• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Experiences with the Silent Realms

Night Owl

~Momentai
I remember it like this-

Link: Alright, gonna just collect those tear thingies Fi just explained and be on my…..^^

*Steps outside and the notices the theme music change*

Link: Way…..holy crap what the hell, I’m gonna freaking die o_O

Mace Guardian: Come here, you :mad:

Link: Running, running, running, running…..man, at this rate my stamina gauge is gonna deplete and I’ll get destroyed!!!

Dual Knifes Guardian: I wouldn't say destroyed.....now then, ready to get sliced and diced?

Link: Ahhh, that doesn’t sound any better at all really and…..grabbing a Tear!

Guardians: Son of a…..nighty night -.-

Link: Geez that was just terrifying….thank the Goddess it’s over. I’ll have to watch it here and….oh look, a timer to indicate how long I have until they wake up….isn’t that just fantastic?

Watcher: You better get moving, kid, or else I’ll wake ‘em up early…..and then fantastic will be the last word coming to mind.....especially since there's one right behind you.

Link: Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttt…..see ya!

That's crazy!

Yup that's how I remember it as well.

Especially the eldin volcano one. That was the only one I died on.
the other two I had seen my younger brothers take first so I had it figured out.

SkyLoft I Made look easy, But that was only because I knew the terrain really well.

I Liked the silent realms because they are scary (nothing like running because you know you can't fight it to scare you),
Make you strategize your route, and are a good challenge.
I hope they bring similar challenges in future games.

The Silent Realm is Scary!!

Am I the only one who feels like they are being chased by the cops when the Guardians awaken in the Silent Realm>.<

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I kinda screamed the entire time doing the first one...like suddenly I'd screw up and the guardians would wake up and I would just scream and panic until I got another tear. I was freaked out the whole time :$ god, those things were scary. But after the first one, i relaxed and managed to get through the other 3.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
When i first got to the silent realm and figured out what it was, i was pissed. I hated collecting tears of light in Twilght Princess, and i thought it was the same. But then, I realized how fun they are. I felt like a freakin ninja or something running from the gaurdians. I dun there pissed maself because of how many close calls i had. I beat the game and on hero mode, but after all the times i was in the Silent Realms, i only got hit twice.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
gah, the Faron one was scary... o_O and... and I had read Fi's instructions, but I still failed miserably on my first try..due to one stupid Tear. :/

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I had the same. I was getting lost because of one tear and then when I started again and found the tear I forgot the locations of three others even though they were on my map. And then when I had all tears I forgot the way back :lol: But it was so much fun!

In Eldin I knew there was some kinda trick. I knew I had to walk through all those guardians flying around. How I managed to get through them unseen is still a mystery to me but I managed it even though it was in a clumsy way

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
My first thoughts: "No, I don't want to do this. Please, spare me. I don't want to play Metal Gear Zelda anymore. Played it enough in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks."

Well, the atmosphere in the Silent Realm was so exotic, beautiful. In many other aspects, I was bothered by the task to collecting the tears. It was a total relief every time I've finished a part of this task.

SkyLoft I Made look easy, But that was only because I knew the terrain really well.

I thought so too. But, because I knew the terrain so well, I got lazy and was catched.

Zukoia

DestiaDestroyerOfBokoblin
The 1st time I just died to see what happens but I never got scared of them I don't know why =\ still their too much fun so I always get caught and get another tear XD

Z

Zack

Now, the first three silent realms were complicated. I went to every nook and cranny in each area and i still don't know them too well. The guardians were probably scarier than their music. Nintendo, way to go with adding a survival/horror touch to Zelda. I think we can all agree that The Godess's Silent Realm was the easiest and the scariest. Easy, because we know the area really well. Scary, because there is tons of waking water and watchers are guarding tears(as if they weren't already doing that)even more closely. There, now don't judge 'cause i'm entitled to my opinion.

S

starr21

I didn't have too much trouble first time doing the silent realms but, as some people mentioned, I definitely felt the adrenaline when the guardians chased and you saw their vibrations at the edge of the screen.

I loved them at first, They reminded me a lot of Metal Gear Solid in a way mixed with TP's collecting the tears. I really liked how eerie it was as well (Well expected since it is called the Silence Realm! :lol:)

Kybyrian

They were awesome! I remember when doing the first Silent Realm I accidentally jumped backwards off of a ledge after getting the last tear right into a pool of water. My heart never pumped faster before that. It was like the most fun I've ever had in my life, but I was too scared to do it on purpose again. I was crawling through one of the tunnels on the east side of the map when a guardian took a swing at me and I rolled right past his sword. The Silent Realms were some of the greatest additions in the game when you weren't pressed to even figure out where a tear is.

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
It was exactly like this:

"Okay... so I see a whole bunch of tears... so I just go and get 'em? Seems legit....."

*steps outside safe zone, musics changes, guardians start chasing me, and color scheme changes*

"HOLY SHI-"

It scared the Sheikiah outta me...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Call me weak, but as soon as I beat the Faron one; I cried.
I was so happy.
I messed up on Din's realm.
But, as soon as I beat Din's realm I was shaking like: "YES, I'M FINISHED!!"
Then... BAM. Skyloft Silent Realm coming soon!
Me: " *forever cries* "

I'm personally terrified of Silent Realms, but I also love the thrill of them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom