• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Book Series

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Raymond E Feist's The Riftwar Cycle will probably be my favorite series of books for the rest of my life. His writting is inspiratio,n and he has been writting professionally for something like 30 years now. The Riftwar Cycle (as Ray likes to call it) is comprised of over 25 books and is still in the works. It takes a little more than a year for each new book to come out and i don't think there will be to many left in the series but if you like Zelda I would say check these books out! His books are read in different countries around the world and he is an international bestseller! I think his last book got in the top 10 list of must read books for some magazine like the NY time? not sure but what im trying to say is that if your reading this post and you really like books at least check it out.

The Soldier Son Trilogy BY Robin Hobb was another great series.Also Ursala K Le Guin's The Earthsea Quartet, and The Farsala Trilogy by Hilari Bell was Serious!

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I really liked the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I highly recommend it. Has anyone ever heard of The Mysterious Benedict Society? I was very pleased with that book, and want to start the sequel soon.

You know, embarrassingly, I don't do a lot of reading. Not much at all actually. So, I tend to not read much of even series I like a lot.

One series I've been able to read quite a lot of, and has become one of my favorites, is the Underland Chronicles. It's an odd, little known (as far as I know) series about a kid who's dropped into an underground world where he meets talking rats, cockroaches, bats, etc.. It's very interesting, with some intriguing political messes and a fairly dark storyline. I've read the first three. I have the fourth one lying around, I just haven't read it yet... :?

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
My favorite series would either have to be the Harry Potter series or the Inheritance Cycle. I can't wait for the final part to come out.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Well...Since Harry Potter is finished, I continued moving on.

So My favorites as of this day are Harry Potter, The 39 Clues, and Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Now I'm just waiting for the new book of The 39 Clues.
I also read books made by specific authors as well, besides J.K. Rowling, I also read books by Dan Brown.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I've been thinking for what I'd say in this thread for a while now. I guess I can't say I really have a favourite, but I'm gonna pick two for this thread.

A year or two ago a friend let me borrow a book called "The Lost Years of Merlin." I fell in love with the book, and I asked her if I could borrow the rest of the series from her. She let me borrow them, and I loved it. I really want to read them all again, too.

After I read "The Lost Years of Merlin" epic, my friend let me borrow "The Great Tree of Avalon." It was a trilogy that was made after "The Lost Years of Merlin." It followed a few years after the epic. I eventually found "The Great Tree of Avalon" as one of the most amazing trilogies I've ever read.

This girl needs to start reading more again. I love to read but I never seem to have the time or energy anymore. Blaah. But as far as favorite series go, they would include Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and (right now) the Wheel of Time series. Still in the first book, and it's really good so far. There's a few more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I really like the fantasy genre though - this thread seems to have a ton of good suggestions.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
This girl needs to start reading more again. I love to read but I never seem to have the time or energy anymore. Blaah. But as far as favorite series go, they would include Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and (right now) the Wheel of Time series. Still in the first book, and it's really good so far. There's a few more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I really like the fantasy genre though - this thread seems to have a ton of good suggestions.

Ah yes, Wheel of Time. One of my favorites! Be prepared to be frustrated with waiting for the last two books if you read that far!

Kirino

Tatakae
My favorite is definetly A Series of Unfortanate events.IIts really good.I HIGHLY reccomend it.Theres 13 books.there is a movie but that only shows the first 3 books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom