• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Voice Acting

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
What is your favorite voice acting in any video game?

Things to consider:
the tone of the game
how realistic are the voices? are the believable?
frequency/does it interfere with the game or gameplay?
does it suck you in?

There are lots of kinds of voice acting, grunts and HYAA!s:), just shouting phrases here and there (COD style), narration, etc.

My favorite voice acting is from Batman Arkham Asylum.
There was a good mix of grunts and noises and the voice acting from Batman, Joker and all the villans was just brilliant. It was used to progress the story line and it all helped make the characters who they were.

A close second is Prince of Persia. This could be just because I had no preconceptions about the character so the voice in the game is the only one I associate with the character. All the voice acting adds tension and comic relief when needed.

Austin

Austin
My favorite would probably have to be the voice acting done in Knights of the Old Republic. It's a very story-based game, and the phenomenal voice acting really enhances the experience. Only possible issue would be that the lips on the character models didn't move to well with the audio, but I think that's due to graphical limitations at the time of the game's release.

I also enjoyed the voice acting in Prince of Persia (the dialogue is brilliant at times), but whoever set up the audio in the game needs to be fired. No matter how much I toggled with the sound settings I could never get it perfect, and was constantly raising/lowering the volume depending on whether they were talking in a cutscene or during gameplay.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Mine is probably Silent Hill 2. It's a very emotion driven story, and the voice actors did a great job portraying the emotions as the scenes went along (especially in the endings when Mary's reading the letter to James .. the voice actress was so convincing it brings a tear to your eye).

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Conker's Bad Fur Day for the Nintendo64 on grounds of comedy. When I got this game 9 or 10 years ago, I didn't understand half of the obscene language and gestures being used in the game. However, what I did love was the array of different accents that the characters put to play their roles.

My favourite was possible the Dung Beatles who spoke in heavy Scouse accents and pulled out almost stereotypical phrases that you would here when walking down the streets in Merseyside.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I haven't played many games with voice acting, but the voice acting in Final Fantasy IV DS was extremely good if you ask me. None of the videos I could find on YouTube quite do it justice, so I guess you'll just have to play the game if you want to see it.

Oh, and my favorite voices from the games were Golbez, Tellah, and Kain.

Last edited:

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I love Solid/Liquid Snakes voice. David Hayter did a great job. There's a tone to the voice that sounds so uhh hmm unique about the voice. Yeah when snake finishes a word.

Last edited:
I have a few favourites that comes to mind. I do enjoy the VA in Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 (the first one stands out a little more for me). Auron in Final Fantasy X. Niko in GTA IV.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
Ummm.... Would I be considered crazy if I said the Kingdom Hearts series? I don't know, the voice acting just really fits with the games in general.

O

OniLink

I love Solid/Liquid Snakes voice. David Hayter did a great job. There's a tone to the voice that sounds so uhh hmm unique about the voice. Yeah when snake finishes a word.

i agree the best voice acting in a game is from the metal gear solid series, awesome stuff

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I haven't played MGS (although I wish I had), because I've never owned a Sony console.
From what I've played, I'm going to have to say Liam Neeson as Dad in Fallout 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom