• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Flag On Death Mountain?

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
Okay, so I was playing OoT and I saw a flag (like the ones in the desert) on Death Mountain next to the ledge with the bolders that lead up to the Great Fairy's Fountain. Do any of you know if there's a reason for it being there, or is it just decoration?

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I'm about 99% sure it's the Song of Storms that you play to get the fairy to appear. This also goes for other places throughout the game when Navi turns green for seemingly no apparent reason.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
If you stand next to it, Navi should fly by it and turn green. If you play the Song of Storms or the Sun's Song (sorry I can't remember which) a fairy should appear. Catch it in a bottle if you want.
You cannot catch this fairy in a bottle, becuase that's a bigger "special fairy", which restores full health and magic when touched.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Back to the origional topic:
I doubt that flag is related to the ones in the Haunted Wasteland. They probably just decided they wanted a flag there but to save time they reused the flag.

About Navi turning green:
When she floats over an area and turns green you have to play a song. I think only the song of storms, song of time, sun's song, and Zelda's lullaby can work. This can make a big fairy appear which can't be kept in a bottle or a hole will appear.. If you need to use the song of time "time blocks" will appear.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
About Navi turning green:
When she floats over an area and turns green you have to play a song. I think only the song of storms, song of time, sun's song, and Zelda's lullaby can work. This can make a big fairy appear which can't be kept in a bottle or a hole will appear.. If you need to use the song of time "time blocks" will appear.
You forgot the Scarecrow's Song. Playing that in certain areas makes Pierre appear and you can hookshot to him to get to new places. Like, on top of the Laboratory in Lake Hylia for a Piece of Heart. Or on that giant rock next to Jabu-Jabu in Zora's Domain for a Red Rupee... so... yeah...

P.S. i think there's a walkthrough on this site for all the places where you can play the Scarecrow's Song.

I didn't knew about this :P tought it was decoration only....I guess EVERYTHING in a Zelda game is always there for a reason xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom