• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Down the rabbit hole: Lucid dream mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Well usually atleast about 24 hours before the day ends I'd say this way we've looked over every suspicious person to find who would be the best to lynch. Now it isn't just that I felt he voted too early, it's the fact that he gave no reasoning for his vote.

Mutiple reasons, yes, but without giving any reason it seems way too random, seems scummy to me.
w-what

Holding off votes until the last 24 hours before a day ends? That is absolutely the worst possible plan. Voting puts pressure on people and that is incredibly important. How people react to votes is literally how the game works. I'm completely dumbfounded - why would anyone want to hold off voting until literally no one has time to react to votes?

Also, Viral voting without a reason is a null tell, he does it every game as any alignment.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
OKAY! I learned my own reasoning!
Ari and Jonny: Simply for their being on the latter end of the Shroom wagon. Whenever scum is lynched, people immediately look to the end of the wagon.
SMS: Mask, you silly boy, stop misrepping me :P
My actual reasons here were because you were pushing for a majority lynch super early yesterday, and now, to make that stronger, you're saying "don't vote until the end of the day". What's up with this?

Foo

Expectation
For the record

3 Flowers Posted
Gumball
Sooshi
DekuNut
FC
Foo
SMS
Viral

1 or 2 Flowers Posted
ALIT
Doc
Sadia
Ezlo
Musicfan

No Flowers Posted
Repentance
Crus@der77x
Mido
Ari
Pendio

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm not concerned about Viral's vote, it's just his playstyle. @Spiritual Mask Salesman there's a difference between voting to lynch someone and voting for pressure. Pressure votes are to get people talking.

Anyway, since it was brought up, the reason I didn't want to lynch shroom day 1 is because I don't like lynching inactives on day 1, especially when I know that person is busy and can't really check in much. Obviously I was wrong, but ya.

4640370_f520.jpg

Foo

Expectation
No worries!

Whenever scum is lynched, people immediately look to the end of the wagon.

As I tried to detail earlier, Mafia is anti-inductive.
Why should a rule like the one you're suggesting be true? Perhaps there is a natural tendency for scum to jump of the backs of wagons, but as soon this this pattern became noticeable *by you* it would necessarily be noticeable *by scum* and they're incentivized to change their behaviour accordingly.

The idea of "common tells" only works when you assume you're one level higher than your opponents. Right now you're clearly modelling Ari and Jonny as level 0 players, with yourself at level 1. Is this fair? Can you justify it?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I can justify it by saying that this happens in every game, no matter how good of players they are. Scumbussing just happens. Want me to gather evidence from other games?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Would you do it?
I would

Xenoblade Mafia
Twilight

Final Vote Tally:

Eoghan (5)
- musicfan, JC-Hurin, A Link In Time, Frozen Chosen, Spiritual Mask Salesman

Eoghan has been lynched; no more votes will be counted. Hang tight while I get the Night scene ready.
Eoghan was bussed by scumbud JC-Hurin. This was the only scum lynch that game.

Skyward Sword Mafia
Day 7 Vote Tally:
Sadia – 4 (Batman, Linkdude74, Eduarda, Go_Dark_Link)

There's two recent examples. Neither JC nor Eduarda are bad/newbish players. It just happens.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
when is the ****ing day over so I can spam flowers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom