• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Choose One Thing You Hope for from BotW 2

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I really don't think you understand my feelings otherwise you would probably stop

I mean, I can assume.

I assume that you're of the mind that Link is characterized well enough in Zelda and that his facial gestures, body language, and occasional Zelda diary entries are enough to personify. Perhaps a little more overt characterization would be nice, but it isn't necessary. Based on the tone of this forum, I'd say it's also reasonable you prefer that Link remain silent in order to put the player in the driver's seat and that Link talking would detract from that.
However, if I'm totally wrong than feel free to correct me. :wynaut:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I assume that you're of the mind that Link is characterized well enough in Zelda and that his facial gestures, body language. Based on the tone of this forum, I'd say it's also reasonable you prefer that Link remain silent in order to put the player in the driver's seat and that Link talking would detract from that.
while all this is true it's not really why I'm not comfortable with you constantly describing link as drooling
you can criticize link without that

I hope they bring back the Master Cycle and make it a franchise staple. It will be great for my vegan runs, which I attempt with most games. It doesn't really work in BoTW, since you have to ride sand seals, etc, to get it. But it could be a nice alternative going forward.

I want the materials to have much more use. There's 999 spaces in one slot of an item. This seems a bit unnecessary. I wish there were more trading sequences where you need to collect a lot of material like with Tarrey Town and wood or maybe you could make arrows or your own weapons to use up things like rubies. Upgrading a bokobat with monster parts and wood to make a dragon bone bokobat makes too much sense imo. At a certain point, these item slots just become assets to trade for Rupees that you'll probably never need. This ties into balancing the cooking. Why buy milk for a meal when I could just throw in Hearty Durians I found in the wild? For an out-there-idea, maybe we can have something like The Roost from Animal Crossing, where we can use materials we have to make food for NPCs as they trade rando stories and Rupees/other extra gifts. That old guy in Snowfield Stable giving his story about losing friends as kids is what I was thinking about as a nice interaction behind food.

Out of curiosity, back then for the release of SS or ALBW, was it such a common sight to see people wanting to play as Zelda (technically outside of Spirit Tracks), or is it more common for BotW 2? Is it since people saw her going on an adventure with Link here?

Out of curiosity, back then for the release of SS or ALBW, was it such a common sight to see people wanting to play as Zelda (technically outside of Spirit Tracks), or is it more common for BotW 2? Is it since people saw her going on an adventure with Link here?
In looking through the forum, "playable Zelda" only comes up for forums relating to BOTW 2, Smash Bros. Brawl, some Breath of the Wild 1 speculation, and in reflection about Spirit Tracks and how cool it is you can kind of play as her. So, no, there hasn't been much hype about a playable Zelda actually being in a game, other than for the two BotW games.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
In looking through the forum, "playable Zelda" only comes up for forums relating to BOTW 2, Smash Bros. Brawl, some Breath of the Wild 1 speculation, and in reflection about Spirit Tracks and how cool it is you can kind of play as her. So, no, there hasn't been much hype about a playable Zelda actually being in a game, other than for the two BotW games.
there was a lot of "playable zelda" speculation for botw as I recall
it got pretty annoying
some people were even asking for linkle ugh

I admit, Link's at his blankest, (*cough*blandest*cough*) in BOTW, but there's an in-game explanation for that. He's an emotionless soldier, unable to express how he truly feels most times because of the burdens on him, etc. He still shows personality though, which you discover from characters' relationships with him and choosing his in-game text replies, etc. He's his own character, not just an avatar.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I admit, Link's at his blankest, (*cough*blandest*cough*) in BOTW, but there's an in-game explanation for that. He's an emotionless soldier, unable to express how he truly feels most times because of the burdens on him, etc. He still shows personality though, which you discover from characters' relationships with him and choosing his in-game text replies, etc. He's his own character, not just an avatar.
I mean, that just means he's a poorly written and developed character.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom