• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Ever Wake Up in the Middle of the Night?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I have some difficulty getting to sleep (especially if I don't have my earphones on playing quiet, calm music...) but once I am asleep I usually won't wake up until morning unless I'm sick. Also I'm much more of a night person than a morning person so sleeping in is something I love to be able to do if I get the chance.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've learned that unless I am properly tired, it's hard for me to go to sleep, so I stay up until I feel my head is in the right mode. Once I have fallen asleep, tho, I sleep rather soundly. I've slept through plenty of ruckuses, as long as I've reached deep sleep before the noise started happening. And even if something does wake me, as long as it's not a consistent loud noise, I can simply roll over and go back to sleep.

I used to be but im not anymore, too much discomfort while sleeping and i have to be extremely comfortable to get any sleep at all, most of the time i only scratch the surface of actual rest of mind and body

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
According to my parents, back when I was in high school, short of them vigorously shaking me awake, nothing would rouse me from my slumber. It's pretty much the same these days although I never know anymore how long it's going to take me to fall asleep. If I go to bed at the wrong time, I could be up all night because the slightest noise can pull me back from the edge of sleep.

I don't know. It's a bit weird. I actually think I have some inner hourglass or something, because when I sleep it's like I wake up every hour, some times it's just for a microsecond and other times I open my eyes looking at the clock and going back to sleep. I've tried once, when I went to sleep at 03.00 AM and I didn't have to do anything the next day, but I woke up every hour. No I'm not kidding, my clock showed 04.00, 05.00, 06.00, 07.00 and so on when I woke up.

Not... really, no. But, it's actually really complicated. I sleep well, especially during my after-school naps, when I have my iPod playing... but though I hear things over my music, I don't stir. I often hear things from the television or from other people's conversations being implemented into my dreams, and I am also apparently known to have sensible dialogues with people while I'm sleeping. I am not consciously aware of it, but my brain apparently registers people directing their words at me and involuntarily makes me reply with a logical response.

But I have good ears anyways... I sleep through sounds I hear, but I don't actually wake to them. My mind just seems to treat them as an extra element of my dream. Like, this one time, I was dreaming that I was in a blackout in the 1940s back in World War II, and I awoke to the bomb explosion, only to find that my dad got up in the middle of the night to use the toilet. The flushing of the toilet was the bomb. I'll never forget that experience.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Eh, I'm somewhat of a sound sleeper. I know that if I'm dead asleep then NOTHING will wake me short of someone putting a foghorn up to my ear. Owie! >.<

But if I'm half asleep or have just been roused awake and am about to fall back asleep then yes, if I hear a loud noise or hear my name being called I'll wake up. It's quite annoying really at those times, but yeah I do consider myself to be a sound sleeper most of the time. :)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I am an extremely sound sleeper. My sleep is something I love, and I can pretty much sleep whenever I want to (though it's usually in the night). I recall my family once telling me that the fire alarm was making that annoying low battery sound (which is pretty loud, actually), and it woke everyone in my family except me. I usually sleep for about 10 hours if nothing wakes me up (like my alarm clock).

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Well, way back during 2010 my general area got torn up by several tornadoes, luckily there were no casualties but the property damage was pretty bad. Ahem, but back on subject, I slept through it all...and while I live in a basement overall I am not sure if I shouldn't been able to sleep through such a thing, so overall to a degree I guess I am a sound sleeper, or perhaps overall it depends. If something is really close to me and makes noise such as a phone ringing sometimes it might wake me up though, but not always, so I am gonna say that sometimes I am a sound sleeper and sometimes I'm not.

Clank

Hmm
I sleep in the basement and completely am, I have slept through alarms, the basement flooding, repair people(I stay up really late, just another benefit of being homeschooled), and other thing which I was never informed of.

Yet, if I hear my name or anything which might interest my wakeful self, I am instantly awake.

Joy

The Sexy One
I sleep well, but I sometimes talk and/or walk in my sleep, and I always have the weirdest dreams.

Occasionally I have nightmares, and then when I wake up because of a nightmare I can't sleep for the rest of the night, but that's something else.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
I take FOREVER to fall asleep. Literally. Like 3 hours. I guess it is because my mind is so active.
But when I do fall asleep, my dreams are so vivid it is like every fibre of my being has been transferred to another world, making me impossible to wake up.

Although strangely, I do have a tendency to wake up at 5 every night....

Claire

The Geekette
I take a while to fall asleep, but it doesn't bother me as much as waking up repeatedly in the middle of the night. Sometimes it is due to external factors (rude neighbors [who orders a delivery pizza at 1AM!?], traffic, Canadian geese [I live next to a stream now]), which is probably the most irritating, but sometimes I wake up just out of the blue. It tends to take a while for me to fall asleep then too, which makes it even more frustrating. No matter what time I fall asleep, I can't sleep in past 8 because my brain fears being late for class.. even on the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom