• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Names

Claire

The Geekette
What are your favorite names? A name you wished you had growing up, a name you'd give to a future child, or even a future pet? List your favorite names, and for what that name would apply to, anything can apply - even a name for a future car if you are into that. ^^

When I was growing up, I wanted my parents to name me Desiree.

If I were to ever have a child, I would name them Evelyn Sofia and/or Nora Vera*.

When I can get a dog (I'm hoping a Shih Tzu, Papillon, or Lhasa Apso.. they are precious), I want to name him either Voltaire or her Curie.

*I only know of female names I like, I always thought those names were so pretty. But boys names can't be pretty or they are taunted through life.

I wish some people actually had the name Claire Bear Dragon or Bucket. :P

Other than that, I'm a simple kind of guy, which is why I just like names like Joshua (of course) and John.

Claire

The Geekette
I wish some people actually had the name Claire Bear Dragon or Bucket. :P

Other than that, I'm a simple kind of guy, which is why I just like names like Joshua (of course) and John.

The major downfall with simple names, are many of them are common names. From what you are saying, it sounds like you are more into names such as Sarah and Paul. I mean, I do not know how many girls I've met named Ashley, Nicole, and Kara - or boys named John, Cody, or Shawn. I have an easier time remembering someone with a less common name, such as Hayden, Nico, and Maxana.

Kybyrian

What are your favorite names? A name you wished you had growing up, a name you'd give to a future child, or even a future pet? List your favorite names, and for what that name would apply to, anything can apply - even a name for a future car if you are into that. ^^

When I was growing up, I wanted my parents to name me Desiree.

If I were to ever have a child, I would name them Evelyn Sofia and/or Nora Vera*.

When I can get a dog (I'm hoping a Shih Tzu, Papillon, or Lhasa Apso.. they are precious), I want to name him either Voltaire or her Curie.

*I only know of female names I like, I always thought those names were so pretty. But boys names can't be pretty or they are taunted through life.

I will feel sorry for your children to know what torment they will suffer in school and the years after. I am completely truthful.

Anyway, Wyatt is like my favorite name because it's my name.

Vladimir too, even though it's Russian. It's an awesome name.

Not much else...

Amelie

Air Dancer
I like my name just fine ^^ but if I had a daughter I would name her Natalie I think ^^

And if I had a son I would name him JoJo.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I like my own name (Saskia) a lot eventhough it's quite common in the netherlands. I also like the names Manon, Ilona (girlsnames) and Joris, Mark (boysnames)

Claire

The Geekette
I will feel sorry for your children to know what torment they will suffer in school and the years after. I am completely truthful.

Not much else...

How would you feel sorry for them? Evelyn and Nora aren't crazy names, nor are they that uncommon. Evelyn was the 55th, and Nora was the 242nd most common name given to a baby girl in 2007.

Amelie

Air Dancer

Not much else...

I wonder how many other people share your idea. Last I checked it is more interesting to have a unique name then one everyone else has.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
For girls i like Alexandra, Evelyn, Nadja, Anna, Sophie, and Monique

For boys I like Gabriel, Raphael, Kurt, Chris, Adam...

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
The only name I'm interested in is giving a future son is Brett, after my best friend who passed away in elementary school.

Claire

The Geekette
The only name I'm interested in is giving a future son is Brett, after my best friend who passed away in elementary school.

Aw, that's nice of you. My sister's daughter is named after my little sister who passed away - and her middle name after our grandpa and the father's grandma (Rae June). When it comes time for a little brother or sister, the name picked for a sister will be Casey Anne - since my sister's friend recently passed away in an automobile accident.

That is also why I like the name Vera, because it is my great grandmother's first name.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Cool thread.

But, if i dont really like my name. im used to it but it is just so boring! I like the names nikki, lizzy, hope, pace` and patience. but for boys i like the name randy and liam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom