• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Personally, I'm not loving the Storma wagon. I'm not sure why people are pushing that direction - nothing he's really done has seemed lynchworthy imo.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Which wagons do you feel the worst about? Are there any you feel you could really get behind?

That's a good question. Probably too good of a question for me to answer it on my phone. I'll raincheck that until later tonight.

Personally, I'm not loving the Storma wagon. I'm not sure why people are pushing that direction - nothing he's really done has seemed lynchworthy imo.

He hasn't done anything "lynchworthy" because he hasn't done anything.

It's opportunistic, yeah, but I can understand doing a policy lynch in this situation.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
That's a good question. Probably too good of a question for me to answer it on my phone. I'll raincheck that until later tonight.

He hasn't done anything "lynchworthy" because he hasn't done anything.

It's opportunistic, yeah, but I can understand doing a policy lynch in this situation.
Fair. But imo, especially with how we run day ones, I don't mind people being inactive. If it were day 2 or 3 I'd advocate for a policy inactive lynch, but not this early in the game. This early in the game we need a flip that will tell us something.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
If we policy lynch D1 then we won't have much more information on D2 and be left in the same limbo. Because it was policy, anyone could make a valid point for that lynch, and therefore we wouldn't be able to get much off of it. It would be a useless lynch if he's town - which, statistically speaking, is more likely than not

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
A policy lynch d1 and a normal lynch d2 based on the results of the policy lynch and two days of voting patterns and discussion is likely to be stronger than a normal lynch d1 based on d1's voting patterns and discussion and a policy lynch d2.

Obviously the best thing is a normal lynch both d1 and d2, but the sooner you get a policy lynch out of the way, the better, imo.

I don't want to just talk about game-theory all game, though.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Spiritual mask salesman would be a fine lynch. Funnier is the best lynch today, yiga is a close runner up.

Please don't lynch storma, he hasn't DONE anything. It feels like a cop out, and we can do better with our d1.
How am I a fine lynch? What have I done that makes me suspicious to you? If you're going to randomly throw my name out there atleast give a reason, lol.

Kirino

Tatakae
I've noticed that funnier is being uncharacteristically inactive in comparison to last game, which made me take a look at his game history to confirm something: in nearly all cases, he's one of the most active players when town, and relatively inactive as scum; extrapolating this trend would lead to the conclusion that he's mafia here. When he does post, he seems more focused on set-up and miscellaneous things rather than actual questioning and scumhunting as in last game, even though I initially excused him for this due to the Rubik situation.

Moreover, if he is scum, then suggesting a policy lynch on stormageden would be a safe and easy way to deflect attention from himself; it's not necessarily a bad move for the town in the absence of other targets, but him suggesting it this early makes me particularly suspicious.

Vote: funnier6

The main factor preventing me from being as confident in this as I would like is the expectation that if he were scum, he would've tried to make the playstyle differences less apparent. In any case, I think it's better than a policy lynch on stormageden, not least because of the information it'd give.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've noticed that funnier is being uncharacteristically inactive in comparison to last game, which made me take a look at his game history to confirm something: in nearly all cases, he's one of the most active players when town, and relatively inactive as scum; extrapolating this trend would lead to the conclusion that he's mafia here. When he does post, he seems more focused on set-up and miscellaneous things rather than actual questioning and scumhunting as in last game, even though I initially excused him for this due to the Rubik situation.

Moreover, if he is scum, then suggesting a policy lynch on stormageden would be a safe and easy way to deflect attention from himself; it's not necessarily a bad move for the town in the absence of other targets, but him suggesting it this early makes me particularly suspicious.

Vote: funnier6

The main factor preventing me from being as confident in this as I would like is the expectation that if he were scum, he would've tried to make the playstyle differences less apparent. In any case, I think it's better than a policy lynch on stormageden, not least because of the information it'd give.
The wagon to bus Storma today feels wrong to me too. The issue here is I'm not aware of any player's nirmal playstyles, so it feels weird just taking others words for it.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Vote Tally:

Funnier: 2 (Moe, Kirino)
Yiga: 2 (Rubik, ALIT)
Storma: 3 (Storm, funnier, YIGA)
Krow: 1 (Deku)
Rubik: 1 (Krow)

Not voting: Storma, Minish, Spiritual, Doc

With 13 alive it takes 8 to reach majority. The day ends on Saturday June 16th at 6pm Pacific Time

However, if I'm gonna tryst one of them, it's going to be Rubik, since he claimed first. As much as I hate that he did it I understand why he did.

Exactly why I countered. I didn't want to claim but the fact he did this crap so early on screwed me. At that point, regardless of when someone inevitably called me out I would be called a liar for claiming since he "claimed first". He honestly should have just stayed quiet and we could have both just rode this out until town/mafia/or a jester (if we have one) wins. But of course you'd just trust him when he played the easiest possible card the literal exact moment he could do it.

Not to mention you've been on my back with almost every post Deku.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Exactly why I countered. I didn't want to claim but the fact he did this crap so early on screwed me. At that point, regardless of when someone inevitably called me out I would be called a liar for claiming since he "claimed first". He honestly should have just stayed quiet and we could have both just rode this out until town/mafia/or a jester (if we have one) wins. But of course you'd just trust him when he played the easiest possible card the literal exact moment he could do it.

Not to mention you've been on my back with almost every post Deku.
There's no reason why you couldn't just stay quiet and hope that the game ends before you get NK'd or lynched if you really were a 2nd survivor.

If we're both actually survivor, if we manage to wagon a jester or the lynchee today, we can both win this game today (assuming that those roles count as factions and triggers a game end). That said, I'm not really comfortable making that kind of assumption about the setup so definitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom