• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Down the rabbit hole: Lucid dream mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Great game. Mellow really got me with his fake claim and role blocking of SMS. I thought that basically cleared him. Whoops. Good job Sooshi for finding the killer. I thought the different themes of the rooms and rules that went along with it were great! I'm interested to see how all of these chracters got put into the same dream. I wish I could've become lucid and helped out at night. Oh well. At least being touchy feelly drunk was fun! Sorry if I got carried away... Anywho, Good Job Town.

Mido

Version 1
Great game Koki! No matter how much I complained, I really enjoyed it. It was unique and well put together, and I can't wait for the next Koki game.

Mido! My man! Nice masoning with you! Glad I had you on board!

Right back at'cha, DekuNut! It's been a pleasure serving alongside you! :cool: The Scientologists did what they had to do!

Still eating

Oh, well that must be one large salmon! Did he include any side dishes?

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Night actions
Day 1:
Pendiolucidify Ari (FAIL: Ari is a drifter)
Viral Mazelucidify Dekunut (FAIL: Dekunut is a drifter)

Shroom
REALISATION: acquired “Wings”
Mellow EzloREALISATION: failed to acquire a new power
MidoWas randomly selected to receive Energy Shield. It will activate once he becomes lucid

Night 1:
LittleGumballgive HEALING HAND to Johnny Sooshi
SadiaHeal Pendio
Mellow Ezlopoison Repentance

Mellow Ezlo – REALISATION:
failed to acquire a new power

Day 2:
PendioLucidify Spiritual Mask Salesman
Viral MazeLucidify Spiritual Mask Salesman

Mellow Ezlo
REALISATION: Acquired Lightning Rod
MusicfanWas randomly selected to receive STEAL

Night 2:
LittleGumballGive fire to Viral Maze (FAIL: Viral Maze is not a dreamer. And FAIL because of being roleblocked by Foo)
LittleGumballGive Third eye to Johnny Sooshi (FAIL: being Roleblocked by FOO)
FooFreeze LittleGumball

Spiritual Mask Salesman
REALISATION: failed to acquire a new power
Mellow EzloREALISATION: Failed to acquire a new power

Day 3:
Viral MazeLucidify Mido
Arirandomly received THIRD EYE (FAIL: Ari is already dead)
Mellow Ezlo REALISATION: failed to acquire a new power
Spiritual Mas SalesmanREALISATION: failed to acquire a new power

Night 3: [change: Now that Ari is out of the game, her power will randomly target 2 people each night. The entire game list, including dead players and non-dreamers will be used]
Repentance and Shroomwere randomly selected to lose their lucid powers (FAIL: both are dead and non-dreamers)
Mellow EzloREALISATION: acquired ENERGY SHIELD
Spiritual Mask SalesmanREALISATION: failed to acquire a new power

Mellow Ezlo
poison Viral Maze

Day 4: [change: Now that Pendio is out of the game, his power will randomly target 1 person each night. The entire game list, including dead players and non-dreamers will be used]
Viral Maze lucidify Johnny Sooshi
Repentancewas randomly selected to become lucid (FAIL: Repentance is already dead and is not a dreamer)
Johnny Sooshirandomly received DETOXIFICATION

Mellow Ezlo
REALISATION: acquired FREEZE
Spiritual Mask Salesman REALISATION: failed to acquire a power

Night 4:
Johnny Sooshiwas randomly selected to lose his lucidity (another person was also randomly targeted, but this sadly got lost in the updated file when the laptop crashed. Johnny was retrieved, the other not, because he/she was not affected (either dead or a non-dreamer). Therefore this had no implications on the game, only on the archivations)
Mellow EzloREALISATION: acquired SWAP
Spiritual Mask SalesmanREALISATION: acquired LUCIDIFICATION

Mellow Ezlo
FREEZE Johnny Sooshi (moderror. Accidentily received this power later, and used it by chance on the only person I already send a result)
Mellow EzloPoison LittleGumball
Johnny SooshiTHIRD EYE on Viral Maze
LittleGumballgive WINGS to Viral Maze

Day 5: [change: Now that Viral Maze is out of the game, his power will randomly target 1 person each night. The entire game list, including dead players and non-dreamers will be used]
Zelda13 and Pendiowere randomly selected to become lucid (FAIL: They’re dead/non-dreamers)
A link in timewas randomly selected to acquire FIRE (FAIL: ALIT is already dead)
Mellow EzloREALISATION: Failed to acquire any new power
Spiritual Mask SalesmanREALISATION: acquired INNER FEELING

Night 5:
Johnny Sooshi and Repentancewere randomly chosen to lose their lucidity (FAIL: they are non-lucid/non-dreamers/dead)
Mellow EzloREALISATION: failed to acquire any new power
Spiritual Mask SalesmanREALISATION: acquired FIRE

Mellow Ezlo
Poison Mido
Mellow EzloFREEZE Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask SalesmanInner feeling on Johnny Sooshi (FAIL: roleblocked by Mellow Ezlo)
LittleGumballgive POISON to Mido
LittleGumball give FREEZE to Dekunut

Day 6:
Spiritual Mask Salesman and Shroomwere randomly chosen to become lucid (FAIL: SMS is already lucid and Shroom is dead)
Mellow EzloREALISATION: acquired CUPID’S ARROW
Zelda13randomly received SWAP (FAIL: Zelda13 is already dead)

Night 6:
Mellow EzloREALISATION: acquired lucidification
Spiritual Mask SalesmanREALISATION: failed to acquire any new power

Mellow Ezlo
Poison Dekunut
Mellow EzloRoleblock Johnny Sooshi
Mellow Ezlo CUPID’s ARROW on Johnny Sooshi

Some info on game mechanics:

You could only become lucid if someone with the power of lucidification gave it to you (like Pendio and Viral Maze). Ironically, it could indeed pay off to roleclaim because this could attract attention from the people that matter. For example, when SMS claimed dreamer both Pendio and Viral Maze tried to make him lucid that very same day.
But claiming dreamer also had a downside, the loss of lucidity was also arranged by players. The mafia team had 1 player (Ari) who was able to take it away from 2 players every night.
A problem with this system was that if these people died no one could become lucid/lose lucidity for the remaining time of the game. To prevent this I included a second system. Once one of the original lucidifiers/delucidifiers (Pendio, Viral Maze and Ari) would die, their power would be randomly applied. So when Pendio died, every subsequent day 1 person randomly became lucid. But of course, this power was far more powerful in the hands of a real person. When I selected random people, I included every player. This included dead people, so after the primary lucidifiers/delucidifiers died and the players list got smaller, it become more and more rare that people gained or lost lucidity.

Obtaining powers had a similar system. A jack-of-all-trades (Little Gumball) was able to give away every power once (and max. 2 per night). At the same time, one of the deamers/drifters received a random power every day (included dead dreamers, but non-dreamers were excluded).

The areas changed by order: Courtyard --> Great Hall --> Graveyard --> Courtyard --> etc.
Kokirion (Repentance) was able to change this order at will. Although with one restriction, he was not able to stay in the same area twice in a row
There was (as can be seen on the map) also a 4th area, the Fountain of Dreams and Miracles. This was a special area, which was only accessible if Repentance would've brought us there. (fun fact: he wanted to change the area to Fountain of Dreams just when he died). This area had a special game feature: wishing! I wanted to experiment with restricted god-modding here. Every player could send me a plea of a wish (look at Rep's role for more info) and I would forward it to him. He could accept or reject it, and could take something away in return. I actually spend most of my time on polishing this area, so it was a pity we never reached it. Probably like 40% of all my effort was put into that area ^ ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom