• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do not like Moe's earlier posts, I stopped and did a little math in my head using both my own knowledge and the probability others supplied for me earlier.

Vote: Rubik

You are NOT who you say you are. I will stand by that even through my own death if I have to.

Also going to sleep now, back in the morning.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don’t really think YIGA is suspicious, since his ridiculous behavior and bizarre strategies seem pretty reminiscient of last game; if anything, it tempts me to town read him like I did there, and for the same reason. I agree that his stated recklessness and disregard for himself is bad play, but it seems like an acceptable explanation for his meta.

Krow is weird and I don’t know what he’s doing, but I have a hard time imagining his actions as scum. I’m kind of tempted to read his Rubik vote as town-indicative too, since I doubt scum would feel a need to try so hard and so confidently to lynch a survivor who most of us have already agreed not to lynch.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Can we also get who’s not voting?

Can’t believe this game only started last night, so suppose I better get started on the ol lynch thing.

Idk boutchu people but I think funnier is a bad lynch today, obvious town tbh. Definitely don’t want Yiga gone either. I would be staying on Rubik just cause he seems the same post-all-the-time-lets-talk-about-mechanics-all-day Rubik and while I think having him stick around as a survivor is probably a bad idea in the long run I’m fairly sure claiming survivor immediately in a semi open setup as mafia is pretty unlikely.

Anyway I propose storma to be dead today.

Unvote

Vote: Storma

Hmm, I feel like this is just to get the suspicion off you. You don't explain why you think I should be lynched. I understand my inactivity, but I was busy a lot today, I should be open the rest of the game.

Explain your vote on me or else you will have 3 votes on your.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
While I do not like Moe's earlier posts, I stopped and did a little math in my head using both my own knowledge and the probability others supplied for me earlier.

Vote: Rubik

You are NOT who you say you are. I will stand by that even through my own death if I have to.

Also going to sleep now, back in the morning.
What role do you think Rubix has?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
As long as your name is Krow and his name is Storm and both are alive, I will continue to make storm crow jokes. It's part of being a magic player.

The reason I think there's exactly 1 scum in funnier/minish/yiga is because yiga is actually my partner and I'm trying to take lynch pressure off of him by lumping him with my other partner and saying there's one scum.

So either you're claiming cult, a suicidal mafia, or you're a Jester. Otherwise you're spewing nonsense.

D) It's a joke

Congrats, your word is now worthless to me.

What is even going on right now? Either Moe just hinted he is a Cult member, and so is Crow, or he may be suggesting they are Masons.

People the setup is semi-open lol, if you have a question read the setup or ask the host
I mean, If you think I outed both my wolf partners in a single post you're welcome to think that but it's not gonna get you very far, especially in a bastard setup.

I don't understand why you're trying to read so far into something that could never have been more than a joke. I think there's a scum in that pool, I'm going to look for them. I think you're kind of taking this to an extreme.

Well you asked a dumb question. How could I possibly know for sure how many scum are in funnier/yiga/minish? Either I'm a wolf or I don't, and it's a stupid play for a wolf to make, so I just obviously am taking a guess and sharing my thoughts. I'm trying to be open in this relationship bb and you're making it really hard

@A Link In Time

REED IT

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Maybe I can put into words my feelings about funnier/minish/yiga. Funnier is definitely suspicious to me, so I think he's just the wolf in there. If he is a wolf I don't see minish being so wishywashy as his partner- she claims to know certainly when he's going to be a wolf, why throw that away?
If funnier is town, minish could be setting up for a position where she can hop on the wagon without looking suspicious for it.
Then yiga is just there because I don't like being wrong and don't think he's aligned with either funnier or minish.

It's stuff like this that makes me just call it a guess
oops forgot one. this too.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
You are NOT who you say you are.
Idk why you're so certain of that.

If you're trying to soft that you're also a survivor or something, counterclaiming has no restrictions on it and we can both be subject to nightkills until the remaining players are certain that there isn't a jester among us.

If you have some other reason for doubting my claim, I'd love to hear you actually articulate it.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman

If you're trying to soft that you're also a survivor or something, counterclaiming has no restrictions on it and we can both be subject to nightkills until the remaining players are certain that there isn't a jester among us.

If you have some other reason for doubting my claim, I'd love to hear you actually articulate it.
That's what I think is happening here. Mostly because softing any other role this early and calling attention to it would be suicide. Mafia would definitely NK Krow if they were softclaiming a town power role, before Krow would even be able to use his ability.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
That's what I think is happening here. Mostly because softing any other role this early and calling attention to it would be suicide. Mafia would definitely NK Krow if they were softclaiming a town power role, before Krow would even be able to use his ability.
There's no logical reason for town to soft anything D1 (unless they're lying) and any other alignment softing would also be kind of silly.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Moe's humor may not always come across super well, but that post was pretty blatantly a joke post. No real reason to read into it and think that he's actually claiming scum. If people took posts like that seriously we'd always be mislynching people.

I'm just going to be blunt, this is a bad way to play mafia.

Being selfish and only playing your game doesn't help town out at all and takes the fun out of this being a team game. If everyone did that the thread would devolve into chaos and we'd never get anything done. Just because you're right occasionally doesn't mean your plans are working. Tbh, they serve as a distraction more than anything.

You shouldn't be sacrificing your safety to play an individual game. That defeats the whole purpose of even playing. Be a team player and maybe people would stop finding you scummy all the time.
I can't be a great team player when I dont know who my team is. My individualness alloes me to gain a brtter knowledge of who is my team, and I then become better. Once again, chronic laziness is also at fault, and I am Working on it

That's literally a scumtell.

No wonder I think you're scum basically every game.
Yeah. The time you didn't, I knew you were scum, because I was trying to be scummy, knowing anyone in their right mind would suspect me. You all have probably figured that that is my strategy a lot now, amd as a part of trying to better myself as a player I am revealing my strategy so I can no longer rely solely on it in the helps of bettering our team.

Do you really think I'd just lynch a survivor? (Irl yrs) No. I got exactly what I wanted from you all when you judged me for it because that was the plan. You all fall for it because it is so normal for you to see me do weird ****.

Ok?

This is the first step to recovery from my deadly illness

Also I don't wanna die, and you womt want me dead either:

Vote storma

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Never said I was good at it, just that others need to be more observant. Also fine with me, I'm getting tired of talking about the survivor thing two.

Yeah, I'm guessing this post is doubling down on a survivor soft claim with the "survivor thing two". Though I don't know why Krow would be so quick to vote Rubik and say he's lying when there's the possibility of two survivors in this setup. It would be a ballsy move for Rubik to claim survivor right away like that when we can kinda confirm certain setup possibilities with flips later on. Either Krow and Rubik are both telling the truth and are survivors, allowing us to narrow down the setup a little more. Or one of them is lying, and could be potential Jester. In which case I doubt Rubik would be Jester and would lean more towards the possibility of Krow being it.

Minish's post about funnier seemed weird to me. It struck me as an opportunity to leave wiggle room for a funnier lynch later on. Most games in recent memory, Minish is almost always certain of her read of funnier.

That's fair, and it can come across that way. I do get more certain of my read on funnier as the game goes on, but in the beginning I'll have some doubts in the back of my head. Like last game after I was nk'd I actually thought funnier might've been scum then, but as the game went on I felt good about town reading him (even though I wasn't even in the game anymore, just keeping up with it). The reason for my post about funnier earlier actually came about because Rubik asked about why funnier is obvious scum when he's scum, and I realized I couldn't remember any certain tells to answer him, so figured maybe after playing with funnier for so long I've become too comfortable with reading him and he'll be able to fool me now.

I'll post some more about other stuff later. Just woke up and wanted to reply to these two things while I was reading through.

Still rather new to the game, so trying not to role claim accidentally before I'm able to. Thank you Minish and Doc for figuring it out, though I can safely promise I am no Jester, word of mouth is useless and you all can waste your time speculating otherwise if you want. Though if I do die, you'll all just look suspiciously at Rubik afterwards.

Basically dumbing down my already apparently dumb plays:

I don't believe your claim and I am countering it. I don't know what other role you possibly are, but I'm trusting a feeling that I'm right. Assuming the slight chance we both are Survivors, we go down together and I leave this game with more experience.

With that addressed I intend to help the town as much as possible until I die (probably tonight), what will you do Rubik?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Still rather new to the game, so trying not to role claim accidentally before I'm able to. Thank you Minish and Doc for figuring it out, though I can safely promise I am no Jester, word of mouth is useless and you all can waste your time speculating otherwise if you want. Though if I do die, you'll all just look suspiciously at Rubik afterwards.

Basically dumbing down my already apparently dumb plays:

I don't believe your claim and I am countering it. I don't know what other role you possibly are, but I'm trusting a feeling that I'm right. Assuming the slight chance we both are Survivors, we go down together and I leave this game with more experience.

With that addressed I intend to help the town as much as possible until I die (probably tonight), what will you do Rubik?
I don't especially have much confidence in your claim, but it is technically possible.

I'm hoping that you'll flip tonight as something non-survivor and I won't also have to deal with getting lynched/killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom