• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Enter at Your Own Risk... *Shipping thread*

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I am possibly the only one who don't see a Malon and Link romance at all. I don't see any romances in the zelda stories probably because I don't care and because I play the game and see all characters as possible clues to solve the game in my own pace. But back to Malon /Link...I only see a girl who lost her father and Link had to search for him. She happened to live on the farm and Epona is on the same farm. But for me it ends there. Yes I like Malon and think she is a cute character but her and Link? No.

You're not the only one, I've always felt the same way. Imo, Malon didn't show even the slightest interest in Link. Yeah, she was nice to him... but so? I don't really see how that translates into love. Maybe it was taken from the manga, where she does indeed develop a brief crush on him? But then again, in that very same manga it was also pretty heavily implied that Link liked Zelda sooo... meh. Whatever. If people like them together, then that's their business. I personally never saw any chemistry either. *shrugs*

I've never been fond of the SariaxLink pairing either. I've got nothing against cute little Saria... it's just the fact he's gonna grow up and she won't. It's a little too weird of a relationship for me, sorry. I've also never liked Lidna or IliaxLink because I don't really like Midna or Ilia all that much (Plus Midna kinda destroyed the only way for the two of them to see each other or communicate) As for my views on Ashei, well... honestly, I never really considered her because she didn't seem all that interested, nor do I feel like we really see her very often. Again, nothing against her, I just don't support the pairing.

I myself am usually a Zelink fan no matter which game (How creative, right? Don't judge.) I mean, it hasn't really been confirmed whether each incarnation is related to one another, besides TP and Oot Links--which doesn't really matter to me, since I prefer to think of TP Link as alone (Harsh, I know. I'm just not too crazy about his options :hmm:) So I will ship whatever I please in peace, whilst fighting off the implausibility comments. I have tons of head-canon to battle them. :lol:

Anywho, the way I see it, people are always going to see romance where they actually want to see it. As that wonderful saying goes, 'live and let live'. I honestly never understood why some fangirls people get so heated about the subject. Some of them see some fan art of a pairing they don't support and immediately start whining things like "No! Link should be with (Insert Female Character Name Here)!" It's as if they've forgotten that no shipping is really cannon--hence why it's 'shipping'. :dry:

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
I have know clue what Zelink is, and i will return with an opinion when ive researched!

If you want to know what it is, It's Zelda and Link paired up in a romantic relationship. Don't research it cause you're gonna get a bunch of ****** fanfics and weird fan art.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
If you want to know what it is, It's Zelda and Link paired up in a romantic relationship. Don't research it cause you're gonna get a bunch of ****** fanfics and weird fan art.
Yeaaaah. There are perverts. And there are NO exceptions to rule 34 of the internet(if it exists, there is p0rn of it) But there are pics that aren't...erotic, just maybe a kiss or a hug or something.

Combining names like that is a common fandom thing. Can't come up with any other examples off the top of my head though.

Also:
I agree! Hilda and Ravio...ftw.

Last edited:
Dr Horrible your right there isn't very much to suggest their descendants of previous generations, but that goes both ways there's little to suggest that they are not descendents of previous generations.

And Dragoncat I agree it can be done in SS but my point was that it in order for more than one generation of Zelda and Link to be together it would have to be done logically with enough time and genetic diversity to avoid inbreeding.

And yes royal and noble families did marry within family and cousins long long long before and in the 1200's to I believe the 1700's but there were a good number of complications that occurred, such as physical deformities, severely shortened life spans, child and infant deaths, still births, miscarriages, and genetic disorders.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

But the one thing I have to disagree with you is... Spirit Tracks didn't have a strong enough bond? Whaaat? They traveled with each other the whole game! They held hands at the end! How is that not strong enough? D:

TetLink is pretty good, too, but really? It's stronger than ST? They barely get any interaction in TWW. There's clearly some kind of friendship that forms between them despite that, but I find it hard to believe that it's stronger than an adventure where the pair literally spend every waking moment working together, overcoming challenges.
Okay, you win. Havent actually beaten ST...but I guess what I was getting at is that in SS, the relationship was already there. It was backstory...

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Dr Horrible your right there isn't very much to suggest their descendants of previous generations, but that goes both ways there's little to suggest that they are not descendents of previous generations.

This method of thinking is a bit flawed. If we follow this, than I can say that the Mailman can be Zelda and Link's descendant because there is nothing to suggest otherwise.

Ayn Marx

Welfare Queen
Groose and link otp

tumblr_static_header.png

Dr Horrible I know very well that this process is flawed and yes if you don't use this thought process logically then yeah you could say any one could have descended from Link and/or Zelda, I use thought processes like this within reasonable parameters based in as much logic and plausibility as I can manage with available information, but as of yet there is not enough information available on this subject to develop strong logical theories with it.

On a side note I have a few theories as to where the deferent generations of Link and Zelda come from though I generally lean towards the more logical ones I am undecided as to which I feel is the most likely do to the somewhat illogical and unexplained elements or the sometimes complete lack of elements surounding thier origins in the majority of the games.

The only pairing I truly support is MaLink. In OoT, It may have had about two or three teases to support it, but it still has the high ground over the other female characters who are legal or biological impossibilities. Then again, it's still just as valid as Link getting with the girl chasing the cucco around, but it also fits into TP perfectly.

Some others I like in list form:

LinkxNavi
LinkxMedli
LinkxIlia
LinkxAgatha
LinkxPeatrice

Groose gets everyone else

And Dragoncat I agree it can be done in SS but my point was that it in order for more than one generation of Zelda and Link to be together it would have to be done logically with enough time and genetic diversity to avoid inbreeding.

And yes royal and noble families did marry within family and cousins long long long before and in the 1200's to I believe the 1700's but there were a good number of complications that occurred, such as physical deformities, severely shortened life spans, child and infant deaths, still births, miscarriages, and genetic disorders.

Thus why the Links cannot talk, do a series of somersaults for no reason, and are always running into walls.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

DJ Twitch said:
Thus why the Links cannot talk, do a series of somersaults for no reason, and are always running into walls.
Not "Link's mute" again -_- His dialogue JUST ISN'T SHOWN.

DJ Twitch said:
but it still has the high ground over the other female characters who are legal or biological impossibilities.
Yet you pair a hylian with a fairy or a rito?

And...Groose? I pair him with my OC, does that count...

Not "Link's mute" again -_- His dialogue JUST ISN'T SHOWN.

Yet you pair a hylian with a fairy or a rito?

And...Groose? I pair him with my OC, does that count...

You obviously didn't read my post carefully enough if you think I support those listed pairings, you can like a pairing without contributing to it. And I'm amazed that you that mute thing so seriously.

Well, to me liking a pairing is the same as supporting it. Idk. And, it's hard to see sarcasm with text over the internet...
Well the way I see it: liking = looking at the fanart and supporting = drawing it. But yeah, I used the cross tool to signify the sarcasm and sorry for jumping on you about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom