

Prior to your analysis of Zenox's vote for HoT, I would have argued that the evidence against Zenox was flimsy at best. Yes, we will likely end up with a dead townie come tomorrow morning, but if we're wrong about Zenox we'll have two dead townies instead of one. However, your interpretations of his voting patterns does a bit more to bulk up that evidence. I'm not quite confident enough to vote yet, just because Day 1-stigma and all (contrary to what others may say, this is not the sign of a novice, it's a perfectly rational tactic.), but I may change my mind in the near future.

FoS: Zenox

EBWODP

asdfasdf Raj changing rules and editing his posts before I can read it... I'll come back to that. That could change things.

Questioning whether we even have enough active people to reach a majority. Also, Viral, when is the deadline? I don't think you've mentioned it and I doin't feel like flipping through the thread to see if you actually did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I think I may have mentioned it in the OP that depending on how active the discussion is after 5 (IRL) days, I will set a deadline. As of right now, you still have a few days before I finalize a deadline.

I might change that for Day 2. I'm sort of seeing what works and what doesn't at the moment.

Austin

Austin
Understood. There's no rush for a majority then, and thus, I will hold my vote for the time being. Going to do some original research in the meantime.

Just glanced over what happened recently and LD I did see your massive post on me and I'll get back to that as soon as I can, but I have to run off to night school (give me about 3 hours to reply) before I do though

VOTE: No Lynch

Reason: I think I understood what Wyatt was saying. In addition to the massacre that was Mafia D (which started off voting off Pokalink, giving the mafia some momentum) I don't find anyone really even remotely suspicious. I think lynching no one at this point is better than accidentally lynching a townie and swinging the game a bit in the Mafia's favor.

Again, wish I could take the time to defend LD's post now, but I can't sorry.

Kybyrian

The main reason I don't like the idea of a no lynch today is because, well, I legitimately think I'm onto something here. But also taking that into account... no lynches provide the mafia with a free kill for the night. Also, Raj likes to mix things up in his games. He's a veteran player with a lot of unique ideas (if some of you couldn't tell by his skype plans...), so I wouldn't put it past him to exclude even a vigilante in this game in favor of some more unique town roles and giving absolutely everybody a power role (which you hear of a lot in advanced set-up mafia games, especially small ones like this). Heading into the night period with a no lynch gives the mafia a free kill, and who knows what else? They could have a role cop for all we know; that's definitely not unheard of in games like this.

My vote stands.

Okay time for my rebuttal. Knowing Wyatt, nothing I tell him will change his mind so I'm not going to respond to his posts. Not to mention I've basically said something on everything he's still talking about. Feel free to go back and read those if you care enough.

This is really for Lord Death. PK, I can't tell if your vote for me was a joke or not. If it was, please unvote for my sake. If not, please clarify so I can defend.

Now onto my responses.

After so much talk about how the "I'm voting for player X because they're inactive/detrimental to the town" strategy is pointless in the end, I find it odd that you would vote for HoT here. You had 4 out of an 8 majority vote against you and yet you voted for HoT. Why? To divert attention?

No, I unvoted Wyatt because I was suspicious of him, but I didn't feel confident he was scum. My vote for HoT was really a strategy, or at least a statement. While most of us were taking this game seriously at this point, HoT was obnoxiously joking around, throwing votes at me for seemingly no reason. I figured my vote would either get him to take the game more seriously, or give me a reason to keep my vote on him (in the case that he continued to joke, which he didn't, which is why I unvoted)

Well of course you're against a lynch on Day 1... You're the one closest to being lynched lol!

Even if I wasn't, Wyatt's reasonings for being suspicious for me didn't make a lot of sense, but after Josh's post saying he thought a no-lynch was better than hitting town, it started to make sense. Hypothetically, if there were no votes on me, I'd still have the same opinion on the matter. :/

Kybyrian

Zenox said:
Not to mention I've basically said something on everything he's still talking about. Feel free to go back and read those if you care enough.

mfw you haven't and you're only saying this to make people believe you're adequately defending yourself.

Austin

Austin

I'm not buying it. I looked it up, this is actually the first game where Zenox has been Mafia, and his playstyle is entirely different. By now I expect name calling and insults to our intelligence, not a calm, if not unconvincing, rebuttal. I actually find this meta to be imitating my own from the last game where I was the Godfather. Smells really bad from here.

I'm going to hate myself for it I know, but I have nothing on PK, so

Unvote

and

because I have nothing else to go on and I don't agree with the no lynch concept.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm just going to random vote now, because it's all going back and forth, and I'm not sure who is scum or not at all. :\

Vote: Thareous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom