• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask GYORG? What Did You Think?

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
I'm playing MM for the first time, and I just beat the Great Bay Temple. I had heard about GYORG, and that he was really hard from many reputable sources. Now knowing that he is hard I was very nervous about fighting him. So as the fight started I did what any Zelda fan would do, and I tried the dungeon item (ice arrows) on him, then quickly realizing that wouldn't work (for obvious reasons.) So the process of elimination brought me next to the fire arrows, which worked by stunning him, then I quickly put on the Zora mask dove into the wanter and proceeded to smack him with my fins... I got eaten. So the next time I remembered the electric field I could use, so I used that for the remainder of the fight, after stunning him with fire arrows. All in all, I didn't think this fight was very hard because I only got hit once, and it didn't last very long.​

So whether or not you read my above ramblings, I'm asking what did everyone think of this fight? Did you think he was hard or not?

How could you have beaten him so easly?!
It was one of the hardest bosses I have ever faced in a Zelda game!!!

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
my first time beating him has horrible, i forgot about the electric barrier thing so i would just smack him with my fins, then i would mistime the dolphin jump and get eaten :dry: it was only on my 2nd playthrough that i remembered the barrier *facepalm*

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
First time I faced Gyorg, I was at the edge of the platform and tried sniping it out with an arrow, but then it would always knock me into the water and devour me.
Took a while, and it wasn't the most effective way to kill hit but oh well, I beat it eventually.

But then I figured out a way where you shoot it with an arrow after it dives over you, then quickly become a Zora and electrify it. You get a rhythm going and the battle will take 5-10 minutes.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
First time I faced Gyorg, I was at the edge of the platform and tried sniping it out with an arrow, but then it would always knock me into the water and devour me.
Took a while, and it wasn't the most effective way to kill hit but oh well, I beat it eventually.

But then I figured out a way where you shoot it with an arrow after it dives over you, then quickly become a Zora and electrify it. You get a rhythm going and the battle will take 5-10 minutes.
Thats interesting, and sounds kind of fun. Anyway the way I did it was I never let him ram the platform, or jump onto it. I would hit him with an arrow before he could do it. Maybe thats why it was easy for me.

Beeker

Wild Card
GAH this boss was(and still is)annoying to me. Probably because I can't time my dolphin jump right:facepalm:

I was doing this battle a while ago and was angry that I'd miss the platform and get eaten. Yay for rage.:lol:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I thought "Pathetic". Only three syllables can accurately describe how I feel about Gyorg. Pa-the-tic.
I agree. I found him to be surprisingly easy and boring for a fish-monster that appeared to be so menacing. I'd like to see a boss based on his design in the future, though, now that we have better technology and much more can be done. Their heads were in the right place, I think, but the boss just didn't turn out so well in my opinion... which was upsetting to me, as I really liked using Mikau and would have enjoyed something a little more challenging and/or unique in terms of battle (his design was plenty unique).

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
He was the easiest boss in the game, not saying he was easy. He was average, about a 6 on a 1-10. He's not that hard really.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
Wow it seems I wasn't the only one who thought this boss was easy. Even the Zelda Dungeon guide says he's one of the hardest bosses in the game.

Mute

一員
I seem to have a different experience each time I fight him. The first time was a nightmare, the next times ranged between easy, hard, and just frustrating. Now, though, he isn't all that hard. Then again, I seem to be so erratic on most games I play that hardly any boss is the same difficulty each time.

EDIT: Thinking back on it, the first time I fought him I didn't have the life upgrade to take less damage. The next few times I did, so that probably helped a bit. But regardless, my opinion on him is still the same: He's not that tough, but if you screw up a lot like I do, he's rather... Dreadful.

Last edited:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
More irritating than hard, and mainly it's because of trying to time the Dolphin Jump to get back onto the platform before he comes to. If you miss it just once, there's a good chance you're gonna get gulped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom