• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Experiences with the Silent Realms

Skunk

Floof
I honestly did a lot better than I thought I would in the Silent Realms. I have no idea why, but I found them peaceful...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My first reaction was one of absolute scare, the silent realms were so creepy and I felt tensed up! After watching a few videos and getting a consolation letter from a friend, I lightened up though. Now they're breezes :)

Starleap

Canadian Girl
The first time I went through the Silent Realm in Faron Woods was a heart attack. I swear to Hylia that I was freaking out over the guardians. I was also dumb enough to think that I could swim across awake-water and not have to worry... WORST IDEA EVER!

R

Raze

I totaly hated the silent realm and loved it at the same time. when I first entered the silent realm, Ibreezed past Fi's usual pointless advice and played on through without a bit of knoledge, accept to grab the tears and avoid the gaurdians. I started out ok, but died on my 5th tear or so. After that it all fell downhill, and I just kept dying. I was furious at the game but calmed myself. I tried playing one more time and did it. I got the 6th tear! I was so happy that when I went to grab the 7th tear, I didn't pay attention and dove right off into waking water. I died. After getting mad for the 70billionth time, I just turned it off. I played every day after that and after a few days, I finally beat the 1st silent realm! The silent realm kept you on the edge of your seat and kept you playing. That is what should more incorporated into a zelda game and any video game ever. Nice thread.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
All i remember thinking the first time I did the silent realm trail was: "RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! GO! GO! GO! GO!"
The whole thing disturbed me immensely at the beginning, but eventually I grew a spine and started to enjoy it. Unlike the most of the rest of the game, it gave the feel of urgency. Overall, I thought it was a nice touch to the game. :)

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Wow just wow. The silent realms gave me a bigger rush than defeating Ganon for the first time, and thats saying something. I kept screaming at the top of my lungs everytime the flower timer ran out on me, which was alot of times. And the scary horror movie music didn't help calm me down in the slightest. There were 2 times when I finally collected all the tears, then got caught by the guardians so I had to run all the way back without stopping! Holy crap that was intense! Only after my 2nd playthrough did I start to feel betterabout the Silent Realms. That being said, I would really appreciate it if they did something like that in future Zelda games.

LumiGem

He gave me LOADED DICE!
Oh man I was so excited when first encountering the Silent Realms. But as soon as you wake up the Guardians it definitely got the adrenaline and heart pumping. I always went into pure panic at those moments.

I only really had trouble with the first one - I didn't really know what was going on so I kept screwing up. I was able to complete the others without much trouble. Though, to be fair, I did swear profusely throughout.

i was fine. *twich* heheh the enviroment turning red when youre running out of time and the da-da-daDA DA DA didnt bother me. no no. the big giant fe-fi-fo-fum statue with a giant sword didnt bother me either heh. *twich* not to meantion the floating ones and their knives. no no not at all...........*twich*

Kirino

Tatakae
Pretty intense. Scared me more than any horror movie. I'm pretty skilled at them, but when I mess up, I freak out. I still love them though. Very fun and intense.

I remember my first time through the Silent Realm so clearly..... As I was making a mad dash for the final tear, the guardians were right on my tail; and just as soon as I was about to claim the final tear, a flying guardian clipped through a wall and slayed me. I was so mad at this, I threw my controller at the TV, almost knocking it down.:sweat:

I finished the Faron woods realm on my third try if I remember correctly. Have yet to finish Lanyru. Had to put it down in the middle of it one day. I find them hard, definitely using the walkthrough pictures and helps. And I was totally sad to find out there are four of them, for some reason I thought there were only three. Haven't touched the game since end of July because I know I have to beat that before I can keep going:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom