• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Game Story

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
What is the best story for a game you have played.?

Mine is definitely Infamous. I'm pretty sure you've heard me talk about this game before, and I mainly love it because of the story. The gameplay is fun too, don't get me wrong, but I mainly boast about it because of the story. Full of complexity, love, betrayal, and one of the biggest plot twists I've ever seen in a game. The story was so good, a movie was attempted to be made after the game. I'm not sure if it's still in the process though.

Twilight Princess is another. The story for TP incorporated so much into it that we don't always get in a Zelda game. It was so complex and was filled with mysteries that the gamer was to use logic in order to fill in the holes. I really enjoyed this story because a lot can be interpreted from it.

Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3. I know. A lot of people hate it. You don't have to get on my case. But for me Personally, I really liked the story of this game. I didn't like... certain scenes that made my skin crawl and the end was indeed a copout. But I fell in love with Sonic games because of this story so I would be lying if I said it didn't leave an impact.

Last edited:

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
The Ace Attorney series, hands down. Really, the story is the game, as the gameplay consists mostly of textboxes and awesome sprites. Trials and Tribulations, in particular, had an excellent story. And an ending that made me cry three separate times. Touching, beautiful, heartwarming, and with an epic final confrontation to tie it all together. What more could you possibly ask for?

Cave Story was another great one. Hell, it even has "story" in the title. The story is like a thick fog at first, but every character you speak with, every item you get, every area you visit all cut through the fog just a little until at last you have a clear picture of what is going on. A brilliant story.

The Professor Layton series, too, has excellent stories. With utterly bizarre yet at the same time entirely sensible plot twists and emotion that is very powerful, the stories here are quirky and wonderful.

Lastly, Heroes of Mana also deserves a mention here. the massive yet hopeless struggle, war's impact on a personal level, and haunting secrets about the world's darkest magic all tie together to make an absolute masterpiece of a story. That will make you cry.

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
For me it's The Legend of Zelda series, Killzone Series, A couple of Call of duty games, Some Medal of Honor games, The Final Fantasy Series are definitely good ones, and of coarse The Lord of the Rings Games.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I have to go with Silent Hill 2 .. the story is very emotionally driven and fear instilling, and is told perfectly as you progress through the game, building up to the big plot twist near the end. Then the 3 main endings are all quite different from each other, yet fit the behavior you choose to have the main character portray throughout the game.

Final Fantasy VI, Mother 1, and Cave Story.
Final Fantasy VI fleshes out its characters very well. The main villain, Kefka, is immediately characterized as mean the moment you first see him; as he walks to a castle in the desert, he orders his soldiers to shine his boots, and gives a maniacal laugh. Relm is characterized as kind yet childish by her love for animals and her defiance towards her grandpa. Love is played with, and used as a way to makecharacters do things they wouldn't do normally, which effectively makes love more controversial. Also, the story actually has a villain that can be related with. Kefka is portrayed as someone who views life as a way to be self-indulgent; in his case, indulging in being destructive. Many other people (including myself) believe in self-indulgence, making the player doubt their motives. Final Fantasy VI took a lot of principles we already view as good by default, and put them in situations we wouldn't think of them in.
Mother 1 has characters dying, but so do other games. Mother actually makes these deaths MEANINGFUL. Innocent people die at the hands of others. The reason this is different from Mother 3 is because it was done by people who are actual jerks. Mother 3 has unintelligent beasts just running rampantly, accidentally killing people along the way. This... doesn't make me cry. Heck, Hinawa, the person who everyone grieves over in Mother 3, is hardly fleshed out. Sure, Lucas is affected by this, but that just shows that he needs to GROW UP. In Mother 1, a robot named EVE sacrifices itself to save the main characters from certain death. Why is this meaningful? First, EVE was a freaking tank. EVE could kill just about everything. Losing it means you are now defenseless. Second, EVE contained the 7th melody. This meant you were one step closer to finding out Queen Mary's secret, psyching the player up. Overall, Mother used death better than any other game could.
I also posted a whole analysis on Cave Story's story. Go look for it yourself.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and Chrono Trogger especially when Chrono dies and everyone wants to revive him.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I love the Zelda series for the stories. If I had to pick one... well I just can't! I also like the story for Perfect Dark.

L

llamaman000z

i like the sonic stories and ty the tazmainian tiger had a good one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom