• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Choose One Thing You Hope for from BotW 2

I’d love for more lore on enemies, like the story of the Red Lynel of Ploymus Mountain. Even written recounts can be quite nice.

In all honesty, anything lore and history related would be nice, even if it doesn’t relate direcly to the story.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Small necro, but one thing I'd love to see is a lot more crossover costumes for Link with other Nintendo IPs. There was the one Xenoblade 2 costume in the first game, but having multiple Nintendo IPs have costumes for Link (and potentially Zelda?) would be dope.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
One thing that botw was missing compared to most other zelda games was interesting characters. I'm not talking main characters like champions, but towns folk. In other games most of them have funny designs, interesting personalities and melodramatic tales of woe. In botw, it was mii-ripoff number 162 and friends. We never really had any reason to care about the people. I know it was kind of a necessity, considering how many people have to fill the map, but it'd be nice of them to spice things up for the sequels.

One thing that botw was missing compared to most other zelda games was interesting characters. I'm not talking main characters like champions, but towns folk. In other games most of them have funny designs, interesting personalities and melodramatic tales of woe. In botw, it was mii-ripoff number 162 and friends. We never really had any reason to care about the people. I know it was kind of a necessity, considering how many people have to fill the map, but it'd be nice of them to spice things up for the sequels.

same with me. I want the tragic minor character stories to return like the windmill guy from OoT and not lame Mii like characters who are doing trivial things like collecting ingredients out in the wild or "exploring" for no reason and being an annoyance to have to save only for them to keep doing the same dumb thing.

Most of the characters that Link meets or has to save from monsters are very lame and why is it nearly always females that have to be saved and usually the same ones over and over again with the same lame excuses!

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
If I can only pick 1 thing, it has to be real dungeons. I don't really consider the Divine Beasts real dungeons, they are more akin to mini-dungeons, like the Ice Cavern from OOT.
Real dungeons with real and unique bosses in them, not GanonWater.exe and then GanonFire.exe...

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Visually distinct bosses that play less like token dungeon item puzzles and more like the fights from Dark Souls. They don't have to be on that difficulty level, but I'd still rather have a fight.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I found plenty of the characters to be interesting but they were just never explored and we were limited to just a couple lines of quirky dialogue to pique interest but these characters were never involved in any quests to expose more about backstories or give them development. BoTW was just a big tease in that regard.

There isn't really an excuse for it either because The Witcher 3 had even more characters filling its world, many were limited to a couple of lines but plenty of them had well thought out backstories and their own quests. This should have been done for BoTW and I hope this is corrected in BoTW 2

I want to see the Twili civilization for once. No floating island with monsters. :eyes:

Well Zant was responsible for their monsterous forms so I'd expect any future Twili to retain their human forms. That would be something I'd love to see again especially if we see their society in action. I'd still expect their structures to be build on floating islands though as the Twilight realm is basically a void which the magic users were sealed in so there might not be any large land mass for them to build on.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I want to see the Twili civilization for once. No floating island with monsters. :eyes:
lol yeah, i remember being fairly dissapointed when i got to the twilight realm and it was like 7 twili and 3 floating rocks
and i turned to midna like girl, you really thought this was more important than hyrule

fr tho that place was empty af
i expected to see like, something, but there was like, nothing
me and midna were totally gonna have an epic all night girls slumber party, smoke weed, jump on the bed, pillow fights, etc
but there was no weed, no pillows, no bed, she didnt even have a ROOM because there was literally nothing there
and all the "people" did was stand around and moan like vegetables, which is probably what i'd also do if i lived on an empty floating rock (if i hadnt already jumped off)
anyways you expect me to believe zant and midna actually felt the need to fight for control over this?? if i were one of em i woulda just been like sure you can have it, this b**** empty yeet
which brings me to my next point, from a twili standpoint, zant was totally right, midna shoulda just let him invade hyrule tbh
or at least just move your 7 little thingamabobs over and let em chill in the desert or somethin, theyll at least have a slightly more interesting life there
alright rant over kthxbye

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Well Zant was responsible for their monsterous forms so I'd expect any future Twili to retain their human forms. That would be something I'd love to see again especially if we see their society in action. I'd still expect their structures to be build on floating islands though as the Twilight realm is basically a void which the magic users were sealed in so there might not be any large land mass for them to build on.

It's more that I didn't believe that their society could function from the moment I saw that one floating island. Turning it into a dungeon hampered my ability to perceive the Twili as an actual people. Suddenly they were just a thing the game talked about without ever showing.

Reactions: Dio
I found plenty of the characters to be interesting but they were just never explored and we were limited to just a couple lines of quirky dialogue to pique interest but these characters were never involved in any quests to expose more about backstories or give them development. BoTW was just a big tease in that regard.

There isn't really an excuse for it either because The Witcher 3 had even more characters filling its world, many were limited to a couple of lines but plenty of them had well thought out backstories and their own quests. This should have been done for BoTW and I hope this is corrected in BoTW 2

Here's an example of how Mii-like and trivial acting the bland minor NPCs in BOTW act

• Haha
Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom