• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your willingness to disregard GM text while also using it to persecute me is astoundingly shady. I believe we've a cult cohort.
I'd say it's quite likely Mellow is SK and a cultist. What luck.

I'm sorry if what you think I said was hypocritical. I think it is perfectly fine to quote and use the GM posts as source material. My problem was the information that you pulled. I don't see how it solidified pkfroce and in turn Mellow Ezlo as SK.

The next day began with a full frontal assault from the Mechon forces. As the chief adviser of our party, I was responsible for ensuring the safety of everyone. Although it was I who previously wielded the Monado, my current condition disallowed me from replicating such a feat. Losing the usage of my right arm was more than sufficient for defending my brethren, nonetheless.

I batted aside a Mechon M42 and ran toward one of my comrades, who was fighting a large M82 Melee Unit. My comrade inflicted Stream Edge and I toppled the brute with Steel Strike. Together he and I finished the unit off and moved to the next line.

Is this is the moment you are talking about? I think it is just story telling, opening the story with Dunban(Rosa) and Shulk (Diego) fighting alongside each other.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Twilight

Final Vote Tally:

Eoghan (5)
- musicfan, JC-Hurin, A Link In Time, Frozen Chosen, Spiritual Mask Salesman
Mellow Ezlo (1) - Eoghan

Eoghan has been lynched; no more votes will be counted. Hang tight while I get the Night scene ready.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I wasn't getting notifications for this thread so I assumed nobody was posting, so I didn't check it. Now I decide to and see that the day ended before I was able to get a single post in.

I guess all I can say is that I'm not the SK. SMS can check me if he wants. I don't quite understand why you were so sure that I was.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
My party and I swiftly tracked down the old man who had killed Dunban last night. We surrounded our quarry and raised our weapons at the ready; I gazed down the barrel of Gadolt's rifle, finger resting on the trigger. "Give it up!" I commanded. "You're no worse than the Mechon, backstabbing your own friend like that."

"You tell him, Sharla!" a stocky man praised. He adjusted his focus to the enemy. "Look here, pal, I don't know what your playin' at, but both Dunban and Shulk looked up to you like a father. 'Specially Shulk. I can't make heads or tails of your betrayal, so you've got some explainin' to do."

The old man laughed. "You kids sure think you know everythin', dontcha? I was ordered to bump off Dunban, plain and simple. Shulk would've had to go somewhere down the line, but I had nothin' to do with his death, so don't nag me about it."

"Ordered?" the stocky man asked. "Ordered by who? Sorry, mate, but your 'orders' still got Dunban killed and now you've gotta pay for it. There's no backin' out of that one."

"So what?" the old man grouched, throwing his arms up. "If you kill me, then I'm dead. But there's still some use in keeping me alive. For example, I just might have some information worth barterin'. What do you say?"

I pointed my gun closer to the prisoner. "No deal! You'd only endanger the lives of more Homs. There are less great men in the world like Dunban and...Gadolt. All because of fiends like you!"

"I'm so done with you people," the old man said, waving me away in finality. He reached down into a pocket, pulled out a cigar, and lit it. "Well, there's no better way to go."

Clinching my teeth, I shot the codger as he drew his first puff, and then fell on my knees. The weight of killing another man was too much, even if he was half of a monster.

---

Off in the distance, a winged lady watched her companion fall with some slight satisfaction. So much for sympathizing with your kind after all these years, fellow Disciple, she thought, shaking her head. She turned away and walked through a rift rippling in the air, vanishing from sight.

Eoghan was Dickson, the Two-Shot Mafia Strongman!

Night 3 ends on Thursday, August 6th, at 8:00 PM CST.
Those with power roles, send me your targets.

Players
  1. A Link In Time
  2. musicfan
  3. Linkdude74
  4. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo
  5. Frozen Chosen
  6. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  7. Cody
  8. JC-Hurin
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1
  • Diego - Shulk, the Town Dreaming God, lynched Day 2
  • Rosa Luxemburg - Dunban the Town Captain, killed Night 2
  • PokaLink - Juju, the Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
  • Eoghan - Dickson the Two-Shot Mafia Strongman, lynched Day 3

Replacements

• Double A
  • blackkirby

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I glared at the group who suddenly appeared on my monitor, impeding me from my target. These filthy Bionis pests were enough to make me mad. How dare they defend the right hand of my sword adversary? Whether they realized the true enemy was beyond them or not was irrelevant--I would begin uprooting Zanza's control by stealing away his subordinates.

"Step aside," I directed sharply. "I have no time to squander on weaklings."

"Absolutely not!" snapped a female Homs holding a familiar rifle. "We won't allow you to condemn anyone else to your mental slavery!"

I gritted my teeth, recognizing that this pathetic group was already aware of my secret. "That matter is irrelevant, for now I have pinpointed the scum among us," I stated, gesturing at the winged lady beyond them. "It is she that helps him cultivate power just so that he might unleash further devastation. For that reason, I absolutely must avenge what he has done to Mechonis. The cries of my people resounded in agony for an eternity; thus I will not back away from this opportunity."

"And what if you're wrong?" the female Homs queried. "How can you be so sure that she had anything to do with the Bionis attacking Mechonis? What makes subjecting her just in your eyes?"

Tch, such a stubborn woman. With but one step I could crush her with Yaldabaoth, my vessel, yet her friends guarded her too well. Nonetheless, my quarry was just within reach. I took a step forward. "So you would doubt my convictions, my reasons. In order to avenge my people, I've risked everything. Can you say the same?"

"Of course we can," the female Homs said, calmly raising her rifle. "We've journeyed this far, fought together, and grieved at the loss of important companions. My companions and I have lost much, yet gained just as many experiences while together. These memories will remain with us, even unto death."

Her words rankled my skin. "Wrong!" I retorted lividly. "You are just bugs intended to feed the life of the Bionis. Do not speak to me of your foolish unity!" Willing Yaldabaoth's tail to swing out, I knocked the ragdolls aside and reached down towards my prey, who remained completely still.

However, right as my hand was about to close around her, a radiant light filled the air and refracted off of Yaldabaoth's gilded plates. Inside the cabin, I threw an arm in front of my eyes, though the glare still left me dazed. Even in this state, I was confident that nothing would penetrate my vessel's armor, not even the Monado without a proper wield--

My eyes widened as the chestplate was cleaved open, and a figure peered through the gap. An aura of golden light surrounded him, and an enormous, intricate halo whirled leisurely around his head. "Stubborn mortal," he said caustically. "So desperate to cling to your pathetic life. Even when there is no hope for you!"

The being stabbed a Monado prototype through my chest and pulled it free. "Zanza!" I gasped, reaching out toward him. But as I did, darkness framed my vision and slowly the life seeped from me until I could feel only the cold dread of my failure.

Frozen Chosen was Egil, the Cult Leader!

Day 4 ends on Monday, August 10th, at 8:00 PM CST.

Players
  1. A Link In Time
  2. musicfan
  3. Linkdude74
  4. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo
  5. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  6. Cody
  7. JC-Hurin
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1
  • Diego - Shulk, the Town Dreaming God, lynched Day 2
  • Rosa Luxemburg - Dunban the Town Captain, killed Night 2
  • PokaLink - Juju, the Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
  • Eoghan - Dickson the Two-Shot Mafia Strongman, lynched Day 3
  • Frozen Chosen - Egil the Cult Leader, killed Night 3

Replacements

• Double A
  • blackkirby

Last edited:

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
That's a relief - any longer without a cultist being killed and the cult probably would have swallowed up the game and won. By my calculations, if the cult leader has been recruiting each night he should have up to 3 buddies in this thread. We should analyze votes in recent days and have a look at who's been voting in tandem with Frozen Chosen. We should be able to knock out another cultist with that information.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I wasn't getting notifications for this thread so I assumed nobody was posting, so I didn't check it. Now I decide to and see that the day ended before I was able to get a single post in.

I guess all I can say is that I'm not the SK. SMS can check me if he wants. I don't quite understand why you were so sure that I was.
I got this post legitimized, Ezlo is not the Serial Killer. Eoghan just threw that out as bait hoping we'd go after Ezlo rather than him.

Did anyone investigate Cody last night?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
  1. A Link In Time something seems off
  2. musicfan you know what it is as not to claim
  3. Linkdude74
  4. pkfroce
  5. Mellow Ezlo
  6. Spiritual Mask Salesman lie detector
  7. Cody
  8. JC-Hurin
Cop claim today if every one is alive who you investigated.

Also with how little ALiT talked even though I acknowledge that he is inactive usually

Now is the time to step up.

Vote: A Link In Time.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This is either a Vig or SK and we need to be be careful not to make any assumptions here. It doesn't mention this "giant" before and I highly doubt Mafia can kill two people (that would be ****ing overpowered to ****), so it's a definitely an independent killing role who got deflected as well. So basically the Vig/SK and the Mafia both went for the same target, which gives us, potentially, crucial information.
Ok looking back I'm wondering if the whole SK thing has any truth. JC was the first person to imply anything about a SK because after Night 1 we figured the Mafia couldn't kill two people. In light of Eoghan being lynched we now know he was a double shot Mafioso, so the whole SK thing was probably just paranoia setting in. That doesn't mean we should completely let our guard down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom