• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Choose One Thing You Hope for from BotW 2

that they at the very least go back somewhat to what the zelda formaula has been for over 2 and a half decade (so that what makes a game actually a zelda game), because breath of the wild had really nothing in common with what the zelda series have been for over 2 and a half decade

breath of the wild is more or less a generic open world game like there already existed at least 14 in a dozen before the game was released; breath of the wild is a just game that is minorly superficially zelda sugar coated and just named zelda in the tittle; it is only a zelda game in theory but not in reality (practice)

i'm not saying it is a bad game, not at all, moreover it is a good game for sure; but it is not a good zelda game since it is actually not really a zelda game (what the series stood for for more than 2 and a half decades)

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
I want to be able to take picture. We haven’t seen the Slate, and I think that the hand will replace it. So, I want to take pictures with the palm of my hand, like that one guy in MHA.

Gorozoron

wild ride
I hope it's more immersive than BOTW. When I play BOTW I feel a lot more detached from it than other Zelda games. It's mostly from the lack of any compelling story and a lack of memorable characters. It's just a fun open world sandbox to mess around in to me, it just so happens to pretend it's a Zelda game sometimes and pretends it has a plot.
I have fun screwing around in BOTW but fingers crossed BOTW2 has a more engaging story and feels like an actual Zelda title.

I think it'd be cool if all the ruins were rebuilt. Imagine having a rebuilt towns on the level of Majora's Mask clocktown, where the many of the NPC's have their own side quests and stories.

Also, I want to see underwater exploration, and a better Zora suit. IMO Majora's Mask is the only Zelda game which did swimming right, the Zora suit in BOTW was honestly quite disappointing, so maybe there can be a buffed one that's fast? Also, maybe some underwater combat to, Majora's mask underwater combat was acceptable (better then the other games for sure) but it wasn't great, like maybe the Zora tridents could be stabbed while swimming?

Also, as a replacement for Shrines, I think caves that are essentially mini dungeons should be scattered about the world, and should look different based on their location and should have different rewards.

Last edited:
I want an improved quick swap. I don't like how in BOTW the quick select for weapons you have to scroll through a lot of weapons to find the one you want. An idea I had was that BOTW2 incorporate a radial menu so the quick swap is quicker and you can access your weapons quicker. Also, don't completely pause the game when quick swapping, I didn't like that in BOTW. IMO the game should go into slow motion when in quick swap so it doesn't feel like your completely stopping the action.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
They could always just fix this by making the weapon system actually feel like that of a Zelda game. You know, have no more than a handful of weapons to find in the entire game, but ones that are all vastly different from one a other. All have their own dedicated inventory slots and are completely permanent so it actually feels like you’re completing a task by obtaining them.

Then you wouldn’t have to deal with constantly switching weapons because they won’t all shatter when the nearest korok breaks wind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom