• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Environments You Want in the Overworld?

New Environment You Most Want In SS

• Ocean Front (with churning surf, beaches...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swamp (maybe a toxic or exotic, sludgy swamp)

• Jungle/Rainforest (full-on tropical area)

• Wasteland/Darkworld

• Under-water City (home of the Zoras, or ruins)

• Light Realm (a mystical land of the gods/sages)

• Other...describe...

• Total voters

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
So, we know, almost certainly, that we will get the following "areas" or "environments" in the new Zelda, because they are in almost all of the games:

Forrest
Field
Lake
Mountain
Snowy
Desert
Town

We also have confirmed that there will be Skyloft, so that is another:

Cloudland

But what else would you like to see? What is something unusual or that we are not guaranteed that would be really cool? My list is mainly to spark conversation and ideas...discovering new environments is one of my favorite parts of Zelda...

C

Crawfish Prime

I'd like a Shoreline based area. Termina did it nicely, and it helps to make the world not so boxed in.

A canyon with a river at the bottom like Termina would also be nice, but more leading to another town or area rather than the doom and gloom that was Ikana.

Maybe another town outside Castle town and Kakariko would be nice too.

octorok74

TETTAC
I would like an underwater city of the Zoras. I thought it was really neat how the Zoras had city under the sea in OoA, so having a city for them now would be pretty awesome. Plus, maybe Jabu-Jabu will return.

D

dsp2000

I chose the swamp because I loved the swamp area of Majora's Mask. I would just want them to make it bigger and darker.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I chose the swamp because I loved the swamp area of Majora's Mask. I would just want them to make it bigger and darker.

I liked the swamp in AoL too...I think it is something that deserves to return...they sort of had a swampy area in TP...at least they had that purple fog in the forest...

I would much prefer that the bring back the beach...that to me really should be in all Zelda games. It was in the first one, and in LA, used to great effect in MM, and of course WW was basically all beach front...

I voted for a light realm. Every other option has been used at least once (I'm not so sure about the Jungle).The sacred realm has never been explored by Link. After this area is completed the Skyward Sword would probably become the Master Sword too, so I would love for a light realm to be included.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I choosed; Jungle/Forest (full on tropical area), because I want a real forest. I know thats alot to ask, but I want to be able to walk in beetween individual trees and see vines, birds etc. Just a little bit more than in TP.

Also I would like to see an Underground Ocean I think that would be cool!!! :D

Kybyrian

It'd be nicer is this was a multiple choice poll. I'd really like to see the underwater city of Zoras that you mentioned, and something like a swamp and the oceanfront. It seems that Majora's Mask had all but the underwater city of Zoras, actually. Their city wasn't underwater in MM, right?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
It'd be nicer is this was a multiple choice poll. I'd really like to see the underwater city of Zoras that you mentioned, and something like a swamp and the oceanfront. It seems that Majora's Mask had all but the underwater city of Zoras, actually. Their city wasn't underwater in MM, right?

I almost made this multiple choice...but I figured everybody would just check everything...I mean who wold not want all of these areas and more? Mostly this was just supposed to be a conversation starter...there are probable lots of good ideas that we are still missing...

Also, MM did not really have a jungle, or an underwater city, or a light realm, or a wasteland/darkworld.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I want a place that deserted and empty with barely any enemies. I want it to be dark and scary to the point where you jump when an enemy attacks you. Maybe a few trees and some bushes, but nothing else.

Diablo

King of Redeads
I would like a desert wasteland like in Oot but expanded. It would be cool if they put a little oasis village somewhere in the wastelands too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom