• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Favorite Credits/ending Sequence

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I was a little surprised not to find a thread like this...did I overlook it?

Of the Zelda game's you've played, what was your favorite ending? I'll link to the ones I've played with some brief personal commentary.

Original Legend of Zelda

"Thanks, Link, you're the hero of Hyrule!" Well, at least she says thanks. :)

A Link to the Past

I never quite got the significance of "Vultures rule the desert," and "Your uncle recovers" always slays me. (Yes, he recovered. From death.)

Ocarina of Time

Classic. And imo, in the process of "tying ends up", has just as much impact on the story as the gameplay. For one, it splits the timeline.

Majora's Mask

Love how it's affected by your gameplay, and how the scenes show how you affected people instead of just returning to the location (Cremia is now encouraging Romani in her archery, Ruto...uh...Lulu has made it to her gig, and of course, there's the wedding...)

The Wind Waker

Bubbles? The credits show bubbles? But I knew beforehand about Ganondorf's death scene was coming and it still shocked me, so there's that. Just shorter cutscenes than I expected.

Twilight Princess

Very pretty, though to me, it suffers a bit from "look at all the pretty places" instead of showing resolutions.

So of these, my favorite is actually...AlttP. Unintentional hilarity aside, it's a completely happy ending, it shows resolutions, and it hits upon a bunch of different characters. Nothing for me to dislike! Majora's Mask comes in second, though.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
This is a hard one. ALttP, OoT, and MM had very good endings. I'm not exactly sure which to choose between those three.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I hate the end scenes and credits.

I always feel sad when I finish a Zelda game. I find it so disheartening because you finish a game, and then you have to...leave. I develop emotional ties to characters in the games. That's just one of my...strange reactions.

As for the credits, they are always way too long. I wish that they would let you skip the credits or have something to do while the credits roll (some games feature exclusive minigames during the credits).

As for my favorite ending, I think my favorite would be the Minish Cap. I thought the idea of Ezlo returning from his hat form was...interesting.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I always liked the ending to A Link to the Past. It fit the whole "happily ever after" fairytale thing. It showed that Link made a very sefless wish, which to me, only further underlines his being a hero that is pure of heart. Pretty much, he wished things right. The king was back, his "uncle" was back, people twisted by the Dark World were returned to their original forms, and Hyrule was once again at peace. The music was pretty triumphant, too, so it enhanced that "I finally beat the game!" feeling. After the ending sequence, the game rolled into the credits which had one of the most beautiful Zelda songs so far.

After ALttP, I have to say I love AoL's ending. It was simple, but the kiss behind the curtain thing was pretty cute. The hero got a reward, yaaaay!

I liked.... some of TP's ending. The whole Midna parting thing was really touching to me, mainly because of Link's reaction. He doesn't say anything, just gasps, but that time... there was a lot of emotion in his voice. He was surprised, and seemingly upset that she was leaving. At least, that's how I interpreted it. After that, though, the plain ol' scene by scene thing bored me.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Personally, I feel that TP's ending was my favorite. Every time that I watch it, I cry. It just always gets to me. It's so beautiful. The music was phenomenal. I couldn't have pictured a better way to end TP than the way Nintendo had it end. It was excellent. Midna leaving...*tear*...so sad.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Gah! I find it hard for me to choose between ALttP, MM, and OoT's ending, because I like them all! But, alas, I must choose.

Hmm... I think that MM's ending is my ultimate favorite out of those three. I liked how it was set up with there being certain pieces of the ending playing only if you had gotten the mask that was relevant towards that scene. It made me more determined to get all of the masks so that I way I could see the full ending in how it was meant to be seen. And after I did get all of the masks and saw the full ending, it felt like all my hard work had payed off and that I had made the inhabitants of Termina have a happier ending. :)

Another thing I liked was the music that played. I love how it changed for certain scenes in order to fit in with how the inhabitants of Termina were celebrating the Carnival of Time, Anju and Kafei's wedding, etc.

Man, talking about this ending makes me want to go watch it now. :xd:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Gah! I find it hard for me to choose between ALttP, MM, and OoT's ending, because I like them all! But, alas, I must choose.

Hmm... I think that MM's ending is my ultimate favorite out of those three. I liked how it was set up with there being certain pieces of the ending playing only if you had gotten the mask that was relevant towards that scene. It made me more determined to get all of the masks so that I way I could see the full ending in how it was meant to be seen. And after I did get all of the masks and saw the full ending, it felt like all my hard work had payed off and that I had made the inhabitants of Termina have a happier ending. :)

Another thing I liked was the music that played. I love how it changed for certain scenes in order to fit in with how the inhabitants of Termina were celebrating the Carnival of Time, Anju and Kafei's wedding, etc.

Man, talking about this ending makes me want to go watch it now. :xd:

Really? I didn't know that about MM. When I first played it I was so obsessed about getting all the masks that when I first beat it, I nearly had them all. So I didn't notice the credits change the second tim earound. Well, you learn something new everyday.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Of all the ending sequences from the Zelda games that I've played, my favorite ending sequence must be the one from MM. The farewells, the music, the glimpses into the lives you made better, all are done masterfully. Everything is tied up nicely, but still leaves room for imagination.

The wedding was, I think, probably my favorite scene. The sidequest leading up to it was so difficult and interesting, that It was very rewarding to see them finally get married after all the trouble you go to in order to get them together.

The Deku Butler was also a favorite scene of mine, because of the sense of sadness you get. As the theory goes, the tree that the Deku Butler can be seen next to was probably his son, who may have been killed my Majora in order to turn Link into a deku scrub. Watching this scene, it is very interesting seeing how everything in the game comes together so neatly.

I also liked the last scene, with the picture drawn on the tree stump. It gives a great sense of finality to the game, especially when 'The End' comes up and you hear a bit of Saria's Song play.

Overall, the ending sequence to MM was the most memorable for me, and I really enjoyed seeing what happened to everyone. I couldn't have been happier with the ending.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
For me it was Oot, MM, And TP.

They were all, to me, really large reliefs after the long drawn out plots for the game.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'm going with the OP and say that the ending of aLttP was the best one and MM comes close. The ending of aLttP almost made me cry ;) And I don't think that the uncle was dead in the first place, it doesn't say so anywhere in the game, maybe he just fell unconcious? At least that's my conclusion from the ending. While the game makes you think that he has died, the ending tells that he hasn't.
About OoT's ending. I'm one of the very few people out there who actually don't believe that the scene with Zelda actually implies a timeline split. My interpretation is very simple: She just sends Link back to his "original time" so that he can relive his "lost years", nothin less and nothing more than that. It doesn't say anywhere that Ganon isn't beaten after that happens, who says that Link doesn't eventually grow up after that and beats the **** out of Ganon anyway? But I don't want to start a timeline debate here, that's nothing for me.

A

Adolf Wolf

OoT has always had my favorite ending. Everything about it is perfect. IMHO, in OoT, from the moment after Ganon's tower collapses to the end of the credits, well, that's pretty much the best segment of any video game EVER. Again, imo.

Worst? TWW's. Yeah ... bubbles ...

And although I don't really like TP, I do really like Midna, she's probably my favorite ally from any of the games, perhaps second only to Tatl. Anyway, yeah I teared up a little at the very end of TP when she said her usual phrase "Link ... see you later ..."

I like the ending of OoT It was really cool with the church bells and the puting the master sword to rest. Also I like the little cut seens were everyones happy at the end.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
I'm kind of going backwards and saying I like MM's ending before ALttP. I liked how the changing credits thing gave it something to do after you beat it. ALttP's ending is still very awesome too, and like you, I don't know why vultures rule the desert. Maybe Link likes vultures :lol:, I also like the sign guy's cameo in that scene, where he goes from hobo to being rich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom