• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Well, not only have you already contradicted yourself between posts, but you have contradicted yourself in the same post. Already.

I'll leave it up to others to see. As this early it would be easy to cover yourself, and I think these mistakes may have been significant. Though, if you can find yourself and and explain, more power to you. My vote was not random, despite what you may think, and possibly the other two votes on your weren't either.

EBWODP: Sorry, I meant to say that one of them may have not been random. I believe the first one clearly said it was RVS(?).

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw that. Please explain, HoM.

I missed it too, but I don't see why he feels the need to role claim this early on when there is no real pressure being applied to him at this moment in time, so yeah, an explanation is in order here, although I've created one myself. If I'm correct in assuming that he has the role that I believe he has, being the Grave Digger role (which is very likely with the way he worded that post), then it seems like a good candidate to be a fake claim for one a Mafia to have. This is because by claiming this role, he is able to trick anyone one with a role such as Cop into believing that he is actually just a Townie who's alignment is returned as being Mafia due to his role, when in fact it's returning as being Mafia because that's what he really is.

Vote: Hero of Music

David

But you called me here...
Imma just tell you to look at the Leet Four section of my post and see what you can find. If you can't figure it out and would like me to Explain more, I will.

Also, I am not a grave digger. If I were, I wouldn't have done what I did. I just wanted to get my role out there. But, it isn't that important, so you don't have to worry about it now.

Also, fos Axle.

Here is some contradiction in his posts...

Nicole

luke is my wife
Unvote

But Jo still had better get in here.

Vote: MasterKokiri9

EBWODP

I just re-read the intro, and yeah, I dun goofed. So as far as third party roles terrorizing the town...

I-dunno-lol.jpg

I still think that either Red or Silver (definitely not both) would be a Survivor.

I totally should've put that pic in spoiler tags... =(

By the way, I know nothing about Pokemon, so narrowing down names/roles that could have been included in the game won't be my strong suit this time around.

Meego said:
Now I am turning my attention to Nicole. (Yes, that's you, SoL)
You're not really doing much in favour of the town, you just seem to be trolling. Lucky for you, others are too.

b'awww

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Anyway, I was thinking about possible roles that Kyby would use for this game and about particular characters he would use.

This following post uses only Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I am using those games only as Kyby said "As far as the Johto Region." Plus, if we include every game, there would be WAY too many different possibilities of characters and roles that Kyby could have experimented with.

So, what do you guys think? Any other characters that we could add to this list? I'll probably keep doing some digging on what other roles there are in the game and what other characters Kyby would choose. hidden roleclaim ftw

EBWODP:

Uh... I forgot the 3rd party. No ideas as to who that might be yet, but I'll keep thinking about it.

I don't get the roleclaim part. I don't see you roleclaiming, but it is hidden. But I think it was stated here. Why would you roleclaim now?

Everytime I see that "Ninten*" I think it's an asterisk and I'll see a disclaimer below. I hate you for that, Ninten*. If I had a good reason to vote for you like I do Axle, I'd switch on you in a heartbeat. (lol :P)

heheheheh, so your planning to lynch me just because the asterisk bothers you? Maybe I should add a second asterisk. But what's your reason to vote for Axle? It was an RVS.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I don't get the roleclaim part. I don't see you roleclaiming, but it is hidden. But I think it was stated here. Why would you roleclaim now?

heheheheh, so your planning to lynch me just because the asterisk bothers you? Maybe I should add a second asterisk. But what's your reason to vote for Axle? It was an RVS.

Justeazy said it wasn't an RVS and must have found something in Axle's post but she said she won't reveal it yet.

Imma just tell you to look at the Leet Four section of my post and see what you can find. If you can't figure it out and would like me to Explain more, I will.

Also, I am not a grave digger. If I were, I wouldn't have done what I did. I just wanted to get my role out there. But, it isn't that important, so you don't have to worry about it now.

Also, fos Axle.

Here is some contradiction in his posts...

So are you claiming Elite 4?

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I don't understand why people even want to roleclaim this soon, it seems a bit to pointless for mafia to do that, but I don't really see why town would do that either

finally this game is going somewhere, first 3 pages where only about "the always returning RVS discussion".. I'm going to read the pages very well, tomorrow I'll post my thoughts about this

no one RVS'd me.. >.< what a pity

Oh the old "I have my reasons" gambit from Justeazy. The possibilities are as follows:
  • Justeazy is too lazy to post reasons now
  • Justeazy has no reason to be suspicious, but wants Axman out of the game
  • Justeazy has some mild suspicions" that (s)he wishes to confirm later

Vote: Justeazy

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Man that was a bit of a read, remind me not to be doing something the night a mafia game starts again xD

Anyways, for now I can really only FOS: Justeazy, and HoM.

Would like an explaination as to why HoM claimed so soon without any voting pressure.

And I hate the "I have my reasons, but I can't be bothered to share them." sort of deal Justeazy's doing. Explaining a bit, even a little helps us all see where you're coming from.

Not enough info here for me to do a solid vote yet, but I would like these answered to give me a better idea of things.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Everytime I see that "Ninten*" I think it's an asterisk and I'll see a disclaimer below. I hate you for that, Ninten*. If I had a good reason to vote for you like I do Axle, I'd switch on you in a heartbeat. (lol :P)

Yay some one agreed with me xD Lets lynch 'm and make him change the deadly one asterisk thingy o.o

... Gawd im brain dead. I cannot think of any 3rd party characters x.x if its just the kanto/johot region it could mean these games...

Red/Blue/Yellow
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Heartgold/Soulsilver
Fire red/ Leaf Green

But to be honest I think Red would be a 3rd party type. I mean he did steal a pokemon, he does kind of terroize people and beat them to a pulp.

Also hidden role claims... are annoying e.e

but i have skimmed it pretty fast so I don't know much-ish. But i Have no real suspicions YET. As long as no one claims miller right of the bat. Im good :P

EBWODP

Also, lets think of roles in the "Saffron City" Region, since the thing is taking place there.

EDBWODP

Hmm as for roles, I could se Sabrina as a Sensor type role :P Umm maybe a Back up Doctor or a Nurse?? maybe a thief.... OR a mimicing role do to the Copycat Girl. Soo im beting that the Copycat girl is a part of it and has some mimic role.... unless shes gone since its in the Johto arc so maybe not.

I also feel like Sabina's child(from the anime) may be involved and be a like an innocent child role.

Also the main character(the one you start off with) I think may be a Hero role. Make since, since he does like save everyone.

thats all i can think of that is in SAffron city

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
If there's a cop, it'd be more likely to be a name one. Unless he's not excluding roles he hates, but somehow I doubt it. So I think that supports MK9's assessment of there being a Survivor, since there won't be a Jester.

I've actually never heard of a Role or Name Cop. In my experience off-site, most cops just get the alignment of the character, not their name or Role, so yeah. Thief works similarly, but you only get an item relating to the character: therefore, you'd be on your own trying to figure out whether or not one would be Mafia, Town, or Third Party. Granted, if you know the theme/have access to a good Wiki, it would be a cakewalk finding out who is who. As far as how there being a Name Cop supports my belief on there being a Survivor, I'm not drawing any matches. Care to elaborate, Axle?

Axle said:
The only other things that could leave would be a Mafia Usurper or something that he made up.

Except there really isn't a character who would really fit a Usurper. You gotta remember (and this goes for everyone) that, when you suggest what a role might be, first off, if there isn't a character likely to be said role, the role is most likely not in the game (for instance, say we're playing a game themed around the Mario platformer games; there aren't any characters who ever betrayed the main villain/plotted to betray the main villain in any of them, therefore there wouldn't be a Usurper. However, there is a very good chance of there being a Beloved Princess due to the fact that Princess Peach exists).

Axle said:
I'm getting kind of tired of the notion that the more passive third-party roles are not dangerous. You're thinking narrow-mindedly by considering that the only threats to the Town are ones that can kill the Town. This is a game; it's about how to win. Survivors... they're typically the exception, but in the case of all other third party roles, they are generally still the enemy. If they do exist, they need to be looked at as enemy players no less than the Mafia. The immediate threat isn't there, but the as far as a Townie victory is concerned, they are still a threat.

I actually agree with you on that one. Cults are a prime example of that (in fact, depending on how good the Cult Leader is, they're even more dangerous than the Mafia). I still stand by my point that Third Party is not necessarily against the Town: it depends highly upon the role and how the player plays it (if say, they get a role that doesn't require the Town to die).

Anyways, I'm gonna go down the board and take some notes on everybody and get back to you all later.

Also suspicious of Justeazy now.

I don't know any contradiction in my posts and am very skeptical something wasn't just grossly misunderstood or being used against. Do you honestly think I would slip up anything significant this early in the game? Honestly ask yourself that. Of course that's exactly what I'd be saying if I did slip up, just as I would be if I didn't. Justeazy is clearly playing closed-hand. He claims to have seen something and when he's asked to elaborate, he's vague. He won't explain his vote right out, which never makes me comfortable with a player. He could just be that kind of player, but it also seems like inexperienced Mafia framing. Was Castlevania Mafia the first Mafia game Justeazy played? I can't remember if he played earlier.

As for me, as always here's my reason for voting: There is no reason for Hero of Music to do any kind of roleclaim at this stage. There was no pressure, no reason. He's either acting with chaotic, nonsense behavior to confuse things, or he's trying to set himself up as safe early on... for no real reason. There's no pro-town reason to roleclaim right now. None whatsoever.

I've actually never heard of a Role or Name Cop. In my experience off-site, most cops just get the alignment of the character, not their name or Role, so yeah. Thief works similarly, but you only get an item relating to the character: therefore, you'd be on your own trying to figure out whether or not one would be Mafia, Town, or Third Party. Granted, if you know the theme/have access to a good Wiki, it would be a cakewalk finding out who is who. As far as how there being a Name Cop supports my belief on there being a Survivor, I'm not drawing any matches. Care to elaborate, Axle?
Name Cops and Role Cops have cropped up in the last two games on this site, Batman Mafia and Castlevania Mafia, respectively. Name Cops investigate the NAME of the player's role, like Gary, Brock, Giovanni. Role Cops get their ROLE, not their alignment (although sometime's that's included), like Cop, Doctor, Strongman, Mafia Roleblocker, etc.

Might not be common, but they crop up. Forgot about about alignment cops though. Haven't played games with them lately. And I've never really been in a game with a Thief, but that's also possible.

Um. Please read again. I said the lack of a JESTER supports the presence of a Survivor. Because there's only so many established kinds of third-party roles (most of them are just variations on Serial Killer, like the Poisoner or Arsonist), and the ones I'm familiar with are pretty much only Jesters, Survivors, Cults, and Usurpers. Survivor seems most likely out of all of them, what with Ky's hatred of Jesters.

Except there really isn't a character who would really fit a Usurper. You gotta remember (and this goes for everyone) that, when you suggest what a role might be, first off, if there isn't a character likely to be said role, the role is most likely not in the game (for instance, say we're playing a game themed around the Mario platformer games; there aren't any characters who ever betrayed the main villain/plotted to betray the main villain in any of them, therefore there wouldn't be a Usurper. However, there is a very good chance of there being a Beloved Princess due to the fact that Princess Peach exists).
I'm totally unfamiliar with Pokemon, aside from some first gen stuff, so there's no way I could make a call on the likelihood. Either way, creative liberties can be taken with the role and name combinations.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Um. Please read again. I said the lack of a JESTER supports the presence of a Survivor. Because there's only so many established kinds of third-party roles (most of them are just variations on Serial Killer, like the Poisoner or Arsonist), and the ones I'm familiar with are pretty much only Jesters, Survivors, Cults, and Usurpers. Survivor seems most likely out of all of them, what with Ky's hatred of Jesters.

Ahhhhh, I got you now.

Axle said:
I'm totally unfamiliar with Pokemon, aside from some first gen stuff, so there's no way I could make a call on the likelihood. Either way, creative liberties can be taken with the role and name combinations.

Ahhh, I thought you knew the theme for some reason. =/ Meh, whatever, not like it's a big issue.

Hai SoL!

Vote: Kokiron

And um. That is all...

Sheesh, you guys I drive 4 hours to the ocean to go to a wedding then drive 4 hours back and you already had 5 pages <_<

Kazumi

chagy
Based on what Durion and Axle have both pointed out about Hero of Music, and what he has said, I am very suspicious of him.

In other news, Justeazy is also seeming to be quite suspicious. What with taking jabs at Axle like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom