• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics: Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess.

Graphics: Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess.

• I Prefer The Graphics Used In TP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Prefer The Graphics Being Used In SS.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
both of the aforementioned graphical styles are gorgeous i like SS more because of the more lighthearted style of it. but it is a tough decision.

I voted TP because the graphics are a lot more realistic, but SS is good too. Bad thing is, the SS graphics look too... cheesy. There a little too happy and bright, considering link is killing things a lot.:lol: Theyll probably change it though, i mean theres like a minimum of 5 months before they release it, they have GOT to notice that. But I was still hoping for more epic TP graphics.:dry:

Definitely SS graphics. TP's graphics can only be called "better" by opinion, and not by a literal sense because Aonuma himself stated that if they had used TP's graphics for SS, the game would already be out. Their choice to use the "half cell shaded" style was obviously to get the best looking game they possibly could on the Wii, and I believe they have done well in doing that.

Not saying that I don't like TP's graphics; I do. But those graphics and the dark tone were essential for the type of game that TP was. Zelda has never been "realistic" looking. Even TP itself wasn't fully realistic; Only in most of the textures used for clothes and scenery. Out of 14 Zelda titles, one game has attempted to look more realistic, so I don't consider Zelda to have to keep up to that standard. And trying to make things look "real" on the Wii doesn't necessarily turn out the best these days anyway.

So, I say I like SS's graphic style much better than TP's because I think it makes for a better looking Wii title, and fits the tone that I think this game will try to get across. And also because I think those graphics fit what Zelda should be.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I like the new graphics more just because of what they will be able to accomplish with them, but I do love the darker styles. Bright is good too, but TP Link will be missed. SS is a great example of how you can blend two style together so I'm willing to change with the times an enjoy their newest game but I really didn't expect them to do it this way. I thought it would either be even more cartoony or even more realistic than before... they could have done a really bright realistic game or a darker cartoony game, but instead they suprised me and made a game that is bright and somewhere between the two styles, something I just couldn't imagine before I saw it. However I will note that the game world looks more WW styled and Link seems More like the TP Link in looks and essence. Hopefully those two worlds are blended nicely in this new game. I'd like to see some more scenery before I make a final decision but I like SS more so far and I have only seen a demo. Two big thumbs up for this game!

A

AKRedden

Personally, if I had to choose I would choose the TP style of graphics just because I like them more but I don't have anything against cell-shading style.
I don't think it will appear as cartoony as everyone will thinks.
Sure it won't be as dark and detailed but I bet the graphics will still be so amazing that when you see any of the new dungeon bosses you will still think to yourself, "Crap, I have to fight that scary thing?!"
Don't worry, I think the storyline and updated technology will still make this game take a step up from the last.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I would actually prefer the SS graphics, but I hate the style of the enemies. It just reminds me of PlayHouse Disney, and I can't stand it. I really hope for an impressionism style theme for SS, but less silly looking enemies and I could do without the Mushrooms being every where. They look funny, and would be cool in in the background, but not too many, like in the demo. On the poll, I picked TP, but only because I was hoping the enemies would look realistic, other than looking like stuffed toys for children. What I hate about the Bokoblins: Their faces, boots, and their too round body. These guys don't look like impressionism at all. What I hate about Octorocks: They look too cute and the bushes they hide under look unrealistic, not very impressionist about these guys. What I hate about keese: Just look plain stupid. Just because of how their eyes bulge out their face. What I hate about the stalfos: They look very very OoT Beta, and are perfect. What I hate about the Deku-Babas: Nothing. They could use more teeth though. What I hate about the scorpion: His claws have eyes, and doesn't go with Link's TP style. He looks good at the same time. I hope they remove those eyes on his claws, why not just put a reviled muscle that turns bright red when it's about to attack. I don't think anybody who is going to play this game won't notice the inner part of it's claw turning red. The que is also too obvious (With the eyes), and will down the difficulty. It's stinger is funny looking, and bothers me. Why not make it funny looking in a serious way? TP had stuff like that a lot. Like the monkey mini-boss. What I hate about Skyloft: It is near perfection. When they fix the graphics, Skyloft will look impressionist like Miyamoto wanted. Even though I am picking on a lot of things, I still can't wait for this game :P

Rofang

Person
I have to second Weegee, at least about the Bokoblins. Those guys are really disappointing. Here's hoping they're early beta designs, because I want to enjoy walloping them, not run away in revulsion.

Z

Zenu

SS has better graphics but the enemies should be done in a style closer to TP because in the SS style they don't look evil enough; it makes Link look like a sword-wielding maniac bullying mentally challenged creatures.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Personally, I despise the TP graphical style. It was very dull and uninteresting in terms of color, as well as having just about every single enemy being a Dead Hand or Bongo Bongo in the sense that they were designed to be creepy. I don't mind creepy designs in their own context, but seeing that everywhere I went was way too much.

In SS, there are sure to be a few creepy enemies. There's no doubt in my mind because every game has had at least two creepy enemies (just look at the Gohma thingie from two of the screenshots and the Stalfos from one of the screenshots). However, from what I've seen, they're more normal and along the lines of something from OoT/MM. Another thing is that it's actually vibrant and colorful. I'm sorry, but the dull dreary look of TP just didn't feel like Zelda to me. Zelda has always been, more or less, a fairytale and really the style of SS captures what I feel to be the general fairytale essence of Zelda as a whole very well. Very vibrant and colorful, but dark, dreary, and scary where it needs to be.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Although I love TP's realistic graphics, which can set a dreary tone when needed but can also seem colorful in places like Lake Hylia or CastleTown. I also loved how everything seemed to glow. Although in saying this, I like SS graphics a bit more. At first I was skeptical but now, after watching the videos a couple times, I've grown to love it! It's so unique. You see realistic graphics all the time but it's not very often that you come across a hybrid of both realistic and cel-shading.

Zarom

The King
I pretty much agree with all Master Kokiri 9 and MrMosley said. I really prefer the SS graphics, because it feels very Zelda to me, while the graphics in TP were too realistic (it made TP a lot more boring than it already was).

Also, in my opinion, SS's art style looks more like OOT/MM with some cell-shading. So yeah, I really think the new art style is awesome, it will probably be my favorite one from all the other Zelda games.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I enjoy the cel-shaded style they're making now, and I really enjoyed it for WW, but personally, I do prefer the TP style graphics for a Zelda game. I like the feel of it in a realistic art style. The cel-shading does what it does, but that's something completely different. It makes it sort of cartoony, which isn't a bad thing, 'cause we all know the wacky, crazy-go-nuts kinds of things that inevitably happen in any given Zelda game. They're both very visually appealing from different aspects. It's actually fairly hard to choose. I think it's a little odd looking at the more grown up Link in the cel-shading, rather than the pint-sized giant-headed guy we know and love from WW, PH, and ST, but I think it will make for a great game in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom