• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
One thing that makes me believe Ganondorf does not die at the end of TP is that the ToP leaves his hand after he has been stabbed with the Master Sword; we don't necessarily know the exact reason for its departure from his hand -- its departure may be tied to his defeat rather than death. If the fatality of the blow is determined by when the blow is dealt, he was "protected" under the ToP because he still had it at the time of being stabbed. We know that TWW Ganondorf died without the ToP in his hand -- it had left to form the full Triforce. Then the Master Sword was embedded in his skull, which has happened before in OoT, although Ganondorf had the ToP at the time. Perhaps it is the fact that the Master Sword remains embedded in Ganondorf that constitutes his confirmed death, because the weapon that is designed to defeat him is constantly inflicting a wound. However, unlike in TWW, the Master Sword is removed from Ganondorf's body (it can be seen returned to Link's sheath at 4:43 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmxxIZapJXc ); if the wound to his stomach was not fatal, it is possible that he could have survived unbeknownst to Link and Zelda.
Wouldn't the wound itself be just as fatal as the inflicting of it? Once the ToP leaves, he has a gaping hole in his chest and several internal organs punctured.

And precedent shows that the critical period for the ToP's power is just after being stabbed. When he was executed, he was first stabbed, and then the ToP lit up and he was revived. At the end, he was stabbed, and the ToP disappeared, implying the opposite.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Wouldn't the wound itself be just as fatal as the inflicting of it? Once the ToP leaves, he has a gaping hole in his chest and several internal organs punctured.

And precedent shows that the critical period for the ToP's power is just after being stabbed. When he was executed, he was first stabbed, and then the ToP lit up and he was revived. At the end, he was stabbed, and the ToP disappeared, implying the opposite.

It failed him due to the Master Sword being shoved into his previous wound. Since he's evil, he couldn't use his power. The last thing tethering him to life was then Zant. What DuckNoises said is very legit. It left him, but it's still out there. He can still come back, and I think that was a clear foreshadow of a revival.

Garo

Boy Wonder

I agree with this school of thought. I think that had he kept the Triforce of Power, then the Master Sword impaling him would be more of an imprisonment/sealed situation, but since it leaves him, it's more like leaving him to his fate... in this case, death.

Something that has struck me aswell is through the Zelda series the MS has always been portrayed more as an instrument for sealing evil whereas it has been the light arrows used to kill Ganon. It's in fact the fact that the MS is kept in Ganon that implies a sealing to me, especially with him turning to stone, as if to imply that if the MS was taken out of his head he would be revived. But that's really starting to change into conjecture now...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Something that has struck me aswell is through the Zelda series the MS has always been portrayed more as an instrument for sealing evil whereas it has been the light arrows used to kill Ganon. It's in fact the fact that the MS is kept in Ganon that implies a sealing to me, especially with him turning to stone, as if to imply that if the MS was taken out of his head he would be revived. But that's really starting to change into conjecture now...

The Silver Arrows are what kill him. The Light Arrows stun him. And, again, he didn't have the Triforce of Power when he was turned into stone. He could have been stabbed with any sword without his ToP and died. What's to prevent the Master Sword from doing that? Are you saying the MS is only capable of sealing evil? That all the enemies Link kills didn't really die? Ganondorf is still a human, he's just a sorceror. He's as mortal as any other living being. He's only immortal so long as he has the ToP.

I really doubt there is more than one Ganondorf. The Twinrova sisters try to revive him in OoX. He's still the same one in WW for sure. And plus, the Gerudo tribe seems to die out after OoT.

I really doubt there is more than one Ganondorf. The Twinrova sisters try to revive him in OoX.

FSA is considered to be the second Ganondorf's origin, if a second Ganondorf is to be believed in. OoX was made before FSA, and would be placed later than FSA anyhow.

And plus, the Gerudo tribe seems to die out after OoT.

If FSA is placed on the same timeline as the rest of the games, then they come back in a different form. The Gerudo in FSA are more nomadic and peaceful than their ancestors.

All the more reason for them to call an OoT Ganondorf "criminal" and talk down on him. They would have been taught that he was not someone to be honored.

They would also know he's more than capable of passing something as simple as the Desert Temple, if that's the case. They probably wouldn't be unsure of his motives, either (the Gerudo chief acts like she's not quite sure what Ganondorf is up to).

Plus, they only start considering him a criminal once he took off for the sacred grounds of the pyramid.

S

skylink712

Ganon and his deaths(defeats).
LOZ: he is killed with the silver arrows.
TAOL: He only appears on the gameover screen.
ALTTP: He is killed by using both the Master Sword, and the Silver arrows.
OOT: He is sealed.
Oracles: He is bought back as a mindless monster. Is killed.
Wind Waker: Is killed.
FSA: Is sealed in the Four Sword.
Twilight Princess: Is killed.

Hope that helps.

actually the ganondorf in WW is sealed in stone at the end. it doesn't mean he's dead

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
They would also know he's more than capable of passing something as simple as the Desert Temple...

You keep forgetting that he wouldn't have entered the Sacred Realm, but rather failed at that attempt. And since that's the case, why would they have thought he could do something like the Desert Temple, which is surely not simple. I mean, you're not gonna put some horrible dark power in something someone can just waltz into and easily take it. That's just silly.

actually the ganondorf in WW is sealed in stone at the end. it doesn't mean he's dead

He's not sealed in stone. He's turned into stone. As I've said before, he didn't have his Triforce piece already when he was stabbed. Without his Triforce piece, any normal sword could have killed him. Are you saying that just because it's the Master Sword that is has to seal him? If that's the case, why do all the monsters in the game die?

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes

Dude! The Master Sword has penetrated his head. I think, like Juicie, he is dead. The Ganondstory is over (at least on the Adult Timeline). Another proof is Phantom Hourglass and Spriti Tracks. No Ganondorf.

Why did he turn into stone? Well, he is not sealed. The main reason was the rating. There was an Interview (my memories are, unfortunately, blurry) some time ago, I've read. Turning Ganondorf into stone was less violent. No blood, no gruesome death animation. That's the reason. The game is rated E for Everyone in the US. You could show more with a Teen rating. Anyway. That was one of the main reasons. And it's very plausible too ;)

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Dude! The Master Sword has penetrated his head. I think, like Juicie, he is dead. The Ganondstory is over (at least on the Adult Timeline). Another proof is Phantom Hourglass and Spriti Tracks. No Ganondorf.

Why did he turn into stone? Well, he is not sealed. The main reason was the rating. There was an Interview some time ago (my memories are, unfortunately, blurry) some time ago I've read this. Turning Ganondorf into stone was less violent. No blood, no gruesome death animation. That's the reason. The game is rated E for Everyone in the US. You could show more with a Teen rating. Anyway. That was one of the main reasons. And it's very plausible too ;)

It's also just an epic way to end the villain's life. Standing up and with his final breath "Heh heh... The wind...it is...blowing." Much better than just...dying normally.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
It's also just an epic way to end the villain's life. Standing up and with his final breath "Heh heh... The wind...it is...blowing." Much better than just...dying normally.

200% agree. If this is really the end of Ganondorf on the Adult Timeline, it was epic. It was the best choice to end an era of a great villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom