• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Okay, so I want to run a breakdown on this. We have 18 players total. 18 means that the number of mafia probably range from 4-7, though it would be more likely to be 5 or 6. With that number I'd say that at least 2 are on the ALIT bandwagon. Additionally, I'd guess that 1 is probably Not Voting. If we look at the ALIT bandwagon we can narrow down our choices.
There is a mafia (well, assuming the mod didn't follow my 3 mafia and 1 cult set-up from Star Trek Mafia a few years ago [boy was that a crazy game]) among us and we can at least get a better picture on how we can find them.

So based on what I said, what are your opinions of scum right off the bat David? I'm asking because as an experienced player who I haven't seen in many games recently (though that's coming from someone who hasn't been an many himself), I'm interested in your opinion.

In fact, I encourage everyone to come up with at least a small theory on who is scum and who isn't. It doesn't have to be a specific person or specific people, but I'd like to see the opinions by people of how many are in the game and at least a rough idea of who they might be.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
RNG...? I assume it has something to do with the bandwagon stage that day 1's have evolved into.

RNG is a random number generator. I found one online, made the range 1-18, and it rolled a 1 for me. 1 is ALiT on the list of players, hence my vote. Luckily, the RNG had me vote in such a way that one player had more votes than the others, causing a bandwagon.

Of the people on the bandwagon, I would have to say Mellow is most suspicious to me, followed by Dekunut and finally Scarfed.

I skimmed through the posts for now, I'll reread the longer posts when I'm done watching my show and see what else I have to add.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Again, another post on the bandwagon just to "prevent him from dying night one." Could someone tell me why this is an issue now in this game? I assume he's been killed many nights for his skill or something (which is honestly a bad scum move and ruins the fun that is Mafia).

Yet again maintaining the view that lynching him would prevent his death on night one, but then we lose a player. Why are we so keen on that? And yes, it has been a while since I've been on a Mafia game here. Also, RVS isn't exactly random as each vote is inherently chosen by the player who casts it (unless said player actually put a list in a random number sequencer and voted based on that). I just don't like it.

Just a joke. :P In recent games, ALiT has had horrible luck with dying night 1, it's basically become a ritual for him, lol. It's become so standard that in one game, I think it was mine actually, our beloved co-mod used the fact that he didn't die night 1 as a form of evidence against him. If we lynch him now, we can save him from dying during the first night period. =P

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't have any scumreads yet. Most people aren't being serious, so I can't tell about them yet. And no worries... Everyone will be serious by the end of the day.
And as for ALiT, Mezzy hit the nail on the head. Were just looking for some variety for night one. An original scum team.

David

But you called me here...
Well, to be honest, I find Justac00l guy (sp...?) to be suspicious. 3 posts with little words with one of those only being a smiley face. Not placing blame yet, just noting that.

I also find it interesting that DekuNut jumped on the bandwagon after there were already 4 votes on ALiT. There was plenty of pressure before already upon him and that vote led to half a lynch already. It is a dangerous way to start, if you ask me.

Also, I agree with the theory that there is a third party. "Well, we'll see if there's others. ;)" is a really big hint full of implications. There's a lot to look out for.

PS, this is how Day 1 gets good. Let's keep it up. It may look superficial, but at least now we're getting somewhere, ye naysayers.

Moonstone

Well if we want to be more serious, here's my two cents...

The reason why I find Mellow most suspicious is because of his placement in the bandwagon- he's following along with the crowd, and not offering much input aside from jokes. But, it is just day 1, and a lot of us treat day 1 as a joke anyway, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything yet.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well if we want to be more serious, here's my two cents...

The reason why I find Mellow most suspicious is because of his placement in the bandwagon- he's following along with the crowd, and not offering much input aside from jokes. But, it is just day 1, and a lot of us treat day 1 as a joke anyway, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything yet.

That's literally how I play in every game, particularly during the first day. Only difference this time is that I'm not rapidly changing my votes for no real reason.

David

But you called me here...
That's literally how I play in every game, particularly during the first day. Only difference this time is that I'm not rapidly changing my votes for no real reason.

Then why the change? If it is literally how you play in every game, then why would you bother changing?

Sorry if I hadn't posted much I tend to play quietly during the first day regardless of my role since day one usually isn't very serious. I must say Dekunut is giving me strong mafia vibes. His placement in the bandwagon and him not wanting us to be serious during day one, it just seems suspicious to me. Other from that I don't have much else to say. I prefer having more to go on so I would like to hear from those who haven't posted that much already besides joking the jokes stuff.

Pen

The game is on!
Sorry if I hadn't posted much I tend to play quietly during the first day regardless of my role since day one usually isn't very serious. I must say Dekunut is giving me strong mafia vibes. His placement in the bandwagon and him not wanting us to be serious during day one, it just seems suspicious to me. Other from that I don't have much else to say. I prefer having more to go on so I would like to hear from those who haven't posted that much already besides joking the jokes stuff.

To me it sounds here almost as if you are accusing DN of the very same things that you are guilty of ourself...

To me it sounds here almost as if you are accusing DN of the very same things that you are guilty of ourself...

Well although I did join the bandwagon I never said that we shouldn't have a serious day one. The reason why I joined the band wagon in the first place was because I thought that we wouldn't have a serious day one and we should just hurry up and get it over with so that we could hurry up to day two and have some serious discussion there. But now that we have a serious discussion going on that could potentially lead somewhere I realise that we should probably slow down and talk about it. I want to hear why Mellow Ezlo and Dekunut joined the bandwagon though. When I joined there wasn't to much pressure but they really changed that quite fast.

Moonstone

It's a british TV drama set in the1920's. This is based on my knowledge gained by seeing advertisements while watching Top Gear or Masterpiece Mystery. Considering name claiming isn't allowed, I'd say it really doesn't matter much anyway what we know or don't know about the show.

Okay, so I want to run a breakdown on this. We have 18 players total. 18 means that the number of mafia probably range from 4-7, though it would be more likely to be 5 or 6. With that number I'd say that at least 2 are on the ALIT bandwagon. Additionally, I'd guess that 1 is probably Not Voting. If we look at the ALIT bandwagon we can narrow down our choices.

Sadia

Johnny I noticed you put Sadia's name in this post. Is she the one you find most suspicious currently? If not, who do you find scummy at this time?

I would also like to get ALiT's input.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Johnny I noticed you put Sadia's name in this post. Is she the one you find most suspicious currently? If not, who do you find scummy at this time?

Actually I messed my post up and was going to give a rundown on each person who voted on ALiT. Instead I shared the quotes of each vote.

When I get back from the gym in a couple hours or so, I'll jump on and give that rundown on each ALIT bandwagoner one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom