• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you play Brawl?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
GameCube controller is the way to go, to me it feels the most natural and non-hassle method. I've played SSB64, I've played SSBM, and I expect to play Brawl exactly like I did the past two games. : D

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Melee was the first Super Smash Bros game I've played, so I have become a natural with the Gamecube controller. It just seems to have the perfect placement of buttons, eliminating any confusion that may follow. On the other hand, a Wiimote-turned-sideways throws me off greatly, whereas it paired with a Nunchuk better fits my preference but lack one thing: the C-Stick. That is one thing I loved about the GC controls ever since learning about it. With Pikachu in Melee I used to employ the side-shock attack or downward electric cyclone move (whatever it's called) to nearby enemies, rocketing their HP up by the ten %s each time they aspired to challenge me head-on.

But there is also the Classic Controller that plugs into the Wiimote, and some brands are shaped like Gamecube controllers; mine is. I could wield this with almost equal results, but don't since it requires batteries to play. And at the moment my Wiimote power is being conserved for Skyward Sword. So I continue to utilize the GC controls as my main asset for Brawl (and Melee), regardless of their irksome tendency to become entangled.

Generally speaking, I use a Gamecube controller. However, I don't have a particular game controller preference, per se, as I am a very adept brawler; neither control scheme negatively effects my gameplay.

I use the gamecube controller and I really got used to it,but with the Wii U that doesn't support the GC controller I really wonder what will happen for the next super smash bros.I just hope they make a ''classic'' GC controller

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
Yeah, for Brawl, I believe the best controller is the GCN one. Also, iSaix, there will be the classic controller which is quite similar to the GCN pad.

Anyone play Melee though?

Big Octo

=^)
I generally use the GCN controller for play. Also, I highly oppose items, as they remove any drop of skill in the game, rather leaving it up to chance.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It is physically impossible to play with the Wii-mote. No analog stick and only 5 buttons, two of which (- and +) are extremely awkwardly placed? No thanks. Wii-mote with nunchuck? Meh... Nothing wrong. I'm just terrible with it. I don't like using it for fighting games. I used it for the first few weeks I played the game, then gave up on it. The classic controller is nice. My only complaints are the awkward locations of the left analog stick and Z buttons.

The Gamecube controller is perfection.
- No batteries required.
- All buttons are easily accessible.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Nostalgic from all the Melee playing.
- All my combos are muscle-memory'd for this controller.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
GC, hands down. I don't want to take the time to learn how to use the other ones, because when the next smash bros comes out for wii U, I won't be able to use GC, but I assume the new controller will be great for Smash Bros.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I tried for the longest time to use the Wii Remote and Numbchuck, but it was just too hard for me, so I went to using the Gamecube controller and it made it much more fun and easier for me. For most Wii games, I use the Gamecube controller still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom