• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Province in Skyward Sword

What is Your Favorite Province?

• Faron Province

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eldin Province

• Layranu Province

• Total voters
H

HerSweetness

I voted Faron as my favorite but Eldin was an incredibly close second! Ugh, I just adored the Mogmas, they're so silly, and for some reason the whole fire-and-volcano theme was really attractive. :3 Lanayru... ehh. I'm not a fan of the whole desert thing for long periods of time and the sinking was annoying as were the Timeshift stones! But you know. To each his own and such.

The Lanayru Province was by far my favorite, which is somewhat ironic, since I usually don't enjoy the desert portions in Zelda games. Lanayru was so expansive that it provided the player with plenty of exploration, something that neither of the other two provinces did. Lanayru also had fantastic music that went along with it. The Timeshift Stones were a great addition to the game and one of my favorite added gameplay elements. The Lanayru Sand Sea was my favorite overworld portion of the game, and the Sandship, its dungeon, to me, was second only to the Ancient Cistern. Lanayru is well-deserving of the title of the best province in Skyward Sword.

Favorite Region

I didn't see a topic on this surprisingly, but more likely then not I am a moron and just missed it :angel:

Anywho, what is your favorite region in SS? This includes Faron, Lanaryu, Eldin and of course Skyloft and the surrounding islands.

I loved Lanayru, I am always a sucker for desert stages. Plus the whole thing with it being the ruins of an ancient civilization and the ability to hit time shift stones really just made a fantastic atmosphere. You had the desert, Temple of Time, the Sand Sea with the Sand Ship which may have been my favorite dungeon. It was just no doubt an amazing area and I loved going back to it.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan

I prefer Faron. I've always enjoyed the woodlands region.
Lanaryu is a close second.
Also I don't consider Skyloft a region at all, I consider it to be more of a land formation, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I chose Faron Woods. Out of the three, it seemed less-linear, and I just completley dispise the Sky so that wouldn't even up to consideration. If you want to get specific, I only really enjoyed the lake area (forget its name. I always forget the stinkin' names...) because it bolstered the Water Dragon and the Parella, my favorite race and dragon in the game. I also enjoyed seeing it completley flooded during the SotH portion of the game. The other two areas, I think, didn't have that cool of ideas for the SotH portion of the game. The sneaking in Eldin Volcano was cool I guess, but it was so linear it hurt.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No the thread that has been made was about the provinces being connected if I am right. For me it is a tie between Faron and Skyloft. I love the way Faron looks even though I liked it better when it was flooded but I also love Skyloft. I love to hang out there and explore things. Always searching for new things to discover

I liked Faron Woods the least actually, just because there were so easy and little enemies. My favorite was Lanayru desert by far! The timeshift stones and puzzles made it more fun then the others. Really creative stuff there.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I liked Faron. It was a pleasant area to look at, and made for a relaxing stroll around, without being completely boring. It was really cool underwater though.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
While Skyloft was okay as a town and had the best Silent Realm, I think the sky in general was executed rather poorly. Eldin was way too linear, and I never liked fire areas anyway.

That leaves me with the tough choice between Faron and Lanayru. Faron nailed that all-important exploration aspect of an adventure game (sans the anticlimactic Lake Floria area) and is home to Koloktos. On the other hand, every part of the Lanayru region featured puzzles that were far superior to the other regions, with the two dungeons being being my favorites. And while I've already praised Faron on its exploration, entering the Sand Sea area and exploring its islands - Skipper's Retreat, the Shipyard, et. al. - is simply MYSTifying - pun very much intended. The atmosphere of the area and its focus on past and present made it feel like a written age a la MYST. However, Lanayru Gorge is underwhelming and the Lanayru Desert is - like Eldin - rather linear. This is especially frustrating for the Desert since it's such an open area, yet everything's blocked off except for the one obvious path.

As much as I like the Sand Sea and the two Lanayru dungeons, I think Faron turns out to be the most well-formed region. The exploration of Faron Woods really captures that essence of Zelda that games like LoZ and OoT are praised for, and the Faron segment in the final stretch of the game (when it's flooded) has a much greater impact than the final segments of the other two regions (volcano eruption and Lanayru Gorge).

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
Tough decision. I love Faron because of the Kikwis, they are just the most adorable creatures ever. But I chose Lanayru because of the atmosphere, the music, the overall look. It's just beautiful.

This is a tough choice, but I surprised myself and chose Lanayru, because it's much more bigger than the other regions. I would have chosen Eldin if it had more room. The area that you gain access too after getting the earrings was disappointingly small, and the additional area in Faron wasn't too enjoyable because I don't really enjoy water areas that much (however I did LOVE the ancient cistern).

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Lanayru had everything for me, it was big, you could kind of explore in the clockwork-like part, the Sand sea was epic, Mine was decepcionating, but mining facility made up for it, it was my second favorite dungeon (Ancient Cistern FTW) and Sandship was also epic, it also had the ToT, which was one of my favorite story moments. The finishing was the Lightning round, one word, epic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom