• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dr Who, Anybody Like This Show?

Who is the Best Doctor?

• William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davidson

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Total voters

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Tom is my fav Doctor. He is amazing.

I agree with MissK. That is exactly why I don't recommend to start with Ten first. Not because he is bad (he is actually very good) but because it will raise questions. Neither one of Ten's seasons are a perfect start because in his second season he starts with Martha but there is always Rose lurking around and her name will often be mentioned and viewers will be asking who this Rose was. And his last season starts with Donna and he met Donna before so that would also leave you in the dark. Eleventh Hour has none of this all either and would be a perfect start as well because the past won't be mentioned (all things happened to him during his time as Nine and Ten) and has a fresh beginning. So even though some people love Ten and want everybody to start with Ten it is better not to have newcomers to the show start with his seasons because of mentioned reasons.

I started with Ten. I saw one episode of him on syfy. That was during a Christmas break a couple of years back. I also saw 2 of matt's episodes. After this I immidiatly started with Nine and worked my way through till I caught up with the (at the time) current episode on BBC 1.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
"Rise of the Cybermen" was the first episode I ever saw, and because I had no clue what was going on (who the characters were, why it was a big deal that Pete was alive in this alternative world - and I was not fond of the cybermen - I'm still not come to think of it) it actually did a good job in putting me off the show for several years. I'm thankful my best friend didn't give up on introducing me to the show and eventually talked me into it, because from Eleventh Hour and on I was hooked :)

I LOVE docter Who! I've only been watching since about 4 days ago, but I think it is absouluatly "fantastic" As the docter might say. ;)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The great thing about this show is that you do get hooked once you start. Of course not everybody likes it but most people I know are falling in love with the show from the beginning. Great actors, great stories and great effects and because it is not too complicated you easily get hooked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom