• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Crazy 48 Ocarina Glitch - Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
So this weekend I started a new profile on MM. The intro did fine, Link was thrown off Epona as the Skull Kid rode away. Then when the gameplay began, I immediately died. I respawned, but with no life hearts, no sword, and no shield. Then when I went to my subscreen, I had 48 Ocarinas! 24 on the items screen, 24 on the masks screen. They all were usable items and played fine, although of course I couldn't play any songs since I hadn't learned any. I tried to play anyway just out of curiosity, and once again after the deku transformation cutscene finished, I died and respawned. Happened again after meeting the Salesman .. apparently these deaths were due to me having 0 life hearts. I could only play up until the fairy fountain in N. Clock Town, because I would die after the fairy cutscene then would have to do it again and again to get the magic meter & bubble attack. I quit, then deleted & recreated a new file, and all was fine.

Here are pics of the 2 item screens (I took them with my camera phone, hence the small pic sizes):

20721785785orig.jpg

20721785816orig.jpg

Anyway, I just thought it was weird and have no clue why it happened. Anyone else had anything like this happen before? lol.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
LOL! This is so funny, that is one unusual glitch!:) I've never seen this before, and I have no idea why this happened, but it is hilarious.

insanity76

Perhaps you have to play a single note on each, and it will unlock an EPIC mask?
Or perhaps the game just went screwy....

Take your pick. ;)

LOL .. I should've tried for the epic mask.

I really wish I could've gotten further than I did to see what would've happened when I got a C button item (I think the Moon Tear would've been the first thing?) since all the item slots were filled with ocarinas.

Beeker

Wild Card
that is awesome, link could sell most of them and gain money to start a small buisness

Who needs to be a hero when you could have your own business selling ocarinas? :lol:

But that does seem to be a weird glitch, I've never seen anything like thato_O

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I've had this glitch happen to me once. I remember freaking out when I saw my arsenal of ocarinas and when I died everytime something miniscual happened to me. It was pretty funny. :xd: But then after I turned off the game and let it rest for a while, when I turned it back on, all my data and stuff was back like it never happened.

I'm not sure exactly how it happens, but I want to think it happens when your game isn't inserted correctly or something like that. :hmm:

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Hahaha, I've never seen this glitch before! That's pretty funny. =)
You probably just have a screwy game/system like I do, except instead of it freezing every time you accidentally bump the console a bit, you get a random and bizarre Ocarina/spontaneous death error.

insanity76

I've had this glitch happen to me once. I remember freaking out when I saw my arsenal of ocarinas and when I died everytime something miniscual happened to me. It was pretty funny. :xd:

You're right it was pretty funny and freaky at the same time :lol: Oh yeah and that reminds me, the little dog in S. Clock Town that knocks you down if you're Deku Link but doesn't do damage? He'd hit me and I'd die lol. He got me a couple times. The first time I didn't know what happened, the second time I saw him coming but it was too late :( lol death by Toto.

Hahaha, I've never seen this glitch before! That's pretty funny. =)
You probably just have a screwy game/system like I do, except instead of it freezing every time you accidentally bump the console a bit, you get a random and bizarre Ocarina/spontaneous death error.

Yeah the console is over 13 years old & the cartridge is from MM's release date in 2000, so they're pretty old lol.

D

dins fire

hmm... what system were you using? were you playing on the camecube collectors eddition, wii shop channel version, or n64 version 1.0 or 1.1?
(1.0 has a gold cartridge and 1.1 has a reg one).

insanity76

hmm... what system were you using? were you playing on the camecube collectors eddition, wii shop channel version, or n64 version 1.0 or 1.1?
(1.0 has a gold cartridge and 1.1 has a reg one).

This was on the N64 console (which I've had since 1997) and apparently the 1.0 version of the game .. gold cartridge with the 3-d hologram picture. I got it the day MM was released in September of 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom