• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming Items You Wish Were Real

Dan

So this can range from anything game related, from wepons, clothes, food yeah you get the picture ol'beans. So let's begin with another fun filled list.

Nuka cola - Yes from the fallout series, and you are most likely wondering why I would like a radiation filled drink, well erm it wasn't always radiated you know... Anyway it comes from all the advertising inside all the games. Not to mention walking around the wasteland and drinking some refreshing nuka cola really makes me thirsty. I honestly feel the need to go out and buy some coca cola when playing this game. Funny thing is there was some actual nuka cola once at an event, I forgot which one sadly.

Pokeball – You know and it actually worked, I know I'd be running around catching wild animals and people inside them. Would love to catch me a wolf sage inside one. :I

Portal gun – I would seriously love one of these, so many possibilities, PERVY POSSIBILTIES. I erm mean.... science possibilities... yeah...

Now go forth and post your list!

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
1.) An Anti-Material rifle (Piers Nivans weapon, RE6)- I just want to see if its really that heavy.
2.) Ada's hookshot- OMG the places I could go with that thing X3 . It would never leave my sight.
3.) The three spiritual stones from Ocarina of Time - Who wouldn't want those?
4.) Leon's 2nd outfit (RE6)- If it looks like Leon, smells like Leon.. I want it.
5.) The weather stone (The Sims 3 Seasons)- Where I live, I rarely get any snow, so yeah....

This was a tough lol! D:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Pokeball (Pokemon)- Finally I'd be able to live my dream of being a trainer! Whoo! :D

Ocarina of Time (Legend of Zelda)- Think about it with this thing in your possession, you'd be able to: control time, make it rain, teleport to random areas, heal people, make people fall asleep or wake them up, make it dawn or dusk, make a horse appear out of nowhere, make creepy-looking statues of yourself that can you can use for occasions like Halloween or for just general pranks, and also make four giants come to stop a deadly moon from crushing you (granted you helped save them from their curses)!

Materia (FFVII)- With these guys I could use magic which I normally can't do. :>

Zoomers (Jak II and 3)- I'd love to be able to drive these around. Especially if it happens to be the smaller version of these that look like motorcycles without wheels.

And that's all I can think of for now. I might edit this later if I can think of anything else!

Sonic's Shoes - The backstory of Sonic the Hedgehog actually reveals that its his shoes that give him his super speed. I'd like me some of that. :P

Bag of Holding - Does Dungeons & Dragons and other pen & paper RPGs count? Because then I'd like one of these... small bags with larger internal storage space. That would be incredibly useful.

Omnitrix - Cheating probably, but hey, there are Ben 10 video games! :P It's a watch that can turn you into aliens and contains the DNA of 10 million species. Shapeshifting into every species in the universe? Yes please! Any shapeshifting object would do, though. This is just what came to mind.

1.) An Anti-Material rifle (Piers Nivans weapon, RE6)- I just want to see if its really that heavy.
Anti-material rifles are very real weapons employed by the modern military in most countries. They are effectively oversized sniper rifles that are designed with more power and bigger cartridges for taking down enemy equipment rather than personnel (although needless to say this only makes them more effective at killing people). It's necessary to have 2-3 people in sniper cells with these because of the weight of the rifle and support equipment, and they're fired from the prone position because of the recoil; I'm pretty sure it's not really possible to carry one of these around and fire it from a standing position, even though you can do so with the anti-material rifles in both Resident Evil 6 and Metal Gear Solid 4. :P

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
1) Pokeball. I seriously want Trainer to be, like, a real profession, with people running around challenging strangers to matches, using random wildlife creatures to do so (that can easily heal up to avoid animal rights issues). Out of all the gaming worlds, I wish Pokemon's was real.
2) Scan Visor. I want to be able to pull up any information and analysis of any object I focus on. Now, they're already working on something like this with the Google Glasses, so this one sees the most likely to actually happen. It just needs more development.
3) Portal gun. Because portals are freaking awesome.
4) Hookshot. From an engineering standpoint it would be a work of wonder for a handheld device to latch onto and pull you towards an object repeatedly and without wear.
5) The Epoch, from Chrono Trigger. A flying time machine, how awesome's that?!
6) Fairies. The ultimate life insurance policy.
7) Samus' arm cannon. Again, a total marvel of engineering, to be able to have several different types of beam weapons and missiles in a gun, with replenishing ammo to boot, all within one sleek portable cannon.
8) That chicken ray gun from Ratchet and Clank. Because why not?

*EDIT* I should be ashamed of myself. I totally forgot about the Celestial Brush. I can think of like a million uses or more where that would come in handy.

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
TheMasterSword said:
Everything Conner Kenway from ACIII has.
Actually, just about everything that Connor wielded is a historically accurate weapon. Rope darts? An oriental weapon that was developed in the 1700s. His various swords and tomahawks? Yeah, those have existed for centuries. A bow? Been around for at least a thousand years. Guns were relatively new - maybe about 200 years old - since the Europeans didn't get their hands on gunpowder for quite awhile. China was smart not to for all that time, anyway. Gunpowder was originally just for fireworks - gotta give it to Europe for learning how to weaponize something meant for celebration. The hidden blade could be replicated as well, but his specific form would require great reflexes - you're catching a knife as it shoots out of its holster.

Anyway, my first choice would be the Hookblade from Assassin's Creed: Revelations. From a combat perspective, it's great for easy kills, and easy escapes - thanks to the grab-and-run. However, from a climbing perspective, it's a miracle.

Yusuf Tazim said:
Think of the Hookblade as an addition to your arm.

Just think about that for a moment. An addition to your arm, meaning a much farther reach when making leaps from obstacle to obstacle. In the event of climbing, it can grab onto small ledges and footholds that one's hands couldn't grip, and then hoist yourself up like that. It can also be used like they use picks when climbing up mountains. It's quite a versatile item.

Next up would be a Portal Gun from the Portal series. I may not have played as much of the game as others - I'm on simulation 17 - but I already appreciate the ingenuity that goes into it. I find it to be among one of the most intriguing devices that I have ever seen in my life. The puzzle solving in Portal that involve the Portal Guns are some of the most mind-boggling feats I have ever seen in a video game. It's one thing to climb enormous - and ancient - structures in Assassin's Creed, but it's another thing to use the gun to find yourself miles away from where you were prior to stepping into the portal.

I would also say ADAM from Bioshock, but if Rapture took badly to it, imagine how the surface would abuse it. That would be worse than any nuclear weapon we could ever use.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
HOOKSHOT.... so handy.

And yeah.. Portal gun, definitely!

hmm.... other than that.... Let me think... :/

Maybe the beetle from Skyward Sword.... I can't think of anything else I'd want uber badly :lol:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
1. Pokémon/Pokéball. That's got to be the number one thing on the list. So that I can leave to become a Trainer.

2. Double Clawshots could really come in handy when need to reach high places or things.

3. A fairy. So that I can call it Navi and annoy people:P

4. .... I guess Nayru's Love. So that I can't get hurt or die:3 I actually would love to see this happening. *sigh*

octorok74

TETTAC
This is neat. It's like a Christmas list of all the toys we want.

Nuka-Cola Quantum- Yes I just one-upped Dan. I mean of course I would want regular nuka-cola, but Quantum makes your urine glow. That is just awesome. And if how a character in the game describes it is right, then it tastes amazing.

Chinese Stealth Armour- Also from Fallout 3. I just think it would be cool to be able to go nearly completely invisible anytime I want. And it is quite slimming too.

MJOLNIR armour- Specifically Master Chief's armour. I have to have something else to wear in case I somehow get sick of being invisible. And I figure I might as well feel invincible.

The Grifshot- It's actually called the Brute Shot and is from Halo 3. In RvB it becomes known as the grifshot and/ or the knifle (combination of knife and rifle). I mean the thing just looks awesome and it fires grenades.

That is my list, at least for now. You know what, I sort of just want everything from the Fallout series. Give me a ginormous house and make sure the Fallout items and whatnot are in there.

Dan

I also wish to point out that I want a pet bear like this. As erm an item of course.
188352-troublebruin_large.jpg

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
F.L.U.D.D, the Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device from Super Mario Sunshine comes to mind right away, having something like him would be awesome.

250px-FLUDD.jpg

I mean, who wouldn't want a water pack that has artificial intellegnce? He has a squirt nozzle, hover nozzle, rocket nozzle, and turbo nozzle...you could do so much fun stuff with one of these, sure it could be dangerous as well, but I'd buy one if I could.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Meta Items / Items from Many, Many Games: Void-dimension space-pocket bag of holding (they show up everywhere, don't they?). Instant health-restores and resurrection items (Fairies, Mario-mushrooms, etc).

Similar items seen in a few / a couple of games: Bomb Arrows (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) Flash Arrows (Shadow of the Colossus - bonus item). They're both arrows that explode. There is no practical use I have for them. They're just arrows that explode and that's enough for me! Bow included, of course.

Zelda Items: The Wind Waker-Baton of Wind (There is an image on Cracked.com in one of their Photoshop contests - "What videogame powers would be useful in real life?" that drives this home. The image is Toon Link re-directing a hurricane back out to sea using the Wind Waker. I thought about this while enduring Sandy. A weather-controlling rod held in the hand would be awesome). The Rod of Seasons (Similar reasons. Controlling nature could be useful). A Shadow-Crystal transformation stone (because some days, I'd rather be a beast than a human). Din's Fire (for when I need to light a campfire or candle). A Loftwing (for riding).

Other Assorted Games: Superspicy Curry (SSMBrawl - for the funny... actually being able to breathe fire after eating hot food would be fun), A portal-gun (although I've never played Portal, I know what it does and think it would be useful), a Katamari (for cleaning and just to freak out the neighbors), and if I ever get to live in a place with enough room - a pet Colossus (the perfect guardian).

Just thought of another one, although I'm not sure I'm "getting it right." I just got a used copy of Epic Mickey and have played just a little bit of it so far... (and have been avoiding spoilers). Methinks I might enjoy having a magic paintbrush that can re-paint reality (or an alternate reality). Much artist-appeal for me.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
#1.) Leon's jacket from Res Evil 4. That is a NICE jacket.

Also, Batman's "Detective Vision" Cowl from Arkham City.

Samus' Varia Suit

The SSV Normandy SR2 retrofit from Mass Effect 3.

A Linking Book (Myst series)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom