• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Add a Race to Hyrule What Would It Be?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
...Or Termina, or any other Zelda world. And OMG WE HAVE A NYAN CAT SMILEY. :nyan: *shot* Anyway, this can be races that are established in other fictional worlds, or it can be something you made up yourself. Or a combination of both, something that already exists in fiction and you added your own twist to it.

To give you an example, I think dwarves would be cool. They could live in the same areas as gorons and either compete with them for resources or live side by side peacefully. If they compete with them, that would make a good plot point. Maybe the dwarves and gorons are fighting over a cave or an area in the mountains, both want to make it into a mine or something for their benefit, and Link has to deal with that to progress because neither race is going to allow outsiders in the mountains until it's settled. This would be a good place to have the multiple choices thing we saw in SS with the sidequests, where you could either play matchmaker with Pipit and Karane or please the hand in the toilet, among others. Likewise, you could choose to let the dwarves or the gorons have the land, both will help you in different ways. Maybe the dwarves will open a shop and the gorons will start launching you up the mountain like they did in TP.

You don't have to go as far as I did, if you just want to see centaurs or something but have no idea how you want them implemented that's fine too.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think seeing a Dragon race would be really neat. I'm not exactly talking about normal dragons like the three dragons from Skyward Sword, I'm thinking more like humanoid dragons. I think that'd be pretty cool to see. I would also like to see an expansion on the Demons. For example, people like Cole and Ghirahim. I want to see more of their kind show up as a standard race.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
For some reason I'm in a Skyrim mood so I'm thinking Dragons and some Demon like race. I think it would add more lore and expand the series more if they had to fight against Dragons and Demons. Or you could have to work with them against Ganon who is trying to steal their power or something.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Demons, you say?
loz_sky_era_demon_study_by_rubydragoncat-d6v08l8.png

I hate to be all "READ MY FANFIC NAO", but I really had fun with them and made them as close to a race as they'll be. :)

Gods. I know we sort of have them already but I was thinking recently that it might be cool to have the gods grow tired of the constant fighting over the Triforce and send someone to collect it and bring it to wherever they currently exist (remover it from Hyrule). This would result in a battle between Link and Ganondorf being interrupted by one of the gods and turning into a 3 way fight for the Triforce. At the end of the battle, the Triforce pieces are scattered, the god is depowered by the other gods as punishment for failing, Ganondorf is depowered as a result of not having the Triforce of Power (it's just his own magic now) and the second half of the game is set up as a mad dash/hunt for the Triforce pieces. If the god gets them, Hyrule will be destroyed forever. If Ganondorf gets them, bad stuff will ensue (obviously). If Link gets them, milkshakes and unicorns for everyone! Ok maybe not, but the other gods will see that Hyrule is still worthy of having the Triforce (and existing) and the god they sent to retrieve it will be recalled without incident.

Sheik

:the:
I'd rather have the races in Zelda games to stay completely original (like Gorons and Kikwis and Ritos) instead of having your everyday overused fantasy creatures (like dwarves and goblins).

So... I don't really have any ideas for an original race... Well, let's see, in OoT we got races based off of trees (and tree children), rocks, and fish. In WW we got bird people. In TP we got HOLY CRAP WHAT IS THIS
Oocca.png

Hmm... You know what, I want a Zelda race that will be even freakier than the Oocca. I challenge you, Nintendo. I challenge you...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think something on the order of satyrs or a minotaur-race might be neat. It doesn't even have to be completely like common mythology... they could be like the deer-type satyrs I worked up for a story series of mine that never got off the ground, or they could have carnivore paws instead of hooves on their hind feet or something. I think it would be cool to have another wild, woodland race.

That or intelligent gryphons. I'd really like those, as they could serve as mounts, but I figured you were speaking of humanoid races.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
It would be reeeally sweet to see Gorons, like Gorko from SS, be more intelligent and evolve more into the more modern human society. In TP, there are a couple of Gorons in Castle Town that have set up shop, however, It'd be really cool to actually see them walking among the humans. Also, the demon Beatrix from SS was super cool, and I'd love to see if the modern Demon could have a place in Hyrule.

Salem

SICK
I want them to do more with the Moblins and Goriyas, I mean they were the closest thing to a "race" in the early Zelda games, plus they were described as "little devils" in the NES manuals.

Does that count?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I agree with people who say a Dragon race. That would be really cool. And I know this already exists, but seemingly only in Wind Waker, it would be nice to see a race like the Rito in other games with overworlds similar to OoT's or TP's.

What about a prehistoric race of dragons that act as Hyrule's dinosaurs? The idea could be about how they were perceived as a beast-like race and brought back to life only to show they are very intelligent.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
2 words. Cat. People. NYAN!!!

Also, Dragon-men. I would call them something like Drakofos.
Also, bring back Goriyas as a race, like how Zoras where changed from enemy to race.

UNDERPANTS GNOMES!!! They could help teach link the importance of business
48740819.jpg

In all seriousness though... I would definitely like to see more on the Ancient Tribe from Termina. Perhaps they are the Terminian equivalent to the Sages in Hyrule though their methods were more sinful, and one of the members went berserk with power, hence Majora's Mask. Another idea would be a tribe/race which resides in the shadows... to be honest just came up with that on the spot and probably too similar to the Twili lol

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Dwarves! Have Link go on an adventure with a company of 13 dwarves to reclaim their mountain city from the Gorons. That's got success written all over it, I tell thee.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
CRAB PEOPLE!!! :P

473409937_crab_people.jpeg

Good question though. I'd like to see some evil, dark, demonoid race. Maybe a tribe of demonoid creatures that live at night. Then Link would have to travel there and conquer a new shadow temple or darkness temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom