• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Book Series

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Simple, what is your favorite book series?

Mine is either Lord of the Rings, or the Prydain Chronicles. I haven't finished either of them but I'm reading them now.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
The Edge Chronicles, great book series. I really recommend It. I never finished It because I can't find the fifth book on stores, but I will. someday.

I would have to say The Lord of the Rings and probably Harry Potter. I'm also quite fond of the Inheritance Cycle seeing as Eragon is rather similar to Lord of the Rings, it's a good series.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Book series? Hum... would it be absolutely nerdy of me to say Mass Effect? Or better yet, Halo. The games are an atrocity and should be burned, but the books are amaaaaazing!

Here are some* of my favorite books:

• Out of My Mind – Sharon Draper
• The Darkest Age Trilogy – A.J. Lake
• The Legend of Zelda: Manga Collection – Akira Himekawa
• Percy Jackson and the Olympians – Rick Riordan
• And Then There Were None (Ten Little Indians) – Agatha Christie
• The Immortals Series – Alyson Noël
• Tears of a Tiger – Sharon Draper
• Speak – Laurie Halse Anderson

Yeah, Sharon Draper visited my school a while back and I got a copy of her "Out of My Mind" book autographed a week before it was released in stores. It was a really good book! I highly suggest you guys should read it. And he figurative language is just amazing!

*These are books I have recently read and liked them quite a bit. Yes, I am aware some aren't really series, but they are really good for recommendations.

Last edited:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I don't read at all anymore, but the only series as such that I ever got into was Harry Potter. Even still, I'm nowhere near as into it as I used to be. Perhaps when I finish school I'll be able to get back into books and find something else.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
The Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling and The Overlander Chronicals by Suzanne Collins tie for me.
I'm also partial to Artemis Fowl and the Chronicals of Narnia.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy first comes to mind. Although that should be quite obvious by now, if you paid any attention to my irrelevant signature.
Then there's Empire of the Ants. It may not be the most well-written book of all time(and you most likely never heard about it.), but it sure as hell got my attention and immersion is one of the most important aspects of a good story. Which is why I hate to ask; why wasn't the third part released outside France again?

Claire

The Geekette
Aside from the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Sherlock Holmes series, there aren't many that have gotten my attention. I've never been a huge fan of fiction, though I used to read fiction rather frequently. In about 8th grade I ditched reading fiction at my leisure and began to pick up more nonfiction. As many of you are aware, series aren't too common within the realm of science nonfiction, but there are some. In fact, Wiley's Bad Science series has managed to captivate me from the very beginning. I'd absolutely recommend it.

My favorite book series... it would have to be Harry Potter or Artemis Fowl. Those are the only actual series I can read... I don't read a lot anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom