• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Enter at Your Own Risk... *Shipping thread*

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
...because this is a shipping thread. But if you're okay with possibly being pelted with tomatoes(I don't think I'll do that, but idk about others) read on.

We all know the most popular ship is the SS Zelink, the SS not standing for Skyward Sword in this context, but state ship. My question is, when do you support it and when not?

My list:

Supported:
Skyward Sword(Obvious, this is the strongest instance of Zelink in the series imo.)
Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass(Technically Telink, but works.)

Neutral:
Ocarina of Time(They hardly interact at all. It would be an arranged marriage if it did happen.)
Minish Cap(Might work...it's a much weaker childhood friend kind of thing than in SS.)
Spirit Tracks(A bond is developed, but not as strong as in SS.)

Not supported:
Twilight Princess(Similar to OoT, if it happened, it would be an arranged marriage. But, I would prefer him to be with a fellow warrior like Ashei.)

So, you don't have to include the whole series in your list, just the ones you have opinions on. *puts up tomato shield*

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I am not a fan of Zelda and Link ever, actually. Skyward Sword is the only one where I feel like it could happen, but its not like I support it. I just understand that it is the one that makes sense. The others though, I don't really see it. Zelda and Link just haven't ever struck me as compatible, mostly because 99% of the time, Zelda is a royal princess and Link is a small village kid. They are two separate worlds, and regardless of how they work together, Link would never be able to handle the royal life (unless he has the courage to do it!) I am more fond of Link being with characters like Malon or Ilia (oh god, forgive me!). Others who come from a similar environment. I would support Saria if it weren't for the creepy pedophilia issues as he grows older.

Just to note, I do not actually ship Link and characters. Just if I had to, you know.

Dragoncat

99% of the time, Zelda is a royal princess and Link is a small village kid. They are two separate worlds, and regardless of how they work together, Link would never be able to handle the royal life (unless he has the courage to do it!)
This.

CraptainFalcon said:
I'm not really a fan of ZeLink. For me, I'd prefer MalLink, MidLink or AsheixLink. Yeah...
I agree with you on Malon and Ashei, but Midna...less likely than TP Zelink imo. Sure, they bonded, and his reaction to her true form and her response was priceless. But do you honestly see the twilis approving of their ruler marrying a light dweller, even if he is the hero who saved both worlds? All it would do is weaken the bloodline by adding hylian genes, that is if twili/hylian hybrids can even reproduce...if they're like hybrids in the real world, y'know?

Last edited:
Zelda and Link can't be together unless they don't have kids or if its in the very last game or possibly if there's enough time and enough new genetics added between generations in the games, otherwise future generations of Link and Zelda would be related to each other which would be inbreeding which is bad.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
This is kind of a spoiler for ALBW, but I just have to say,
Hildavio is my OTP. <3
I've wrote ZeLink for OoT, SS, and kind of-ish TP. For any game, ZeLink can be done well, or it can be done poorly. But I think I have to agree with most of your list. SS is definitely the easiest to write it for, and TP is by FAR the hardest. I mean, Zelda only sees him in his hunan form at the very end of the game. Not much time for romance, there...

But the one thing I have to disagree with you is... Spirit Tracks didn't have a strong enough bond? Whaaat? They traveled with each other the whole game! They held hands at the end! How is that not strong enough? D:

TetLink is pretty good, too, but really? It's stronger than ST? They barely get any interaction in TWW. There's clearly some kind of friendship that forms between them despite that, but I find it hard to believe that it's stronger than an adventure where the pair literally spend every waking moment working together, overcoming challenges.

Also, Shadow Blade's right. If you're accepting the idea that all the Links are descended from each other, then ZeLink definitely doesn't work... except maybe in ST and TP, since they're at the ends of their respective timelines.

I agree with you on Malon and Ashei, but Midna...less likely than TP Zelink imo. Sure, they bonded, and his reaction to her true form and her response was priceless. But do you honestly see the twilis approving of their ruler marrying a light dweller, even if he is the hero who saved both worlds?
I see Midna not caring and marrying him anyway. XD

Not that I'm a major supporter of MidLink. Ever since I tested out romance in an OoT story, I've kind of been against most pairings in general, except as a side feature in stories.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
This.

I agree with you on Malon and Ashei, but Midna...less likely than TP Zelink imo. Sure, they bonded, and his reaction to her true form and her response was priceless. But do you honestly see the twilis approving of their ruler marrying a light dweller, even if he is the hero who saved both worlds? All it would do is weaken the bloodline by adding hylian genes, that is if twili/hylian hybrids can even reproduce...if they're like hybrids in the real world, y'know?

I honestly think Midna wouldn't give a ****. Neither would Link.

But then again, I don't think of romances in Zelda much. I only play the games for the epicness and story.

Mido

Version 1
I have to be honest, as cheesy and weird as it can be, I kind of enjoy seeing where Link traverses with his way with the ladies. :xd: Anyways, here's the score:

Dragoncat, I definitely agree with your list as a whole. The only think that I would switch around is the Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks ones. Wind Waker, I saw Link and Tetra interact more as friends in my opinion, mainly based on their actions. I have not played Phantom Hourglass, so I can't elaborate more on that. So as a whole, the most prominent ZeldaxLink examples would be found in Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks.

Ocarina of Time, I can definitely see the Malon and Link relationship build up. I mean, I'm not a big supporter of it, but it makes sense and it's definitely plausible in my opinion.

Twilight Princess, that game's a tricky one! I would probably go support the Midna and Link ship, mostly because of their chemistry. Another that comes to mind is Ilia and Link, the whole awkward childhood friend scheme, but only that reason alone. (Which could be awkward, I'm honestly not much of a supporter of this. :awkward: ) I do want to say that CraptainFalcon caught me off guard with the Ashei/Link grouping! Interesting!

Well, that's all I have to say! :yes:

Malon and Link seems to be the most realistic and believable pairing. Nothing else makes a lick of sense, in my opinion, especially Midna and Link. That would just be weird, considering Midna appears to be, like, two feet taller than Link in her true form, and her personality and appearance clashes with Link's too much. I'm no relationship expert, but I can see it not working from several light years away. Wait, I just thought of another good pairing: Link and Marin, but then again, Marin's similarities to Malon... However, given the nature of such a hypothetical relationship (i.e., but a mere dream), it just wouldn't work—just imagination on my part. All in all, I can see a few "ZeldaxLink" pairings, or whatever you kids call it, working out, but they've never resonated very strongly with me. Thankfully.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I am possibly the only one who don't see a Malon and Link romance at all. I don't see any romances in the zelda stories probably because I don't care and because I play the game and see all characters as possible clues to solve the game in my own pace. But back to Malon /Link...I only see a girl who lost her father and Link had to search for him. She happened to live on the farm and Epona is on the same farm. But for me it ends there. Yes I like Malon and think she is a cute character but her and Link? No.
I support Link/Saria if there wasn't that one big difference between them. Link growing up, Saria staying a child. But this is one of the couples I would completely support if I were into shippings.
Zelda/Link had more interaction than TP Zelda/Link. Zelda was not that distant as she turned out to be in TP.

SS Zelda/Link definitely had something deeper going on than just friends. When Peatrice was after Link I was like get away woman he is spoken for!

Like I earlier said I'm not into shippings. It is fun to think about it though but it doesn't have my attention

Dragoncat

Zelda and Link can't be together unless they don't have kids or if its in the very last game or possibly if there's enough time and enough new genetics added between generations in the games, otherwise future generations of Link and Zelda would be related to each other which would be inbreeding which is bad.

If they get together in SS and have two kids, their first can be the ancestor of all the future Zeldas, their second can be the ancestor of MOST future Links(WW being an example of an exception). By the time OoT comes along, there's enough of a gap, that if there was an arranged marriage, the kids won't be born with 3 eyes. *shot* Okay so that's an exaggeration, while there has been mutations/genetic illnesses resulting from incest, nobody has had something as extreme as 3 eyes. Back in medieval times it was common for royalty to marry their cousin, the worst that I know of to come of it was people having blood that didnt clot at all, so they could bleed to death from a paper cut. But ANYWAY. Zelink in SS doesnt ruin anything.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman

Firstly, NO, I do not ship Zelda and Link, just want to point out the flaw in this...

There is nothing to suggest that every Zelda and Link are descendants of those in the past. The only one that was confirmed is TP, I think.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
Not something I really think about too much, so I don't have much to add. The ones I would support is Skyward Sword, this one is pretty evident, it happened. Also Windwaker...sorta, I believe they weren't anymore then friends in the game itself and later during and after the events of PH it turned into something more.

The ones I don't agree with is OoT and TP, for the same reasons you had. She was a Princess and he was a forest/farm boy, the only interaction they had was because he was the Hero and I think their relationship ended there. Beside I pretty sure Link would have gone for Minda in TP and Malon in OoT, but if Saria wasn't a koriki I would have said her.

Neutral on the rest, it could have happened and it could not have happened. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
"Enter at our own risk"? I would assume people have the common sense/courtesy to not bash or insult other people because of what they ship. We shouldn't HAVE to enter at our own risk.

/tangent

I think my biggest OTP for the Zelda series would be Skyward Sword Zelink. Those two are very close in-game; closer than any other Link and Zelda in past games. They seem to have great chemistry. Plus, I kind of like the idea of childhood friends having crushes on each other. I think that's really cute.

Besides SS Zelink, I also ship
Hildavio. Those two are also really cute together, and it's obvious that Ravio really cares about Hilda, judging from the dialogue between them at the end of the game.

Link x Malon is also pretty cute. I like to think that Link is the knight on horseback that Malon has been waiting for, as stated by one of the gossip stones. I also really enjoy Link x Marin since they could technically go on a date in the game. The text even said "Is this your big chance?", which made me laugh. You could also take her to the photo spots, which I thought was pretty adorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom