• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There's no concrete evidence either way. Since it is simpler to assume it is the same, Occam's Razor would suggest that he is the same, which is why I think Juicie is so adamant. I personally take the leap the other way, as FSA Ganon being a different Ganon reconciles a few issues on the timeline, making things fit a bit simpler. Not perfect, but at this point we don't have enough info to make a perfect timeline, so it's good enough.

I'm not using Occam's Razor for this, although this is something it would easily apply to. I'm just saying there seems to be more evidence saying they're the same rather than they're not. In fact, the evidence that he's not can just be turned right back around and be used to say he is the same.

But FSA really doesn't imply that it's the same Ganondorf we all know and love. The game brings up the whole "every 100 years we get a new Gerudo guardian" in reference to FSA Ganondorf. TP already occurs hundreds of years after OoT's child timeline ending, and if FSA takes place after (although I think it's after TWW, personally), FSA's Ganondorf would have to be a new Gerudo male born less than 100 years ago from when FSA starts. He also doesn't care about the Triforce or anything either since he goes straight for the trident. OoT's Ganondorf would never forget about the Triforce.

Pretty much everything Nintendo put in FSA implies that OoT and FSA have two different Ganondorfs. When Nintendo wants to show something to the player, they're usually pretty good about it (like explicitly telling us the hero who defeated Ganon in OoT was the Hero of Time in TWW's prologue). As it is, there is nothing to show that FSA's Ganondorf is the same as OoT's, and it would require several strange assumptions and at least one blatant contradiction.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
But FSA really doesn't imply that it's the same Ganondorf we all know and love. The game brings up the whole "every 100 years we get a new Gerudo guardian" in reference to FSA Ganondorf. TP already occurs hundreds of years after OoT's child timeline ending, and if FSA takes place after (although I think it's after TWW, personally), FSA's Ganondorf would have to be a new Gerudo male born less than 100 years ago from when FSA starts. He also doesn't care about the Triforce or anything either since he goes straight for the trident. OoT's Ganondorf would never forget about the Triforce.

Pretty much everything Nintendo put in FSA implies that OoT and FSA have two different Ganondorfs. When Nintendo wants to show something to the player, they're usually pretty good about it (like explicitly telling us the hero who defeated Ganon in OoT was the Hero of Time in TWW's prologue). As it is, there is nothing to show that FSA's Ganondorf is the same as OoT's, and it would require several strange assumptions and at least one blatant contradiction.

It's all sketchy either way. Surely you can realize that. And, as I've said before, what you're saying is actually pretty good evidence for the FSS being a separate/alternate legend.

Remember Zelda's prophecy: Ganondorf will always return so long as the Triforce remains. Therefore, Ganondorf can die as many times as he wants and will always return. Probably without his memory, but still the same guy with basically the same abilities. This prophecy works best with the non-split timeline but can still work well with the split.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Remember Zelda's prophecy: Ganondorf will always return so long as the Triforce remains. Therefore, Ganondorf can die as many times as he wants and will always return. Probably without his memory, but still the same guy with basically the same abilities. This prophecy works best with the non-split timeline but can still work well with the split.

Um...what prophecy is this? I've never heard of this anywhere.

Anyway, if she ever said that, that would be Ganondorf literally coming back, as in the same exact guy coming back again and again.

There's literally no evidence to suggest FSA Ganon is the same as any others other than his name. I think the statement about a Gerudo male being born every 100 years is a fairly big clue from Nintendo that there could be more than one Ganondorf.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There's literally no evidence to suggest FSA Ganon is the same as any others other than his name. I think the statement about a Gerudo male being born every 100 years is a fairly big clue from Nintendo that there could be more than one Ganondorf.
The issue with that quotation is that there is generally only one Gerudo male, with the possibility of their being an overlap for a short period of time. I have checked the quotation, and the 3DS quote remains unchanged from the original:

Nabooru said:
A kid like you may not know this,
but the Gerudo race consists only
of women. Only one man is born
every hundred years...
Even though our laws say that
lone male Gerudo must become
King of the Gerudo, I'll never
bow to such an evil man!

Repeated use of words like "only" and "lone" suggest the scarcity of the event, which implies that the continuation of the Gerudo monarchy rests in the hands of Ganondorf. If Ganondorf dies, there is no remaining way to produce an heir of royal blood. This makes me skeptical of multiple Ganons because this sort of thing is harder to work around than the re-occurrence of Zelda or Link, because they don't necessarily have to share blood ties.

The Gerudo we see in FSA are a declining group, which is only fitting after the absence of a Gerudo king, which means they would have had to depart from traditional Gerudo customs and abandon the bloodline of the monarchy and make regular practice of bearing children with those outside of the Gerudo tribe. This is referenced in OoT as "searching for boyfriends," but that does not necessarily indicate child-bearing (with perhaps the exception of Talon's wife).

One thing that makes me believe Ganondorf does not die at the end of TP is that the ToP leaves his hand after he has been stabbed with the Master Sword; we don't necessarily know the exact reason for its departure from his hand -- its departure may be tied to his defeat rather than death. If the fatality of the blow is determined by when the blow is dealt, he was "protected" under the ToP because he still had it at the time of being stabbed. We know that TWW Ganondorf died without the ToP in his hand -- it had left to form the full Triforce. Then the Master Sword was embedded in his skull, which has happened before in OoT, although Ganondorf had the ToP at the time. Perhaps it is the fact that the Master Sword remains embedded in Ganondorf that constitutes his confirmed death, because the weapon that is designed to defeat him is constantly inflicting a wound. However, unlike in TWW, the Master Sword is removed from Ganondorf's body (it can be seen returned to Link's sheath at 4:43 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmxxIZapJXc ); if the wound to his stomach was not fatal, it is possible that he could have survived unbeknownst to Link and Zelda.

At any rate, if Ganondorf does not die at the end of TP, he would become a nomadic character like the one we see in FSA. He had become estranged from the Gerudo for over 100 years, having been sealed in the Twilight Realm, and all his connections with TP characters are now defunct, because Zant is dead. It is not uncharacteristic of this same Ganondorf, whom we know from OoT to be incredibly ambitious and willing to do anything for power, that he would betray his former tribe for the prospect of regaining some of his lost power.

Four Swords Adventures said:
Once every 100 years, a
special child is born unto
my people.

That child is destined to
be the mighty guardian of
the Gerudo and the desert.

But this child, its heart
grew twisted with every
passing year.

The child became a man
who hungered for power
at any price.

Note that the word "child" is used in place of OoT's "male" in FSA, but it is not a retcon of "male" because OoT 3DS' text is the most recent game and bears the same text as the original. Child is a more ambiguous term, and does not preclude the notion that the "special child" is always male.

The description of Ganondorf in FSA matches what we know of him in OoT, so I wouldn't say there is "no evidence" at all.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Repeated use of words like "only" and "lone" suggest the scarcity of the event, which implies that the continuation of the Gerudo monarchy rests in the hands of Ganondorf. If Ganondorf dies, there is no remaining way to produce an heir of royal blood. This makes me skeptical of multiple Ganons because this sort of thing is harder to work around than the re-occurrence of Zelda or Link, because they don't necessarily have to share blood ties.

The Gerudo we see in FSA are a declining group, which is only fitting after the absence of a Gerudo king, which means they would have had to depart from traditional Gerudo customs and abandon the bloodline of the monarchy and make regular practice of bearing children with those outside of the Gerudo tribe. This is referenced in OoT as "searching for boyfriends," but that does not necessarily indicate child-bearing (with perhaps the exception of Talon's wife).

Not to contradict you, as I'm with you on the "only one Ganon" thing, but who's to say that the male has to be a descendant of the previous one? I mean, it's every 100 years on the spot. That seems like some kind of intervention with the zygote by some deity to me.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Not to contradict you, as I'm with you on the "only one Ganon" thing, but who's to say that the male has to be a descendant of the previous one? I mean, it's every 100 years on the spot. That seems like some kind of intervention with the zygote by some deity to me.

...ewww. I think I may switch theories to whichever one does not force to imagine that.

...ewwwwww.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom