• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Enter at Your Own Risk... *Shipping thread*

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
At first I was concerned that this thread solely focused on the shipping for Link and Zelda, and I avoided it because I don't particularly follow that pairing; however, now that I've seen people reply with other shippings, I've been convinced to make a reply.

1.)
Hildavio: A Link Between Worlds - I wasn't ever sure if I was going to play A Link Between Worlds, but now I'm glad I did, otherwise I would have never been blessed to experience the glorious shipping that is Hildavio. Hilda and Ravio have unbelievable sparks, and this was kind of a first for me because I'd never seen two Zelda characters have a serious connection with each other (besides in SS, of which I will touch upon). They are complete opposites of our heroes from Hyrule, therefore making each very flawed (Hilda who is rash and unwise, and Ravio who lacks will-power and courage). Even if we only got to see the ending cutscene between the two, it made all the difference. It established their personalities flawless, and character development was clearly evident. I just... look at them:

zlCfzRXINfsqK91TU0
zlCfzRXIZ4k863yzo9

It may not look like it to you, but I get this sense that they complete each other. When they had no Triforce, they came together to support one another. Granted Ravio fled to Hyrule, but this was when times were bad, and it doesn't mean that he did not factor in Princess Hilda into his decision. I mean, he must mean something to her in order to invoke this type of reaction out of her:

zlCfzRXIQFkofS7pjk

Yup, I'm convinced. It's love!

2.) Zelink: Skyward Sword - Ugh! I could spend all day analyzing the scene where Zelda sleeps for a 1,000 years (I have at least 2 times),
kawaii_zpsc4a79781.png
but I'll make this simple instead. Like I said before, I don't follow most Zelink ships as they hardly ever interest me, but SS did it right for once when it comes to character relationships. Quite a lot of friendships have the capability to grow into something more, and that is what happened with Link and Zelda. You could tell she was getting ready to confess her love to him before she was forcefully sucked away by Ghirahim. It was so close, but so far away. Link practically devotes his life to finding and rescuing her, and in that moment when Zelda seals herself away, we see Link's raw emotion. I cannot stress how much this develops Link's character enough, because it shows how much he's done only to fall short. He realizes it's gonna take a little more than he initially wagered, because this is his destiny -- this is her destiny -- this is their destiny. It's truly beautiful.

3.) Link x Malon: Ocarina of Time - This is such a simple pairing, and a normal one at that, and that's why I like it so much. I don't believe they're meant to be, but it's one of those shippings that makes sense in a logical way. Link and Malon come from very little, while Zelda comes from royalty. Yes, I'm aware that Link is the hero that is destined to save Hyrule, but he doesn't have to get the princess at the end. He could always go back to living a normal life with a home he's familiar with, and date a normal girl like Malon. I know this will never be canon, but hey, I can dream, can't I?

I know I have more ships stored in my brain somewhere, but those are the top three for now.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
How the hell did she already get banned?
Beats me...but I doubt it has anything to do with the suggestion of...Groose/Link yoai. *shudders* The mods here won't ban people simply for having an unpopular, possibly troll, opinion. My guess is maybe she went overboard in Mature Discussion, but I have nothing to back it up.

As for the pic, it looks kinda like a new challenger thing from Smash Bros. Made by fans though. If Groose were to be in the new Smash Bros he'd more likely be an assist trophy.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
REWRITE:

ZeLink(SS and ST)- I only ship this couple between these two games. I couldn't see it in other games, I saw more of a sibling relationship between the two in other games. They acted more like brother and sister in other games more than being lovers. I'm sorry...I just can't see it happening in OoT or TP for instance.

LinkxSaria- I adore this couple, I even ship it like fedex(lolwut). Saria shows how affectionate she is towards Link, but she knows that they can't be because she never grows up and Link does. It was more romantic between those two than it was with any other pairing with Link in OoT (sorry diehard ZeLinkers or LinkxMalon fans)

HildaxRavio-alkjdsjdoafhfjjslfas I cannot describe how adorable this couple is.....

Last edited:

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well, Twilight Princess always confused me, cause at the beginning you obviously can tell Link loves Ilia right? But then... he loves Midna? And then Zelda's there too? Link's too much a playa :P Honestly the only couple I ever really liked them doing was ZeLink in Spirit Tracks to be honest. I won't say anymore than that :P

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I'm thinking about whether I should say some stuff I'm going to say or not. Am I going to have tomatoes pelted at me? I sure hope not…

Some of you guys might know already, but my favorite Zelda pairing is of Link and Saria. I know Saria's a Kokiri, and that she never grows up, but little things can be changed, right? As long as she grows up, it's my favorite pairing in Zelda. If she stays a little kid, it just seems wrong and that would never end well. You know, unless Link magically becomes immortal and stays a child forever, too. XD

And also, ZeLink never made sense to me. Just look at the situation. Guy meets girl, he falls in love with her cuz she's really pretty, doesn't see her again until the end of the story and then they live happily ever after. Just... what?! Look at Ocarina of Time. He sees her for the first time, has a conversation with her, goes off to save the world, witnesses her running away and then doesn't see her again until the end of the game. Just why? Even in games like Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks it never touched me. When I think of a good relationship, I think of one where the other person is a lot like a best friend at the same time. Saria IS Link's best friend. Do you understand now?

However, despite me believing all this, I still don't like Link and Ilia together in Twilight Princess. It just didn't have the same feeling as Link and Saria. Ilia isn't NEARLY as likable as Saria, and she seemed way more attached to Epona than Link. I mean, what kind of girl would yell at their best friend because he accidentally injured HIS horse? Just no…

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I agree that Ilia cared more about Epona than Link, or at least that's how it seems...

And, best friend? SS was that. They were close since they were little kids, and I'll bet 100 bucks that she was going to make a love confession before she got snatched by Ghirahim's tornado. She playfully calls him names(sleepyhead)and, she gets in his face and pushes him off things. While I think pushing the guy you like off cliffs isn't the best courtship method...in her defense, they live in a skydiving society. And it ended up working lol. He still cared about her, as seen in the crystal scene.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I definitely ship Midna and Link together. Although, when I first played Twilight Princess, I was a shipper of Ilia and Link. However, I grew more fond of Midna and Link once I beat the game.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Zelink didn't make sense at all until SS. They had the strongest connection with each other, and it makes sense for them to be together because it's the first time in history Hylia is reborn as a mortal and chooses her hero who will champion her for the rest of time, and Link proves he'll go the distance for her in spades. Also it makes sense because Skyloft does not have a very big population because of its size and it makes sense that they would be drawn to each other since they had been friends since childhood. Link and Zelda together in the other games makes no sense because they move in very different circles.

I also support LinkxIlia, because that was super obvious, but I don't support LinkXMalon at all. There's really no chemistry between them. The only one Link really had a connection to in OoT was Saria, and we know that can never be.

I don't think Link and Tetra could get together, because Tetra is way too tough for Link

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I also support LinkxIlia, because that was super obvious
IMO, Link and Ilia do not make a good pairing at all. The only connection they had between one another was Epona, and that was the weakest connection I've ever seen. I can understand Link's determination to restore her memory, but he swiftly pushes that off to the side while he collects the pieces of the Fused Shadow. Ilia was mostly a redundant character that had no purpose other than to be a source of filler.

your username goes here said:
but I don't support LinkXMalon at all. There's really no chemistry between them. The only one Link really had a connection to in OoT was Saria, and we know that can never be.
The shipping for Link and Malon is not based on chemistry, but rather on mutual backgrounds. Malon lost her mother at a young age, and was raised by her father. The same applies to Link, as both his parents had died, and the Great Deku Tree was his guardian (he turned into more of a father figure than anything). Additionally, neither have any noticeable friends (besides Saria for Link and Epona for Malon). Also, music is a part of both of both their lives. Malon's mother taught her daughter Epona's song, and Saria gave Link the ocarina as a gift. Lastly, the two of them grew up in very rustic backgrounds, Link in the forest and Malon in the country. I pair the two together based on interests and similarities. Not every shipping has to be based on chemistry or passion.

your username bae said:
I don't think Link and Tetra could get together, because Tetra is way too tough for Link
Whatever happened to opposites attract? I don't necessarily ship the two together, but I could most certainly see it. Also, just because Tetra is "too tough" doesn't mean she doesn't have her moments of vulnerability. Everyone does, and that would be a perfect opportunity for Link to step in and support her.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I always found LinkxSaria to be cute, but that only really worked when they were kids. If Saria could grow up too, I'd support it more. With Link as an adult and Saria as a child, it would be awkward!

LinkxRuto is one that took me a while to enjoy. But now I realize that it actually could have worked! If you can get around the whole fish thing, Ruto and Link would be adorable together!

LinkxMalon is another one I support. The two of them had fairly obvious chemistry, and I do believe it could have been a successful relationship. Plus, Malon gets hotter when she gets older!

I have never supported ZeLink pre-SS; there was just nothing there. However, SS changed that. They had a great relationship! They were very obviously in love. Nintendo really should have done something with that.

LinkxIlia is just... no. I hate Ilia. I absolutely despise her. She's kinda hot, sure, but she's also kind of a *****. She cared more about Link's horse than she did about Link. If I were Link, I never would have saved her.

The rest of the ships are sort of in the middle for me. Though Link definitely had a chance to get something going with Peatrice there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom