• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Movie

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
It's hard to say any 1 favorite movie .. if I had a gun to my head and was forced to choose one, it would be Heat. Outstanding cast, great acting, and a mixture of a little of everything ... action (one of my favorite action scenes of all time), drama, suspense, some comedy. Though it's a 3 hour movie, it doesn't play like one.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Eh, the first few off the top of my head:

Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet (probably my favorite at the moment. it's basically an unabridged version of the original play, except set in the 19th century. it's four hours, but the acting/casting is SUPER:cool:
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
All six Star Wars movies
Braveheart
Labyrinth
The Princess Bride

And lots and lots of musicals/Disney movies.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Well, I've already said Spirited Away, Ghostbusters, and Kung Fu Panda. I freaked out when I noticed this post today. It's been a while since I've watched it, but it's defiantly one of my favourites. The Outsiders. I loved the book and movie so much! Ohh, just thinking about it makes me want to buy the book and movie right now! x3

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
Without a doubt, 100%, with every ounce of my heart and mind, Donnie Darko.
I really can't do it any justice, but the acting was imensley believable, the characters enticing, and the whole story a beautiful mix of love and meloncholy. I'm not as partial to Richard Kelly's later work, but this movie is simply brilliant.

And really, what other movies have a main character who wears a demonic bunny suit?

Also, now that I've seen more strange films, I can add to my list...

2. A Clockwork Orange - There's a reason this movie is referenced so often. It deserves it. To see that now it's 40 years old and everything is still as sharp as when Kubrick first put it out, I can't help but love every second of it.
3. Being John Malkovich - quite the concept we have here. Very interesting, I always like to question if the ending was just or not.
4. The Machinist - Gotta love the way they shot it; I can't pick out more than a handful of shots with sunlight present. Add an emaciated Christian Bale and a story consisting of a mix of memory, paranoia, and an uncertain reality, and you've got a great film.
5. Requiem for a Dream - This one is my least favorite, as for some reason Jared Leto annoys me in his main role. I can't explain it, it just makes the film a bit more difficult for me. Still, it's an interesting concept; exploring addiction made for an interesting movie.

(Can we all pretend S. Darko was never made?)

Last edited:

Tak

Game Over
My favorite movie is probably the Lion King or Pochahontus. (not sure if that's the correct spelling)

Other than that, I like Titanic, Avatar, Paranormal Activity and The Hangover.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
The Hangover is my favorite movie. It was hysterical. I think that was the best movie I have seen in a while. Lol. That and Toy Story 3

G

Gold

They are so many good Movies but if I had to pick one I'd have to go with " Rain man " .

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Any and all Pixar movies. It's hard even to pick a favorite among them. Monster Inc, Wall-E, Up, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo...they all have their own strengths. They'd be my top five, in no particular order, and the others I haven't mentioned following close behind.

I was in high school when Clueless came out, and it's one of my favorite romantic comedies. If you've never seen it, don't be fooled by the way it looks. It's loosely based on the plot of Austen's Emma, set in a modern-day Beverly Hills high school. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a parody of teen movies because the movie, in the end, is affectionate toward its characters and has a lot of heart. But it is snarky in its own way and has some hilariously quotable lines.

Also, Bend it Like Beckham. It's about an Indian girl who plays soccer (to those of us in the US - but "football" since it's set in England) but that causes conflict with her traditional parents and their dreams for her. It handles the subject well and it's funny to boot.

My top 5 of all-time:
1. The Godfather
2. Goodfellas
3. Raging Bull
4. The Godfather II
5. City of God

0. The Legend of Zelda Movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom