• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Finally, Finally Beat the Wind Waker!

I've had to Wind Waker almost as long as it has been out and I was yet to beat it. I tried twice before, but when I got to the triforce hunting I quit both times. This time, I powered through it and finished the game.

The Wind Waker is an amazing game. The art style and graphics are unique, the locations are cool, and the combat is intense. Link feels so agile and quick when he is fighting. I feel like I have more control with him with the controller.

The real wrench in the gear was the triforce hunting, it really wasn't all that bad, but it really kills to pacing, and there were waaaaay too many pieces. I think a five piece hunt would have been enough.

So there's another game to scratch off my list, I'm also almost done with Twilight Princess on the Wii, which I also have yet to complete.

I just felt like sharing my accomplishment, it only took like 9 years to get it done!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Wind Waker is far from the greatest Zelda game ever, but it's one of the most entertaining games I've ever played. I have endless gripes about the Great Sea -- I'm pretty infamous for them -- and I consider 3 of its dungeons to be very lackluster (one of these downright terrible), but the game still has more than enough quality moments to make it a great game.

Congrats on finally beating it. Hope you have a fun time finishing up Twilight Princess.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Congratulations!

I understand your gripes with the Triforce Hunt, they are shared by many people (not me though, I enjoyed it). But yeah, the art style, the locations, the atmosphere and the combat all come together in what I think is one of the greatest video games ever made. I would rank The Wind Waker as the 3rd best Zelda game ever made and it's fantastic that you've finally gotten to the end of it after all these years (longer than Link spent suspended in the Chamber of Sages :)).

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Hey, good job!

When I first played the Wind Waker, I too was bored with the Triforce Quest and quit (I finished later). But in later playthoughs, I look at it as the perfect opportunity to explore the Great Sea and do things you never quite got to doing.

But once again, good job!

Ghostbusters-Ending.jpg

WW is a fantastic game, I agree :)

It's funny because I love the great sea and exploring but the hunt seemed too drawn out and it killed the pacing. I wish they found better ways for you to explore the sea, a faster ship would have helped. In OoT and MM you visit seemingly every square inch of the world but in the Wind Waker you can miss a whole lot. I played WW and TP at the same time and I prefer WW,

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Great job!
I agree, WW is a great game, and also quite challenging. Also, I know how you feel about the Triforce- hunt. I also had to put the controller down for longer periods of time, before I got over my frustration, and was ready to search for those bloody Triforce- pieces yet again. And I wish you the best of luck on completing TP:)!

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Im working on beating it. In Ganon's tower. I thought that the Triforce hunt was boring, but i got it done in one stretch after two months of not playing it. (busy schedule: marching band) It wasnt hard. I hated the Earth Temple, though

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I loved WW and loathed the triforce hunt as well lol. The combat system was great and i wish they would have kept the parry system and being able to use enemy weapons..... sigh.....

Yeah there was a lot of unique features, like picking up the enemies weapons, the orbs that enemies dropped, and stealth game play, it is amazing all the things in the game that were only in WW.

On a side not, (spoiler) Ganon wasn't too hard but his snake/caterpillar form was pretty tough to hit with the light arrows.

Wind Waker will be my next game, after I finish Twilight Princess. Maybe I'll play one of the DS ones in between but I'm not sure yet.

Everyone complains about this triforce hunting part in WW. Why is it so bad? I'm skeptical because many people claim that The Water Temple from OOT is their least favorite dungeon in Zelda game, so I don't usually put much faith in the general perception of the public. :D

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Congrats!! ^-^

Wind Waker is my favorite game...which is interesting because it took me a few years plus a walkthrough to get through it. The Forest Haven really tripped me up. Medli ended up as my favorite game character over all, in the end, and it brought me into the world of Zelda, as it was my first Zelda game. I personally like the art style, even though a lot of people refer to it as childish. :dry: I don't really care what they have to say. But I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did ^^

The triforce hunt takes a while. You first have to find the chart which is pretty tough in itself, then pay tingle 398 rupees to decrypt it, then go sail out and find the price and there are 8 in total. Now that I finished it it wasn't so bad but I didn't enjoy it but I enjoyed the rest of the game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
What annoys me most is that I hear they scrapped 3 dungeons for this Triforce Hunt fiasco.

I beg to differ. I personally list Wind Waker as my most favourite Zelda game. Interestingly enough, I am currently doing a 3 heart run on Wind Waker (my first three heart run ever. I am about to do the Earth and Wind temples, it hasn't been too hard so far).

For me, although I hated the triforce hunt, it never stopped me from playing. It just made me very annoyed. In fact, so did the entire great sea idea. Although not quite as bad as the railroad in Spirit Tracks, the Great Sea was one of the worst things (IMO) to ever be thought up. Despite this, I just loved Wind Waker regardless of it's issues. The cartoony style, the fun gameplay, the, imo, best ending in any Zelda game thusfar. I just loved the overall feel for the game. Glad you finally got it finished!

Weird I had two that bugged me...Earth and Wind temples. Which ones did you have a gripe with?

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
WW is my favorite Zelda and the ending has a lot to do with that. The end was emotional, epic, and rewarding. (doesn't stabbing Ganondaorf through the skull make you smile!) The Music for the credits is the best Zelda song evar, plus the farewell hyrule king is the best song on piano, So beating the game lets you reveil all this! I didn't hate the hunt though, I thought it felt like a huge overworld dungeon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom