• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
It was never stated that SS would lead into OoT though. There is a big difference between leading up to a game, and being a prequel to one. For example, tWW/PH-->ST. PH directly follows WW but does not directly lead into ST. Now, back when TP was explained timeline wise, Eiji never mentioned once MM at all. Only its relation to OoT, because that is the game that everyone uses as a timeline anchor. So with that said, there is a limitless amount of time allowed between SS and OoT, and the fact that quotes only mention OoT doesnt mean as much simply for the reason of TPs quoted placement and the absence of MM. These interviewers need to stop bringing up OoT, the game is hardly an anchor at all anymore imo.

You miss my point. I'm of the opinion that games can definitely happen between SS and OoT. However, it would seem amiss that when the developers discussed SS and what it leads up/in to, why would they focus on OoT if the Four Swords came first and explained Ganon[dorf]? I'm also not saying this isn't possible, there isn't enough proof either way, but I lean towards two possibilities: (a) it isn't true, or (b) it is but they aren't yet ready to nail it down. Of those I think the former is more likely.

Furthermore, I think your point on MM is moot - it goes without saying that MM is between OoT and TP, but all the plot connections in TP are from events in OoT not from events in MM (therefore speaking of TP in relation to MM would serve only to confuse more people than it would inform).

M

Meatball

It's hard to understand the timeline... For one, Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time, correct? And In SS, Link is a teen/adult, however in OoT, he is a child. There has to be multiple Links, and if there;s multiple Links, there is most likely multiple Zeldas, Ganons, Impas, etc.

I do not agree with the people who say there is only one Ganondorf. He dies in Tp but he is not the final Ganondorf. Just because his power was taken from him does not mean an incarnation of hatred! which is Ganondorf will not possess the ToP later down the timeline. Link's incarnations most of them possess the power of courage. Different Links, Different Zelda's whichever they still possess that power of the triforce later on. I highly doubt that the same would not go for Ganon since he is the main antagonist of the game. SS practically told us that there will be a never ending cycle of Ganon's Links, and Zelda's try to prove me wrong I dare ya?

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
try to prove me wrong I dare ya?

Link only appears when I hero is needed:

-> Hero of Time
etc.

It only see's fit that Zelda is named by tradition something like every first born daughter is named Zelda after the original Princess etc?

Ganon is a plot twist, Demise's hatred doesn't create Ganon it just gives a reason for some one to go after the Triforce (Demise's original intention).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom