• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreenrobby

#1 Producer of Mind Screw
Sorry for being out the last day or two. However, I'tll officially end Friday afternoon, so you might have to wait to hear my great words of wisdom. Until then, I'll get on whenever I get the opportunity (like now), but I can not promise I'll be on consistantly.
Also, hooray! We got a mafioso!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Sorry this is late, guys. I might actually come back and edit this scene later because I'm a perfectionist and I had to write most of this at like 11:30 at night so it's probably terrible. Hope it works for now, though.

----

One figure strode through the darkness with confidence. The smirk that they had worn when the night first fell was still firmly in place as they approached where their target, Big Octo, had been staying. It was a remote location, far from the rest of the group, which made it perfect for their plans.

Interestingly, Big Octo was already awake when they arrived. He merely stared at the newcomer calmly.

"Why aren't you sleeping like the rest of them?" the figure asked, suspicious that he seemed completely at ease despite their approach.

Big Octo shrugged. "I was considering giving out something that I had created to another person who gained my favor."

"That's no longer happening. It's your turn to die," the killer said flatly.

"Really?" Big Octo frowned. "It's a shame... I really wanted to see the outcome of this little game I had planned." He showed no fear as he stepped forward. "Well, then! Show me what you've got!"

Meanwhile, FirevsIce was watching another person, carefully ensuring that nothing unusual happened. He was so distracted by his work that he failed to notice the other figures creeping up behind him. The beam of light shot through him without him ever seeing his attackers.

FirevsIce's body was recovered first, and the crowd numbly noted that it was Arlon, one of Viridi's commanders. They felt used to finding a new death in the morning. However, a new wave of unease overtook the crowd when they heard that Big Octo was also missing. Was it possible that there were two deaths this night? Everyone hurried to where he had been killed.

When they arrived, they realized that he was none other than Dyntos himself! He had been among them the whole time. However, as they did not fail to notice, the effects that he had placed on them had not worn off.

It seemed that from now on, if they wished to escape with their lives and identities intact, they had no choice but to continue playing the game that the God of the Forge had begun, even after his death.

---

Big Octo was Dyntos, the Survivor Inventor!
FirevsIce was Arlon, the Town Jailkeeper!

The Living (15)
  • Fig
  • Mellow Ezlo
  • fused_shadows
  • Ver-go-a-go-go
  • Dracomajora
  • The Marshal
  • Pendio
  • justac00lguy
  • Atticus
  • Rachel
  • kokirion
  • LittleGumball
  • Linkdude74 pkfroce
  • thegreenrobby

The Dead (6)
  • Thareous - Pew Pew (Vanilla Townie) - Killed Day One
  • Draco626 - Nutski (Vanilla Townie) - Killed Night One
  • musicfan - Palutena (Town Doctor) - Killed Night Two
  • DekuNut - Hades (Underworld Godfather) - Killed Day Three
  • FirevsIce - Arlon (Town Jailkeeper) - Killed Night Three
  • Big Octo - Dyntos (Survivor Inventor) - Killed Night Three

Day Four Begins!

Day Four ends on Wednesday, March 12th at 8:00 MST. With 15 alive, 8 is majority.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm assuming a Survivor Inventor is just a combination of the typical Survivor and Inventor roles? Interesting.

RiP Bocto and Fire :(

I'm too tired to analyze the night scene right now, so I might do that tomorrow of nobody beats me to it.

Pen

The game is on!
Two interesting roles in one night... Well, now we know there was a Jailkeeper in the game (basically a Doctor and a Roleblocker in one). Do you all think there is a regular Roleblocker in this game as well? Or could the Jailkeeper have been our only Roleblocking role? We did have a regular Doctor, all things considered, so a Roleblocker would perhaps not be impossible.

Anyway, our lynch on DekuNut yesterday was fortunate indeed! I think I will now backtrack a bit and reread his old posts.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm pretty surprised we got the GF quite early. It was just a hunch I had on Deku at the time, I didn't think others would follow. I'm going to look back and see who tried to defend Deku. Oh and let's not forget, we should also look at those who hammered - that's where scum find no other alternative and try to look pro-town.

---

Anyway, let's look at this night scene. Fire was once again killed by this "beam of light"; this has to be clear now, I really do think there's an SK here.

So what about Bo? Well this kill really confuses me. At the start it mentions one figure, but then the scene refers to "they". It also mentions the figure as a "newcomer". What could this mean? At first I thought this was a vig kill, but clearly this figured is evil (just check the tone of the post). So is this Mafia? Well since the scene said "they" I would think so, but now I'm confused. The word "newcomer" could refer to a cult of sorts(?). Damn I'm so confused :/

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I think there are two Mafia factions judging by the lynch post. Someone walked away with a smug smile thinking that it was their turn or whatever? Im not extremely familiar with the game, but I know some stuff. Is Dyntos affiliated with the Aurum army?

Sheik

:the:
I think there are two Mafia factions judging by the lynch post. Someone walked away with a smug smile thinking that it was their turn or whatever? Im not extremely familiar with the game, but I know some stuff. Is Dyntos affiliated with the Aurum army?

Two Mafia factions could be possible, since the scene showed that multiple killers are responsible for each death. But, perhaps, one kill was Mafia and the other might be Cult? I'm not familiar with Cult, though. Do they have a NK ability?

Smug smile... sounds an awful lot like Dark Pit.

And no, Dyntos is not affiliated with the Aurum army. I guess he was his own third-party alignment.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I'm not familiar with Cult, though. Do they have a NK ability?

Yes they do.

---

I've been having a tough time trying to disntinguish each kill. My best guess would be that FvI was killed by the mafia, and here's why:

Meanwhile, FirevsIce was watching another person, carefully ensuring that nothing unusual happened. He was so distracted by his work that he failed to notice the other figures creeping up behind him. The beam of light shot through him without him ever seeing his attackers.

Multiple uses of plural. And, it's that beam of light again, which has been present in pretty much every scene thus far. Because of this, I'm heavily inclined to believe it is of the mafia, since only Town players have died at night thanks to this beam of light.

Big Octo's kill has really stumped me. Looking at the scene:

One figure strode through the darkness with confidence. The smirk that they had worn when the night first fell was still firmly in place as they approached where their target, Big Octo, had been staying. It was a remote location, far from the rest of the group, which made it perfect for their plans.

Interestingly, Big Octo was already awake when they arrived. He merely stared at the newcomer calmly.

"Why aren't you sleeping like the rest of them?" the figure asked, suspicious that he seemed completely at ease despite their approach.

Big Octo shrugged. "I was considering giving out something that I had created to another person who gained my favour."

"That's no longer happening. It's your turn to die," the killer said flatly.

"Really?" Big Octo frowned. "It's a shame... I really wanted to see the outcome of this little game I had planned." He showed no fear as he stepped forward. "Well, then! Show me what you've got!"

There's a few things I bolded that interest me. First of all, the kill starts off with one figure, but after that there are constant mentions of they, or their. They can't BOTH be mafia kills, so I'm guessing this one is from a Cult. Clearly they already have multiple members, so we must be on the look out for them.

Furthermore, the last thing I bolded was Octo saying "another person who gained my favour." Could this mean someone who agreed with him? Or someone who defended him? From what I remember Octo wasn't that active yesterday, so I'm unsure what this person did to have gained his favour. The possibilities are endless, really.

EbWoDp

I'd pay anything to see FvI's results rn. :P

Last edited:

thegreenrobby

#1 Producer of Mind Screw
Yes they do.

---

I've been having a tough time trying to disntinguish each kill. My best guess would be that FvI was killed by the mafia, and here's why:

Multiple uses of plural. And, it's that beam of light again, which has been present in pretty much every scene thus far. Because of this, I'm heavily inclined to believe it is of the mafia, since only Town players have died at night thanks to this beam of light.

Big Octo's kill has really stumped me. Looking at the scene:

There's a few things I bolded that interest me. First of all, the kill starts off with one figure, but after that there are constant mentions of they, or their. They can't BOTH be mafia kills, so I'm guessing this one is from a Cult. Clearly they already have multiple members, so we must be on the look out for them.

Furthermore, the last thing I bolded was Octo saying "another person who gained my favour." Could this mean someone who agreed with him? Or someone who defended him? From what I remember Octo wasn't that active yesterday, so I'm unsure what this person did to have gained his favour. The possibilities are endless, really.

EbWoDp

I'd pay anything to see FvI's results rn. :P

The 'They' was used as a gender neutral pronoun. Because 'He' or 'She' would have given too much away.
So, there's only one person.
~~~
Hey, guys! I'm back in business! I probably won't be on as often as I was beforehand, because school is getting heavy, but I should be able to continue the game as I did before.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Ah. You make a good point Robby. And welcome back. :)

So... This means that there was no Mafia kill? :?

If Robbys observation is correct, then that means both kills were by a single figure... Maybe someone roleblocked Mafia again? And if both kills were made by ine person, that means those kills were Vig and SK.

Rachel

be vigitant
Welcome back Robby! anyway, so is there a serial killer and aurum here? I think it would be good to look through Deku's posts to detect any connections.

I'll be gone from Tuesday to Saturday, which will be mostly night I believe, so hopefully I won't miss much.

A near universal that I've come to notice is that mafia kills are almost always denoted by a plural, because the mafia is indeed a group. If the night-scene uses words like "group", or "them", it makes it far more likely to me that the mafia was the killing party. This isn't always the case, as some mods prefer to use the Godfather as the lone killing individual for the mafia, with the most recent example being Dead Man's Chest/At World's End mafia. The way this night-scene is written makes me think that FirevsIce was the victim of the mafia.

Big Octo's death screams third party to me. I could be wrong of course, but I can't help but feel the mannerisms, speech, and thoughts of Big Octo's killer fit Dark Pit rather nicely. So I think there's a Serial Killer, but not a Vigilante.

FirevsIce's death may indicate the presence of some sort of cop for the mafia. There's always the slight chance that they got lucky, but it's not too far of a stretch to think that they hit a powerful role with their investigative ability. I suspect I was the target of the night one failed mafia kill, with musicfan confirming he protected me. I was honestly surprised that I was still alive, as I was expecting the mafia to take out a pseudo-confirmed townie. I'm guessing I've already been investigated, and since my skin is white as vanilla, they went after someone who could actually do some damage to them.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I'm guessing I've already been investigated, and since my skin is white as vanilla, they went after someone who could actually do some damage to them.

Lovely softclaim.

EbWoDp

The 'They' was used as a gender neutral pronoun. Because 'He' or 'She' would have given too much away.
So, there's only one person.

Oh yes, I can see that. That makes more sense. So, Big Octo was killed by an individual (Vig/SK), while FvI was killed by the mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom