• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dr Who, Anybody Like This Show?

Who is the Best Doctor?

• William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davidson

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Total voters
I got into Doctor Who recently; I'm currently on episode 2 of season 2, trying to get used to David Tennant. Everyone says he's their favorite doctor, and I can see why, he seems pretty "adorable" already, but Eccleson really grew on me in the last few episodes. Yeah, his departure was pretty lame, but the scene right before that (when he and Rose kissed) made up for it. I really liked the pairing of Nine and Rose; at first it was kind of odd because they seemed rather far apart in age, but they were definitely something special. As of now I'm not convicned that he and Tennant are the same person. I know Tennant will grow on me soon but there's still a bit of bittersweetness.

Anyways, I'm glad I got into the show. I thought it was really lame for the first five episodes or so, but now I understand why it's so loved :D

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I got into Doctor Who recently; I'm currently on episode 2 of season 2, trying to get used to David Tennant. Everyone says he's their favorite doctor, and I can see why, he seems pretty "adorable" already, but Eccleson really grew on me in the last few episodes. Yeah, his departure was pretty lame, but the scene right before that (when he and Rose kissed) made up for it. I really liked the pairing of Nine and Rose; at first it was kind of odd because they seemed rather far apart in age, but they were definitely something special. As of now I'm not convicned that he and Tennant are the same person. I know Tennant will grow on me soon but there's still a bit of bittersweetness.

Anyways, I'm glad I got into the show. I thought it was really lame for the first five episodes or so, but now I understand why it's so loved :D

Saying everyone favors Tennant would be a bit inaccurate, he's certainly a popular Doctor and compared to Eccleson he got way more time to prove himself as the Doctor (tho it was Eccleson's choice to only do the one season). There are plenty of classic who fans whose favorite doctor is among the first Eight incarnations, and there are also plenty of new who fans who favors Matt's Doctor (Eleven). I'm one of them, as much as I love Tennant's Doctor and appreciated Eccleson's Doctor, Matt is simply my Doctor. Both me and my best friend favors him, we do however have friends who favors others.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I've actually just recently started watching this show on Netflix... I'm currently on the 2nd season of the modern series (with David Tennant as the Doctor) and I freaking love it!
I have no means of watching the original classic series... so if any of you know how to do that, please tell me. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Saying everyone favors Tennant would be a bit inaccurate, he's certainly a popular Doctor and compared to Eccleson he got way more time to prove himself as the Doctor (tho it was Eccleson's choice to only do the one season). There are plenty of classic who fans whose favorite doctor is among the first Eight incarnations, and there are also plenty of new who fans who favors Matt's Doctor (Eleven). I'm one of them, as much as I love Tennant's Doctor and appreciated Eccleson's Doctor, Matt is simply my Doctor. Both me and my best friend favors him, we do however have friends who favors others.

Well to be honest out of the 100% fans who watch the new Dr Who 99% loves Tennant. I left a couple of facebook Dr Who pages because I thought it was about Doctor Who but it turned out it was more about Doctor David Tennant. With all respect, the guy did a good job but it annoys me till no end people are always mentioning him and Rose and never or hardly watched Classical Who. Classical Who has so many GREAT companions who are waaaaaay better than Rose who's biggest talent was crushing and drooling over the Doctor. One personal fav of mine is Tom Baker who is considered widely as THE Doctor of all time and I think people should watch the classical Who too. The stories are so good!!!

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I am in love with this show. Amazing cast, amazing story, I could spend all night typing how amazing this show is.
I've gotta say my favorite enemy has to be either the Weeping Angels or The Silence. They have that really creepy look and aptmosphere, the kind that keeps me up at night.
My favorite Doctor is probably David Tennant, he's really good at playing the Doctor, he's funny, but serious when the situation requires. Like, really serious.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
They have classic Dr Who on Netflix. If I had a room to myself I would've grabbed some water and about 20 bags of chips and just stayed there for about a week, probably more.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Love the show! Can't wait for March 30th and the new season. I loved David Tenant, but I gotta say, Matt Smith has a special place in my heart. Such a great character actor. Also, in terms of sidekicks, Amy and Rory were some of my favorites, but can already tell I'm gonna like the new one (can't remember her name. Too lazy to look it up).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You guys should really give the old episodes a try. Tom Baker (the fourth) is absolutely brilliand and so is Peter Davidson (the fifth). I know many of you only watched the new series but the show exists far more longer. Out of the new Doctors I can't really say who my fav is. I liked Amy and Rory but Amy started to get whiney in the end. I loved Clara from what I saw in the Snowmen

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
You guys should really give the old episodes a try. Tom Baker (the fourth) is absolutely brilliand and so is Peter Davidson (the fifth). I know many of you only watched the new series but the show exists far more longer. Out of the new Doctors I can't really say who my fav is. I liked Amy and Rory but Amy started to get whiney in the end. I loved Clara from what I saw in the Snowmen

I love the original Series!! My top five Doctors in order are: William Hartnell, Tom Baker, Paul McGann (Does he even count?), Colin Baker and John Pertwee. I simply love the charm of the special and visual effects plus I really am a sucker for a 2-14 part sf drama (My God Trial of a Timelord took forever!) when the stories are as imaginative as they were.

As for companions, Susan, Ian, Barbara, Ace, Sarah-Jane, K-9 (I and II), Leela and Adric win hands down with me.

Favourite Villains are The Master, The Rani, Daleks (duh!), The Sontarons and even the Timelords themselves!

I'm not such a huge fan of the new series but I have found David Tennant to be the most tolerable new Doctor so far. I think this may have something to do with his acting style. Matt Smith and Christopher Eccleston annoy the crap out me whenever they open their mouths. I don't know why because I have seen them in other roles and they're fantastic actors. It may also be because I had just finished the original series for the umpteenth time when the new series was about to begin and I wasn't expecting so much humour in the dialogue. I guess I never really got over my prejudice.

I am, however, deeply in love with the Doctor Who Spin-off Torchwood. John Barrowman is one of my favourite theatre personalities. That and the way the character's express both themselves and their sexuality on this show make it much more interesting for me than the new Doctor Who.

Also, there was a spin-off called K-9 and Company in which The Doctor sends Sarah-Jane K-9 as a present and chaos ensues! You guys should check it out if you're a Doctor Who original series geek like me!

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hahah I'm the opposite Mamono. I thought Ecclestone was fantastic and Matt is good too. I'm not a fan of Tennant. He was not bad but he annoyed me with his screaming all the time. And then the annoying fanbase of him with their hatred towards Smith. Like Smith kicked him out of the show while he already announced his retirement in 2008.

I still have to watch Throughton, Pertwee, C Baker and mcCoy. I HATED Leela. She annoyed me so much with her continuous knife pulling. I was so glad to find out she left and stayed with Andred (poor guy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom