• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
ALIT needs to get five more votes in order to get lynched at all. I think he is pretty safe for now. Honestly though, it is quite rare to see any serious discussion whatsoever on day 1, and in many cases the person who ends up getting lynched is not obvious until the very end of the day (meaning that ALIT is not at all definitely getting lynched (even though he might hehe) in case that was what you were concerned with). ^^
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-mafia-game-thread.37099/
Pages 1-10 man. This game had a good Day 1.

I think we need ALIT to come in and actually say something. Also, if we could get a vote tally, that'd be cool. I want to see who's voting for ALIT, and why. Mafia are going to bus people if they can and RVS makes it way for mafia to get a win.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So um... Shouldn't we uh discuss stuff? I think we should be decently careful with how we random vote this time round. We have until Sunday to decide what to do today.

Also, Downton Abby is also foreign to me. Anyone wish to elaborate further?

Can tell you haven't been around for a while. :P

idk what it was like back in the day, but recent games have been pretty much nothing but RVS for the first day. In many of the games, the RVS actually ends up leading to serious discussion, and then serious stuff actually happens day 1.

Now, with that said, we shall carry on with the lynch of ALiT. He's been night 1 killed far too many times lately, so lynching him would prevent that! :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm also literally clueless about Downton Abbey. I thought it was going to be a romance flick but apparently it isn;t?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Vote Count 1.2
ALIT: (5) Sadia, Lady of the Leaves, Scarfed, Mellow Ezlo, DekuNut
Sadia: (1) Crus@der77x
Johnny Sooshi: (1) Pendio
Crus@der77x: (1) ALIT
Pendio: (2) justac00lguy, Blackkirby
justac00lguy: (1) Repentance
Scarfed: (1) Mido
Repentance: (1) Johnny Sooshi
DekuNut: (1) musicfan

Not voting: Chocolate Storm, Heroine of Time, David, Linkdude74.

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch. Day ends on Sunday, January 25 at 9:00pm PST.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm also literally clueless about Downton Abbey. I thought it was going to be a romance flick but apparently it isn;t?

It's a british TV drama set in the1920's. This is based on my knowledge gained by seeing advertisements while watching Top Gear or Masterpiece Mystery. Considering name claiming isn't allowed, I'd say it really doesn't matter much anyway what we know or don't know about the show.

Vote Count 1.2
ALIT: (5) Sadia, Lady of the Leaves, Scarfed, Mellow Ezlo, DekuNut
Sadia: (1) Crus@der77x
Johnny Sooshi: (1) Pendio
Crus@der77x: (1) ALIT
Pendio: (2) justac00lguy, Blackkirby
justac00lguy: (1) Repentance
Scarfed: (1) Mido
Repentance: (1) Johnny Sooshi
DekuNut: (1) musicfan

Not voting: Chocolate Storm, Heroine of Time, David, Linkdude74.

Okay, so I want to run a breakdown on this. We have 18 players total. 18 means that the number of mafia probably range from 4-7, though it would be more likely to be 5 or 6. With that number I'd say that at least 2 are on the ALIT bandwagon. Additionally, I'd guess that 1 is probably Not Voting. If we look at the ALIT bandwagon we can narrow down our choices.

Sadia

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Vote: AliT

Just in case you're the vig again :)
RNG chooses you!

Vote: A Link in Time
Vote: A Link In Time

Alit band wagon anyone?

I feel like this is the only way we can prevent him from dying night one! :P
Unvote
Vote: ALiT

#DayOneBandwagon

Of these posts, 3 (if I counted right) have posted more than once. My guess as to the scum tends to lean more the less active bandwagoners.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm not sure whether to laugh or shake my head sadly at everyone's responses to someone actually trying to be serious on day one. I'm not opposed to actually having some real discussion for once, though you're right that it doesn't happen very often. :P

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
teasing-with-poking-tongue-out-smiley-emoticon.gif

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Why are people being serious already? :(
I'm not sure whether to laugh or shake my head sadly at everyone's responses to someone actually trying to be serious on day one. I'm not opposed to actually having some real discussion for once, though you're right that it doesn't happen very often. :P
It's just been a while since I've been in a game where Day 1 made some progress.

Also, I'd like to know what David's input is. He asked about seriousness and input, but didn't give any of his own, which is something that I find curious.

David

But you called me here...
Also, I'd like to know what David's input is. He asked about seriousness and input, but didn't give any of his own, which is something that I find curious.

Yeah, I'm here. I've been keeping up. I'm coming. Just hold on.

Vote: AliT

Just in case you're the vig again :)

First off, probability of game set-ups, randomization, and other factors leave this reason pointless.

RNG chooses you!

Vote: A Link in Time

RNG...? I assume it has something to do with the bandwagon stage that day 1's have evolved into.

Alit band wagon anyone?

So trying to poke fun at a bandwagon before he even gets on? Interesting. I get that it is day one, but like I said earlier, we have until Sunday to pick someone to lynch, if we so choose. Bandwagoning is soooooo overrated.

I feel like this is the only way we can prevent him from dying night one! :P

Again, another post on the bandwagon just to "prevent him from dying night one." Could someone tell me why this is an issue now in this game? I assume he's been killed many nights for his skill or something (which is honestly a bad scum move and ruins the fun that is Mafia).

Unvote
Vote: ALiT

#DayOneBandwagon

Again with poking fun at a bandwagon. I assume that scum all know who they are. Then again, this can be attributed to day 1 here on ZD.

ALIT needs to get five more votes in order to get lynched at all. I think he is pretty safe for now. Honestly though, it is quite rare to see any serious discussion whatsoever on day 1, and in many cases the person who ends up getting lynched is not obvious until the very end of the day (meaning that ALIT is not at all definitely getting lynched (even though he might hehe) in case that was what you were concerned with). ^^

But i like some serious discussion. I realize he isn't getting lynched yet, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that he's the one being bandwagoned up to this point. And as I mentioned, why him? Unless there is a plan to get rid of him right away in the shadows (which is a really bad move imo) it just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm going to kill off the weakest one by one.

That's super brash. I understand it was a joke, but still. *shudder*

Can tell you haven't been around for a while. :P

idk what it was like back in the day, but recent games have been pretty much nothing but RVS for the first day. In many of the games, the RVS actually ends up leading to serious discussion, and then serious stuff actually happens day 1.

Now, with that said, we shall carry on with the lynch of ALiT. He's been night 1 killed far too many times lately, so lynching him would prevent that! :)

Yet again maintaining the view that lynching him would prevent his death on night one, but then we lose a player. Why are we so keen on that? And yes, it has been a while since I've been on a Mafia game here. Also, RVS isn't exactly random as each vote is inherently chosen by the player who casts it (unless said player actually put a list in a random number sequencer and voted based on that). I just don't like it.

Why are people being serious already? :(

How else can we hunt scum? "Random voting" just puts people up for kill without anything to go on. Clues are present even in day one.

That was, just, ugh. It doesn't happen very often because few people try. Why would you be sad about trying to move the game along? It makes no sense. There is a mafia (well, assuming the mod didn't follow my 3 mafia and 1 cult set-up from Star Trek Mafia a few years ago [boy was that a crazy game]) among us and we can at least get a better picture on how we can find them.

Now, there really isn't a lot to go off of, but we can keep our heads about us and at least try to move forward. Even without kills there is a lot to be done and a lot that we can actually do.

David

But you called me here...
EDWODP - Clarification -> When I said that the scum know who they are I also implied that they know each other. Not just their own role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom