• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Doctor Who Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Owl

~Momentai
After some thought and reading some of the newer posts, There is a good chance that Axle is in fact a Timelord.
At the point of the series which this takes place there are two Timelords, The Doctor and The Master (aka. Harold Saxon).

I kinda thought that David's night scene described regeneration and given the nature of the game that might not be a bad guess.
In order to keep sides balanced it would make sense to use Both Timelords for this game of mafia.

If Axle is indeed a Timelord:
If the mafia targeted him, he's The Doctor (why try to kill your own boss?)
If a SK or Vig targeted him, He could be either one. (unless one of the two roles knows the mafia)

I have suspicions as to who he really is but I don't have any proof.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
UNOFFICIAL VOTE TALLY:
monkeyfightsquad (3)- TheMasterSword,Timeless, _VioLink_, Axle the Beast,
Axle the Beast (1)-monkeyfightsquad
TheMasterSword (1)-Thareous
_VioLink_ (1)-Darknut_Hunter
Josh (1)-TheGreen

I don't think I missed anyone. This does not include people with double voting powers. Not sure where everything's going to. VioLink is being easily influenced by other posts, and monkey is just trying to lynch Axle for no other reason than it being a gut suspision. Unless monkey knows something that we don't.

EBWODP: Monkey has 4 votes. 3 was just a typo.

Given the nature of the attack on Axle, I believe that a roleblocker targeted him rather than a doctor protected him.

David said:
That individual was, unfortunately, Axle the Beast. We decided to take a look for him and discovered that he had been attacked in the middle of the night. Upon investigation, just as we were finding out who he really was, he woke up, barely harmed and ready to go.

Could still be a doctor though. Just sounds more like a roleblocker at the moment especially in a game of this nature.

Axle the Beast said:
Yeah um... my avatar has nothing to do with Mafia.

:xd:

Ninten* said:
monkeyfightsquad (3)- TheMasterSword,Timeless, _VioLink_, Axle the Beast,

I haven't deemed monekyfightsquad overly suspicious but rather quick to judgment.

Josh (1)-TheGreen

I don't understand the vote on Josh. If anything, he's been one of the most rational posters this whole Mafia game along with Axle and Ninten*.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Now, lemme parrot some mafia pros and say that voting isn't a death sentence; I'm merely putting on some pressure. Josh's 'tactic' alone is enough to warrant a vote. Someone with as much experience as him should know that no-lynches lead to mafia wins.

Good point. He's been playing Mafia longer than I have, and everytime we had a 'No Lynch', we lost the chance to be able to lynch a Mafia for that day, so they were free to attack us in the night.

I don't understand the vote on Josh. If anything, he's been one of the most rational posters this whole Mafia game along with Axle and Ninten*.

Jake believes that me supporting a No Lynch idea to get the game rolling means that I'm scum and want as many town to die as possible.

I rather look at it such that I'm like Machiavelli and believe that the ends justify the means.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
The fact that the Mafia also decided to No Lynch (one of you guys had to be Mafia voting for No Lynch) means that they're playing a cagier match this round and are trying to keep hidden well.
Murrg.

Also Josh, listen up.

Okay, scum are always going to band wagon on a 'no lynch', it's the most inconspicuous thing to do. They don't need lynches to kill the opposing team, the town does. "I don't want any townies killed. It's safer this way." The best possible cover.

Also Josh your sig is mesmerizing...

Also Josh, listen up.

Okay, scum are always going to band wagon on a 'no lynch', it's the most inconspicuous thing to do. They don't need lynches to kill the opposing team, the town does. "I don't want any townies killed. It's safer this way." The best possible cover.

I know, and I realize that. That's precisely why I said "I know it sounds scummy."

To be honest, I don't have a response for you. It's just the way I figure the game should be played.

Also Josh your sig is mesmerizing...

Yeah....I get that a lot.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm not sure there's much more to go off of. We've practically analyzed the event to death and still haven't found a viable solution. I'm still of the opinion that powers might tell roles and seeing the idea of Axle being a Timelord is possible. However I'm still under the impression that Axle was simply protected by a Roleblock, in which case it was most likely random and had nothing to do with some type of knowledge.

My guess it they thought he might be killed and as a result wanted to save him. Personally I think this could lead us to one of the newer players as they might feel better protected with Axle, the pioneer of mafia on ZD (if I'm not mistaken), since he knows more. That's all just a guess though.

Anyway, any other thoughts guys?

Darknut_Hunter said:
My guess it they thought he might be killed and as a result wanted to save him. Personally I think this could lead us to one of the newer players as they might feel better protected with Axle, the pioneer of mafia on ZD (if I'm not mistaken), since he knows more. That's all just a guess though.

Anyway, any other thoughts guys?

Personally, a roleblocker protected Axle for that player knew the mafia would target Axle whom you accurately coin the pioneer of mafia on ZD-this subforum's moderator actually. ;)

As much as I hate to bandwagon, seems we have a stalemate on monkeyfightsquad currently. I'd like to see a bit more player action before I come to my own decision.

That's true, but the way Monkey has been formulating his posts, he seems to want to kill. With very little reason to back it up. His posts are basically "I want him dead cuz I said so." Think about this too: If Monkey was mafia, he'd be trying to kill you. If the doctor saved you, fine, Lynch. Nightkill proof, Lynch. He's only chasing after you, Because he strongly wants you dead.
...Right, I agree. I voted for Monkey, remember? In that post I was advocating voting for him over any of the other main suspicions. :P

And this....just sounds like classic Doctor Who stuff. Doctor transformations completely heal The Doctor and also change him, like with the 9th and 10th Doctor transformations. I'm not sure if David PM'd Axle of information that he changed form or some stuff like that, it would certainly help solidify the case (although prove he's Doctor if the Mafia wouldn't have figured it out with more information than us already).
I dunno if you're asking for me to provide that PM or not, but the rules David provided state that I cannot roleclaim or nameclaim, and there's no way I could confirm or deny such a PM without doing so.

Personally, a roleblocker protected Axle for that player knew the mafia would target Axle whom you accurately coin the pioneer of mafia on ZD-this subforum's moderator actually. ;)

As much as I hate to bandwagon, seems we have a stalemate on monkeyfightsquad currently. I'd like to see a bit more player action before I come to my own decision.
Yeah I don't think it's unusual in any way to think I'd be both a likely night target or a likely protection target. I've been targeted earlier in numerous Mafia games, and since a Doctor's job is to protect people and can only do so by guessing likely targets... I make a lot of sense.

And immuh just parrot my own statement from previous games: Bandwagoning isn't always a bad thing. :P

Why would someone want to save Axle?
See what I wrote to A_LINK_IN_TIME above.

As far as I know for Town, no two people are supposed to know each other's identities or abilities. They can't discuss strategies or measures of protection to keep scum from taking them down, outside the game.
There is a role specifically designed to allow that: Masons. Masons are townies that are paired up (although I suppose you could put them in bigger groups than pairs) who know each others' identities and are often allowed to discuss outside of the game.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Okay, I'm back and there has been a lot of posts. I've read them all and now I have my suspicions.

Monkey: He could be a newb townie but all his posts suggests newb mafia to me. It could be that he is going with his gut, or he's trying to finish the job he started last night. With the timelord thing, maybe the timelords don't have regeneration powers when they are lynched so when Monkey found out that Axle MIGHT have been a timelord and regenerated, he wanted to lynch him because that was the only way to kill him. FoS: Monkeyfightsquad

Violink: Since this is her first game I'm going to let her go on this first day. But IGMEOY: _Voilink_

Josh: Wanting a no lynch AGAIN seems a little suspicious to me. A mafia kill could help with finding mafia, but I see very little chance in it helping us. I also don't like the random voting on day two. Day one is fine since nobody posts that much on day one so you can't really get anything. But I think that what we have now, we can most likely lynch a mafia. I think it's better to lynch a townie than to have a no lynch. If you lynch a town you can go back and look at all the people who voted for said townie, than see which one semmed most bandwagony. I don't see how you can find mafia if you get a townie killed in the night. FoS: Josh

TheMasterSword:

Are you serious monkey? He isn't night kill proof, someone here is obviously the doctor.

How do you know he isn't nightkill proof? IGMEOY: TheMasterSword

Josh: Wanting a no lynch AGAIN seems a little suspicious to me. A mafia kill could help with finding mafia, but I see very little chance in it helping us. I also don't like the random voting on day two. Day one is fine since nobody posts that much on day one so you can't really get anything. But I think that what we have now, we can most likely lynch a mafia. I think it's better to lynch a townie than to have a no lynch. If you lynch a town you can go back and look at all the people who voted for said townie, than see which one semmed most bandwagony. I don't see how you can find mafia if you get a townie killed in the night. FoS: Josh

Oh yeah, we totally have a lot to go on. We've spent the entire day so far analyzing what Axle is, and the closest thing we have to scum is a couple of newb players. That's extremely helpful.

And AGAIN, I've said this thousands of times before, it's suspicious. We get it. But if David is into the whole detailed night scene thing, we can grab a lot more from it than

"oh well this guy just voted for our lynch guy without a reason, so there's like a 33.33333% chance he's scum!"

I don't see how you can vote for a No Lynch on day 1 when we have no evidence, and not vote for a No Lynch on day 2 when we have no evidence. Seems rather contradictory to me.

Night Owl

~Momentai
As Josh has said, No lynching may not be a bad idea at this point. If we random lynch and hit a townie, which is probable, and the mafia nightkill a townie, also very probable; then tomorrow morning we are down two townies instead of one if we had no lynched. The town would last longer if we no lynched. We have about 13-14:18 chance of hitting town, 4-5:18 of hitting mafia, if we random vote.
I don't think it's worth losing a townies life over no evidence.
Vote: No lynch

Monkey has been suspicious But after checking out his posts, My gut says he'll likely end up being a townie.
I think his antics are an attempt on his part at trying to draw out the mafia by seeing who gets over defensive when he votes.

I think we need to seriously get over this notion of "not spilling townie blood", because I promise you that no matter what you do, you're going to. A lot. That said I don't think Josh is scummy at all.

Either way we're just about out of time, guys. Vote for whatever you're going to vote for. I still think Monkey is a good lynch and definitely seems scummy, so ya, maybe you should vote for him. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom