• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Video Game Ever

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Inspired by the Favorite Video Game Ever thread, what is the worst game you've ever played? This seems pretty self-explanatory, so not much else to say here.

My least favorite game ever is Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle. It was an old platformer for the Sega Genesis. I was a total idiot and bought it on Virtual Console before looking it up on IGN, and it is a horrible game. One-hit deaths, floaty platforming, little-to-no story, unresponsive attacks, and a game based on luck do not make a good combination. And that's exactly what Alex Kidd is.

MW7

I feel like every game I've ever played I've enjoyed since I'm pretty selective in what I play. However, if I had to pick a least favorite I'd say Goldeneye: Rogue Agent for the Gamecube. It's really not that bad, but it was essentially just a money grab. They named the game after one of the best FPS games ever but delivered something very different. The special powers activated with your "Goldeneye" were kind of random but cool nonetheless. It had some awesome multiplayer maps, but I never got to actually enjoy them fully because the game inexplicably lacked AI bots like most James Bond games had going back to TWINE in 1998. Considering that the game released with online support for the other consoles but not the Gamecube you'd think it might have AI bots. So I did enjoy the game, but it was very far from being perfect.

I'd say Dark Castle on the Sega Genesis. Oh my god. That game is the worst thing ever. Instead of trying to explain it, I'll just put an Angry Video Game Nerd review of it on here:

Warning: This video has explicit language.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
There's been ALOT of terrible video games and it's hard to say what my least favorite is. But I'm going way old school and yes I have played it, and that's ET for the Atari 2600.

Sonic Spinball for the Sega Game Gear. I don't care what anybody says, this is the worst Sonic game ever made. Whenever I play this game, I usually fall asleep with my eyes open or I just fall asleep because of how boring this game is. This game has terrible controls, boring levels, unmemorable music, and overall its just a horrible game. Sonic Spinball on the Sega Genesis is fun and is a very underrated Sonic game, but stay away from the Game Gear version.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I've picked up a lot of games over the years and there are a lot of horrible titles. I'm not gonna get into the newer gens since there are so many bad games. One of the worst games I have over played is Dragon's Lair for the NES. You would expect it play some like the original and be at decent considering the what the orignal accomplished. The controls are bad and it practically impossible to get past the forst level.

EDIT: Well, I was checking out Reaca's post about Dark Castle, I found that AVGN reviewed this games as well. There will be crude language.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xIvTOLrYA

Last edited:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I've played a fair amount of bad games but I RELLY hate Ice Climbers!!! I don't know why Nintendo HAD to pick that for an Ambassador game! NOT WORTH IT!

G

GBinc

I've picked up a lot of games over the years and there are a lot of horrible titles. I'm not gonna get into the newer gens since there are so many bad games. One of the worst games I have over played is Dragon's Lair for the NES. You would expect it play some like the original and be at decent considering the what the orignal accomplished. The controls are bad and it practically impossible to get past the forst level.

EDIT: Well, I was checking out Reaca's post about Dark Castle, I found that AVGN reviewed this games as well. There will be crude language.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xIvTOLrYA
You watch AVGN too? Cool. My least favorite game, or games, and I'm gonna get a lot of fire for this, The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Just for my sheer disappointment and annoyance towards them.

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
M&M's Adventure for the DS. That game blows. It's not the worst game I've played, but it's definitely my least favorite. I mean, how cool would it be to go around levels as an M&M? It sounds cool, but this game is just one huge let down. The bland, boxy graphics and repetitive, boring music and annoying sound effects give me a headache. This god-forsaken game is plagued by poor controls, a huge amount of glitches, terrible hit detection, bad level design, and is so easy it's stupid. I didn't even bother getting past the 2nd level because I was so bored! It turns your mind and heart into a void as you play it. Do NOT buy this game even if you see it in the store. If you're an M&M's fanatic, don't get it either, it will make you very, very depressed.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
M&M's Adventure for the DS. That game blows. It's not the worst game I've played, but it's definitely my least favorite. I mean, how cool would it be to go around levels as an M&M? It sounds cool, but this game is just one huge let down. The bland, boxy graphics and repetitive, boring music and annoying sound effects give me a headache. This god-forsaken game is plagued by poor controls, a huge amount of glitches, terrible hit detection, bad level design, and is so easy it's stupid. I didn't even bother getting past the 2nd level because I was so bored! It turns your mind and heart into a void as you play it. Do NOT buy this game even if you see it in the store. If you're an M&M's fanatic, don't get it either, it will make you very, very depressed.
The Wii version's bad too.

T

thefreezer1000

I will go with Sonic and the Secret Rings that game just made me not like the sonic series anymore, that game sucks!

I

iNayru

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir

It's so bad, it makes children cry.

Wizard of Oz for SNES.

As a kid it made me think that I just plain sucked at video games. It was a self-confidence killer. Then a couple years ago the AVGN did an episode on it and it brought back memories of the game and with the memories came the soothing realization that I didn't suck; the game sucked. It had pretty graphics, but the gameplay was terrible and almost unplayable. A shame, it had the potential I think to be a solid title but 'them's the breaks'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom