• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Artists of the Decade

Zarom

The King
Ok. Here is the official list of the 20 best artists of the decade:

#1. Eminem
#2. Usher
#3. Nelly
#4. Beyonce
#5. Alicia Keys
#6. 50 cent
#7. Nickelback
#8. Britney Spears
#9. Destiny's Child
#10. Jay-Z
#11. Mariah Carey
#12. The Black Eyed Peas
#13. Pink
#14. Kelly Clarkson
#15. Kanye West
#16. Ludacris
#17. Rihanna
#18. Creed
#19. Linkin Park
#20. Christina Aguilera

Ok. That's it. Personnally, I think Nelly should have been a lot lower, as well as Nicklback. Kelly Clarkson should not be in that list at all. And I have never heard of Creed.

So? Do you agree with that list? Tell me what you think about it! :) Please posts. :)

Austin

Austin
It really depends on what we mean by best. If "best" means overall quality, then I strongly disagree with the list. Frankly, there isn't a single artist on this list that should be on a list like that, and I personally feel that it's ridiculous to claim such a thing. If "best" means most influential, then... maybe. I dunno. I get the feeling that this list is only looking at pop music, and in that case they'd be right. However, in terms of music of all genres within this generation they'd be dead wrong. Finally, if "best" simply means most popular, then I can't disagree I suppose.

Where did you get the list from? What precisely do you mean by "official"?

linkman8

True and Noble
Wait, so this is an offical list? If so, where was it made and who made it?
And besides, how do you quantify something like this? What did they do, take a poll? Go by sales records?
In my humble opinion, I strongly disagree with just about every aspect of this list.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I don't have children? -Point's to Destiny's child-
Lol Just kidding. I like this list. Nelly Is a great singer and definetly deserves that spot up there.

Austin

Austin
That isn't all pop, there's Hip-Hop and Rap there too, and I feel most of you guys disagreeing never even listened to these people.
By pop, I'm referring to music that is popular. Hip-hop and rap is quite popular these days, and these artists are played on the radio quite often. Hence, pop. Also, I have listened to these artists, although for the most part, not extensively.

Austin

Austin
Then are they not supposed to look at popular artists? That's the whole point of these kinds of things, who is more popular.
Huh? That's the question I was asking in my original post, what the definition of "best" was. If by "best" they did mean "popular", then I said they were correct. But saying that doesn't mean that I think that just because they're popular that they're bad, all I was saying was that in my personal opinion, I didn't find any of them to be the best artists of the decade. It would appear that you disagree, so we'll just leave it as a difference of opinions. ;)

T

The Other World

Sorry but I think u accedently forgot to put Linkin Park as number 1

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I'm shocked you've never heard of Creed .. they're very popular worldwide. I'm willing to bet if you heard them you'd recognize them. That's not what's shocking (let's face it there are plenty of bands whose names aren't recognized but their songs are) .. But Creed has pretty much been a household name in alternative over the past decade, which is why I was surprised that you haven't heard of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6UVhZTTWb0

That's probably their most popular song .. it's one of their most popular for sure.

All that being said, I don't care much for them .. they have a couple songs I like but other than that I'm not a fan.

Kybyrian

That isn't all pop, there's Hip-Hop and Rap there too, and I feel most of you guys disagreeing never even listened to these people.

You're kidding, right? I have to listen to it constantly. I absolutely despise it. They couldn't have stuck with REAL music. By real music, I mean something that actually has instruments in it. Over half of the music anymore is made with computers and all that. Not even the voices are real half the time.

If you ask me, none of those people should be on that list. It's clearly going by popularity, and not by quality.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
That is one of the best posts I ever read. You are right. If you like it or not but that list is more based on popularity. When it comes to popularity the list is correct but when it comes to influence and quality this list is extremely poor. The problem I have with the music from the 90's and today is they are all like they are from a fabric. Sexy singers who sweep their butts and body around and all the same kinda beat. Bands are more acting like boybands. It's all the same. Give me a band or artist with an instrument who can actually play and really sing. However the only artist I like on this list is Eminem

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Out of that entire list the only one that I have listened to and enjoyed is P!nk :?

What Bige and Kyby have said, obviously going by popularity over quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom