• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dr Who, Anybody Like This Show?

Who is the Best Doctor?

• William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davidson

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Total voters

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE the show! It is amazing and has great plots and everything. I know the show runs since 1963 with William Hartnell as the first Dr if I'm correct and Tom Baker played the Dr the longest. The show was revived in 2005 with the 9th incarnation of the Doctor played by Christopher Ecclestone, followed by the uberfamous David Tennant and now with Matt Smith. The series 7 will start in August this year. The companons Amy and Rory Pond will leave the show and Jenna-Louise and I forgot her last name will be the next companion.
What are your thoughts on this show? Who are your fav characters/enemies etc? I think I love the Doctor in general. It is fun to see the changings in his personality. Matt is doing a great job turning the Doctor into his own character and my fav enemies have to be the Weeping Angels! They are scary but also cool!

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I'm watching an episode right now actually. "The God Complex". My favorite species are the Atraxi, The Judoon and of course, the Daleks. Favorite doctor is either Tom Baker or David Tennant, and favorite companion is Martha Jones, although Amy is really hot :). I love Captain Jack Hartness and I want him back in the series.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've watched all the episodes (well, as many as I can considering some of the oldest ones were lost forever), and I can tell you that there are just too many races, monsters, enemies, etc. to pick a favorite. I can't even choose between Daleks and Cybermen... both are very well-made enemies.

My favorite doctor is Peter Davidson. Not everyone can pull off a decorative vegetable! xD He's followed by Tom Baker and David Tennant. I'm so glad Amy and Rory are finally leaving. Rory did grow on me, but Amy was just ...bleh... throughout.

My thoughts on the show: Steve Moffat is brilliant. I'm pretty sure every single one of my favorite episodes was written by him. Silence in the Library, The Empty Child... He really knows how to take the most basic thing and make you terrified of it. I have mixed feelings for him as producer though - I think he's better with individual stories than with arcs.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The old episodes were actually pretty good. I grew up with Tom Baker but never really got into it. I remember Peter Davidson as the Doctor. I thought River is getting annoying and gets on my nerves a bit. I hope they will leave her out a bit more in the new series. I LOVED Waters on Mars. How arrogant the Doctor gets and then realizes he made a huge mistake. As I coulod see in some trailers for the new season the Weeping Angels will make their comeback. I liked Amy though but the show seemed to be more around her than the Doctor. I really hope they will change that with the new companion and make it more Dr Who-ish

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I used to really engoy watching it untill they changed the "Dr. Who" person. after that ive never liked it as much; and i dont watch it anymore.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Die hard who fan since I was 3....I was named after a buck Rogers star sadly but my sister was named after miss Sarah Jane Smith!
I love the old episodes along with the new... My favorites doctors as Tennant, Davidson, Smith, Eccelson, Baker, and Pertwee (didn't like he was stuck on earth but he had great compainoins). Its sad to say RIP Elizabeh Sladen...
My favorite episodes are
Ark In Space-Tom Baker- SJM
Horror On Fang Rock- Tom Baker- Leela - spoiler it's too funny all the snobby people die! Sorry I didn't like them
Fathers Day- Ecclson- Rose Tyler
Fires of Pompeii- Tennat- Donna Noble
Silence in the Library- Tennant- Donna
God complex- smith- Amy rory
Vanessa you are correct Hartnell was the first

Garo

Boy Wonder
I point to Series 5 of the revival as one of the best seasons of television in history - so many wonderful episodes (the Angels two-parter and the Van Gogh episodes being standouts) that build over time and culminate in the spectacular finale. Smith has become my favorite Doctor - what Tennant brought to the role Smith perfected and added his own quirks, and I love him for that. It's what I feel the Doctor always should have been (not to say I dislike Tennant or Eccleston, both of whom I love).

That said, the Wedding of River Song... ehhhh. Not a fan of the direction it appears to be going, but if Moffat can do one thing well, it's make even the most dreadful reveal into an exciting and dramatic moment.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I used to really engoy watching it untill they changed the "Dr. Who" person. after that ive never liked it as much; and i dont watch it anymore.

If you mean the Tenth changing into the Eleventh, that was not them who changed him, it was Tennant his own wish to leave the show after three seasons. And if I'm correct Ecclestone who played the Ninth decided to leave after one Season and was replaced by Tennant. So when they change the Doctor it is usually the actor themselves who wants to quit.

Fires of Pompeii was very good! the only thing what bugs me sometimes is Tennant can scream so loud LOL!!

Pinkfish11

Korean language student
I was introduced to the show when I was visiting my friends in England, and all I can say is that it's amazing! I've only seen a few episodes (my friends picked and chose their favorites to show me) but the ones I saw were masterpieces. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to see them when a got back home, so I haven't seen a episode since April of 2010.

B

Bender_rules

I've watched a few episodes,it a pretty good show.I always forget its on.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I watch it!:D But you know what stinks? There only having 7 episodes per year now! That's horrible! It's not even one per month.:(

Jedizora

:right:
I just started watching it. I'm in the middle of the Dalek Episode, and so far it's pretty good. I hope they get more episodes on Netflix, I don't believe they have it all.

This is my favorite show!!!!! I can't wait for the new series!!

My favorite Doctor would be the 11th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom